Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 8, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #48,661 of 62,297
I saw the kenwood one for 74$ so I will give it a try. Coming in this weekend.
You really can't complain at the price. Mine were $99 a ways back.

Nov 8, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #48,663 of 62,297
Btw, is the a1 work on android or only the a1g work on it?
It is Alexa or Google assistant so either should work the same as a basic TWS and app. You can use either assistant on android but I'm thinking Google assistant is native to android and the better one for android. The "a1g" is probably the best choice for android.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #48,664 of 62,297
It is Alexa or Google assistant so either should work the same as a basic TWS and app. You can use either assistant on android but I'm thinking Google assistant is native to android and the better one for android. The "a1g" is probably the best choice for android.
I saw the g one for 74 and the a1 for 50, so I just want to be sure if this can use some voice assistant on my android phone

Nov 8, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #48,665 of 62,297
Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #48,667 of 62,297
That's so strange. I left the AZ60 EQ flat and the bass was just so overpowering. Like I said, I even tried with two different sets of AZ60s. The exact same results. I got some MTW3's today, and they sound more like the XM4 after I EQ'd them using Crin's MTW3 EQ profile. The bass is definitely tighter than the XM4's, but I still prefer the XM4's sound.

I wonder if the device is the reason for the difference in audio? I'm using a OnePlus 8T with LDAC for the XM4 and the aptX Adaptive for the MTW3. I'm also using the same silicone tips with both earbuds, just so I get a proper fit. I'm not a fan of the foam tips that come with the XM4's.

I also find the AZ60 bass overpowering, there's just soo much of it.

My current AZ60 EQ is:
100: -5dB
315: -1dB
1k: +1dB
3.15k: +2dB
10k: +3dB

With this I find music very enjoyable, the default flat EQ is meh, soo much bass, not enough of everything else.

Nov 9, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #48,668 of 62,297
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, best APP2 non-foam replacement tips for better stability? TIA. Is there a hybrid foam option perhaps?

Nov 9, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #48,669 of 62,297
So I got my EX replaced because of channel imbalance. Hard to say how much the difference was, but it was noticable. First time experiencing this in my headphones. Im not sure when the problem started, but it wasn't there in the beginning.

I was listening to my new pair yesterday, when suddenly all volume dropped something like 30%. Putting volume to max (OnePlus 10 Pro) was clearly lower than before. Today I deleted the bluetooth pairing from my phone and did a hard reset to the EX, which fixed the problem.

Weird.

I have also had some random connection problems with the new unit, but not sure is it more than with my original unit.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #48,670 of 62,297
So I got my EX replaced because of channel imbalance. Hard to say how much the difference was, but it was noticable. First time experiencing this in my headphones. Im not sure when the problem started, but it wasn't there in the beginning.

I was listening to my new pair yesterday, when suddenly all volume dropped something like 30%. Putting volume to max (OnePlus 10 Pro) was clearly lower than before. Today I deleted the bluetooth pairing from my phone and did a hard reset to the EX, which fixed the problem.

Weird.

I have also had some random connection problems with the new unit, but not sure is it more than with my original unit.
With bluetooth, it's always finicky especially when multipoint is in the mix. You have to try to set it up to succeed.

Delete connections and repair is always helpful.

For multipoint, if I know I don't need PC audio, I mute (or better yet set the default output to a non-BT output).

Today I had an issue where the music wasn't playing from my phone. Realized that MS Teams call I was just on may not have released the handsfree connection. Quitting Teams and instantly fixed the issue.

It's a shame that BT is still so unpolished in 2022. A decade+ later and the protocol is still the weakest link.

Nov 9, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #48,671 of 62,297
Welp, because I had a $25 gift card burning a hole in my pocket... repurchased the Devialet Gemini for $155 ($180 minus the $25) then oddly enough, Bloomingdales gave me a $50 gift card for purchasing. Woo hoo! For $180 they are a steal imo. The Gemini have always held a soft spot in my heart. The soundstage and sub bass is great. ANC is decent as well. Better than most. We'll see if any bugs rear their heads this time around.

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #48,672 of 62,297
Welp, because I had a $25 gift card burning a hole in my pocket... repurchased the Devialet Gemini for $155 ($180 minus the $25) then oddly enough, Bloomingdales gave me a $50 gift card for purchasing. Woo hoo! For $180 they are a steal imo. The Gemini have always held a soft spot in my heart. The soundstage and sub bass is great. ANC is decent as well. Better than most. We'll see if any bugs rear their heads this time around.
Funny, I had an unopened Gemini on my desk for over a month now. I was going to sell it after I got and really liked the ATH-TWX9, but last night I was listening to something that just didn't work -- too thin somehow. Then I spied the the Gemini, ripped it open and it was perfect, like settling into a favorite old armchair. The AT's have that amazing soundstage, but the Geminis have the mix of big open bass + detail that is just so pleasant. Add in good noise cancelling and wind handling and they are keepers, albeit with crap battery life. But if they ever do come out with something new I'm right on it.

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #48,673 of 62,297
Funny, I had an unopened Gemini on my desk for over a month now. I was going to sell it after I got and really liked the ATH-TWX9, but last night I was listening to something that just didn't work -- too thin somehow. Then I spied the the Gemini, ripped it open and it was perfect, like settling into a favorite old armchair. The AT's have that amazing soundstage, but the Geminis have the mix of big open bass + detail that is just so pleasant. Add in good noise cancelling and wind handling and they are keepers, albeit with crap battery life. But if they ever do come out with something new I'm right on it.
I'm guessing since they lowered the price, they've got something brewing. Same here. They really are great. Ahead of their time for sure.

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #48,674 of 62,297
I wish I heard what you hear in the Gemini, because... to me they just don't sound good unless it's with like... instrumental electronic music, and I also get like friction wounds or whatever you want to call them, if I wear them for more than 1-2 days in a row.
Like with an EQ they sound passable but it's still probably the worst TWS purchase I've made. Not the worst TWS's i've heard, but still the worst value for money purchase I've made. If they were $150 I'd be fine with it though

Nov 10, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #48,675 of 62,297
It's a shame that BT is still so unpolished in 2022. A decade+ later and the protocol is still the weakest link.

On the one hand it is amazing that we can have tiny wireless noisemakers in our ears and when they work, it is amazing!

But I agree that it is puzzling how it is still 'finicky' (my wife is still somewhat 'scared' of everything BT because of that) ... and even the latest greatest new Bose buds, I can't believe how often I have to put them back in the case / take out to get a proper connection ... might be multipoint related ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back