Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 10, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #48,706 of 62,592
The hits keep comin'. As in, beating my head with the box of another pair of TWS I didn't need to repurchase, but the price drop was so good.

KEF Mu3 in Charcoal. No frills, but tuned great No app. No wireless charging. Perfect fit. ANC & Transparency is there, but you're paying for the fit and sound imo.

Attachments

• 4ED4C783-1676-4622-85A1-54D9ADE929FA.jpeg
    4ED4C783-1676-4622-85A1-54D9ADE929FA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 1C3A8D11-1C02-41BD-90E5-384D3403DDB3.jpeg
    1C3A8D11-1C02-41BD-90E5-384D3403DDB3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DC9DF375-4B28-455C-A8FF-A59DAB92CDCF.jpeg
    DC9DF375-4B28-455C-A8FF-A59DAB92CDCF.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 10, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #48,707 of 62,592
How are you liking the Kef? I might try them if I can get them for $98 at Visions Electronics here in Canada.

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #48,708 of 62,592
The hits keep comin'. As in, beating my head with the box of another pair of TWS I didn't need to repurchase, but the price drop was so good.

KEF Mu3 in Charcoal. No frills, but tuned great No app. No wireless charging. Perfect fit. ANC & Transparency is there, but you're paying for the fit and sound imo.

You, Sir, are insane. And I like that.

Nov 11, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #48,710 of 62,592
I've only heard one, but I'll recommend it either way....Cambridge Melomania 1+... Under $100 USD. No anc but great fit and excellent sound quality. Very surprised by how good it actually sounds. Great build quality too

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #48,711 of 62,592
Hi Guys,
in the "world" of wireless iem, at the moment what do you consider a Top 5...Give priority to sound quality....

I can only go with what I own.

1. Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro - these have the best over all sound signature of any TWS I have owned. The bass goes deep and yet is controlled, the mids are neutral and detailed, the treble has sparkle without crossing the line into sibilance. Sound stage is decently open and has as good a 3D presentation as my TWS I have owned. The only thing missing is a bit less detail in the treble as the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro. Weaknesses are no ability to set your own EQ relying on a small set of preset EQ's . I personally love the default sound and find the dynamic preset to be a nice alternative but not everyone will be so happy. I also have a newer Samsung device so get to take advantage of the 24 bit codec.

2. Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro - this TWS has very good sound once you apply the Hear ID function and can be tweaked like crazy due to the amount of presets available and the ability to just tweak the EQ to what ever you want. It supports LDAC, AAC, SBC so will work with just about any phone or computer. This TWS is an amazing bang for buck being half the price or less of most of the flagships out there from Sony, Bose, Samsung while offering arguably similar or more features, as good as or potentially better sound, and more. (If you like a stem style Soundcore has also just released the Liberty 4 which may be a contender but I can not speak from experience as it is not available in Canada yet). Signature is a bit heaver in the bass compared to the GB2P and has slightly less prominent mids, treble is articulate and detailed crossing over into being sharp and potentially sibilant unless you dial it back.

3. Technics AZ60 - this IEM offers a decent bag of tricks for features only missing auto detect in ear. It also looks really nice but lacks in comfort compared to the GB2P and Linkbuds S, and even slightly behind the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro. Setting that aside it signature is a bit mid-bass heavy that can mask the sub-bass a bit, nice warm mids, and decent treble detail. When on sale this is a decent performer that even offers multi-point while using LDAC, something no else has been able to accomplish.

4. Sony Linkbuds S - I have owned the WF-1000XM3 as well as the Linkbuds S and prefer the S over the XM3. In reading I am comfortable the XM4 would be less to my liking as I found the XM3 to dark sounding and the XM4 are apparently even darker sounding. So I was very happy with the Linkbuds S until I bought the SB2P and realized what I was missing sonically speaking. The S has a warm signature with a nice lush midrange but lack sub-bass depth and like all Sony BT headphones of the past few years is missing treble sparkle and detail. This is a great TWS for anyone who struggle with to much treble but for a 58 year old with hearing loss in that range these are just to polite. But they do have a great app and if you can train the AI to control ANC, no ANC, and ambient modes for you thse offer relatively OK battery life. But if you insist on LDAC, ANC, and DSEE to be enabled exported extremely short battery life of potentially only a couple of hours of use.

5. Soundcore Space A40 - this is smaller yet great battery performer than the L3P with only a single dynamic driver. It fits better and is arguably more a more balance sound. The signature is great if you don't want a lot of bass. I liked the bass mostly but do miss more sub-bass. The midrange is a bit dry and airy and treble is not as detailed as the L3P but also less harsh. This TWS has significant battery life as compared to the rest of the TWS on this list.

Battery life is pretty similar for most of these TWS except the Linkbuds S and Space A40. The S just is hampered unless you turn of LDAC and more importantly DSEE and then use the app to auto adjust settings in the fly. I find I can only get semi decent battery life if I use ANC only when really needed. If I turn on ANC when wearing these to bed for example the battery warning will wake me up way before I have slept for the night. The A40 on the other hand just clobbers everything on the list for battery life. If you really want a long battery life it's hard to beat and it's also almost as comfortable as the Sony and Samsung which are the best TWS for comfort with Samsung getting the nod for most comfortable.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #48,712 of 62,592
With bluetooth, it's always finicky especially when multipoint is in the mix. You have to try to set it up to succeed.

Delete connections and repair is always helpful.

For multipoint, if I know I don't need PC audio, I mute (or better yet set the default output to a non-BT output).

Today I had an issue where the music wasn't playing from my phone. Realized that MS Teams call I was just on may not have released the handsfree connection. Quitting Teams and instantly fixed the issue.

It's a shame that BT is still so unpolished in 2022. A decade+ later and the protocol is still the weakest link.
I don't know... With chip design to silicon production time, antenna design, battery advancement and especially trying to shrink it to fit INSIDE the ear????
We're where I expected, if not a little further in development..

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #48,713 of 62,592
Anyone here able to find the specs for Victor TWS.

The website might be translating poorly but only mentions descriptive stuff like "tuned by a technician in the studio"

I'm gonna pre order the HA-FX150T but want to know if it's just a smaller version of the HA-FX100T or hopefully closer to the HA-FW1000T.

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #48,714 of 62,592
Hi Guys,
in the "world" of wireless iem, at the moment what do you consider a Top 5...Give priority to sound quality....
Based off months of watching this thread. And no personal experience
1. Victor HA-FW1000T
2. Beoplay EX
3. Galaxy Buds Pro 2
4. ATH-TWX9
5. Soundcore Liberty Pro 3

I'll also put a special mention into ones I do have which are criminally underated, the ...
6. Nuarl N6 Mini2se

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #48,715 of 62,592
1. Victor HA-FW1000T
2. Beoplay EX
3. Galaxy Buds Pro 2
4. ATH-TWX9
5. Soundcore Liberty Pro 2

I'll also put a special mention into ones I do have which are criminally underated, the ...
6. Nuarl N6 Mini2se
You forgot the fokus pro. Btw, it should be 3 not 2 for the soundcore

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #48,716 of 62,592
1. Victor HA-FW1000T
2. Beoplay EX
3. Galaxy Buds Pro 2
4. ATH-TWX9
5. Soundcore Liberty Pro 2

6. Nuarl N6 Mini2se
GBPro2 ahead of TWX9 ….? Fighting words.

The TWX9 has to be the surprise hit of the year.

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #48,717 of 62,592

Just based off the vibrancy of other people's comments. The features of the TWX9 seem to get it to the top of the lists, with other buds offering better/different SQ. But I ain't dying on this hil don't worry :wink:

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #48,719 of 62,592

Agreed.

Right now for me, hard to pick an order, but currently in house:
B&O EX
Devialet Gemini
Bose QCII
AT TWX9
KEF Mu3
AirPods Pro 2

Nuratrue Pro coming soon.

NFP are still one of the best sounding I've owned.

Can't bring myself to try the Victor buds unless someone can convince me they'll fit comfortably.

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #48,720 of 62,592
Just based off the vibrancy of other people's comments. The features of the TWX9 seem to get it to the top of the lists, with other buds offering better/different SQ. But I ain't dying on this hil don't worry :wink:
Agreed.

Right now for me, hard to pick an order, but currently in house:
B&O EX
Devialet Gemini
Bose QCII
AT TWX9
KEF Mu3
AirPods Pro 2

Nuratrue Pro coming soon.

NFP are still one of the best sounding I've owned.

Can't bring myself to try the Victor buds unless someone can convince me they'll fit comfortably.
It is interesting that I prefer the sound of the AT to the Bose but I absolutely love the Bose ANC. I couldn’t live without the Bose.

But I can’t disagree with your list. I haven’t dusted off my Gemini in a while but maybe I’ll charge them up and give them a whirl. I have an APP2 coming tomorrow for a second run.

Looking forward to your impressions on the Nuras.

When will Apple give us hi res? Will we even notice the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back