Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 29, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #47,416 of 62,011
Ended up putting the AZ60 back on the charger so had to reset. Right now I have been using them with LDAC plus ANC for about 3 hrs and they are around 50% so they definitely last better than the Linkbuds S.

Now that I have the audio sorted they sound a lot better having very good detail again.

They have a heavier and yet softer bass than the Linkbuds S. I love their ability to do big sub-bass for things like Hans Zimmer and some other tracks but wish they had better bass slam.

If the Space A40 can do the sub-bass of the AZ60 and slam of the Linkbuds S I will delighted.

Aug 29, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #47,418 of 62,011
Hopefully we'll see some news this week with IFA! Other than the new Audio-Technicas I'm really looking forward to what Technics are working on, hopefully a AZ60 v2! :)

I'm also really stoked for the rumoured Xperia 5 IV, which looks be a compact phone with 3.5mm jack and the latest BT features (Snapdragon Sound/LE Audio).

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #47,419 of 62,011
I'm starting to feel like the TWS market is getting overly saturated with no significant improvements.
I mean yeah, we do see new features pop up here and there but for the most part it's too much of the same.
Also, when picking up a decent set of wired IEM and doing some a/b critical listening it's pretty obvious to me that in terms of imaging and soundstage TWS are still lacking even if not by much.
Still would like to try Noble and their TWS as I always appreciated their products though.

Aug 29, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #47,420 of 62,011

Ahhhhhh..

I am notably new to the TWS game, and have refrained from a bullet bite for the last 450+ pages of varieties that have been listed on this thread since I caught it, but this forthcoming caught me right in the feel and excitement department.

I was close to slapping my commitment on the MW08/S but have trusted a lot of mixed experiences noted in posts over time about them, but seeing them pop up again in this thread page revoked a sense of rekindled hope that it may still be an option to have a pop at.

But the ATH’s. They excite me for whatever reason. I guess solely part due to the fact that I have run them as studio supplement aids for so many years to date, and their cost effectivity being so attractive and fulfilling to match open air monitor sound, undoubtedly incomparable to more expensive options out there but being the perfect suffice for their part.

I’m a noob at finding the fulfilment of an IE system (aside from top tier expensive options, again) but I’ve always held off and awaited patiently, for what may be my forwarded desires of having an all round TWS, as I tend to save pleasure for the open air experience and have always sufficed with the compromise. But I think the time has come where I am either molding outwards or forwards, or both.

I’m not one to muster a collection of varieties as I seem to have to many varieties of hobbyist plethora that would spell me broke should I succumb to it all, so I like to nitpick here and there.

Sorry for the elaboration, but peering along for so long at this topic has made me burst my bubble! Thanks to all of you that have contributed your knowledge in this thread as this thread alone has given me many more perspectives and insights as to what I truly desire for the product I eventually commit myself to, as some sort of beginning.

Though I cannot promise it doesn’t end up a criteria that I find myself succumbing to the passion of in itself with the acquisition of many, seeing as there isn’t a single solution to cater to everything (as with everything else out there) that many of you here share and divulge together.

Peace, and I look forward to flowing with the progress of this thread into the future we are all excited about!
:L3000::k701smile:

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #47,421 of 62,011
I'm starting to feel like the TWS market is getting overly saturated with no significant improvements.
I mean yeah, we do see new features pop up here and there but for the most part it's too much of the same.
Also, when picking up a decent set of wired IEM and doing some a/b critical listening it's pretty obvious to me that in terms of imaging and soundstage TWS are still lacking even if not by much.
Still would like to try Noble and their TWS as I always appreciated their products though.
I've still yet to own a pair of TWS that ticks all boxes for me, but were deffy getting close with the launch of next gen Bluetooth technologies (Aptx Lossless/Aptx Voice/LE audio/LC3 plus). The new Audio Technics seems to be the first pair of premium tws that will tick almost every box for me, hopefully more brands will follow soon.

Aug 29, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #47,422 of 62,011
Okay I have to ask this since it has been bugging me for a while...

What is everyone's experience and feedback when it comes to call quality for the person on the other end? Specifically what they tell you about background noise from your end. I had forgotten and left a kitchen faucet running on really low the other day and a client on the other end asked me if I was doing dishes.... I was on my Jabra 75t active at the time and after finishing the call I could barely hear the water running myself. I've had similar issues with various other supposed call quality TWS champs where minor background noise like footsteps penetrate easily and gets mentioned by the person on the other end of the call.

Is this the norm for everyone as well? The voice quality itself is fine but minor noises like doors opening and closing, a.c turning on and off and even tapping on a computer keyboard seem to easily get through. Actually it's any and every background noise as far as I'm concerned. Are we "not there yet" when it comes to background noise suppression when it comes to TWS in general or is it just me?
I guess no one wants to touch on this :laughing: It might just be me then and I should probably start looking at professional headsets for my VOIP work calls although it's going to be hard since I love the feeling of having nothing on your head and even in your ears with TWS in general...

Aug 29, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #47,423 of 62,011
I couldn’t agree more and this is only of opinion, but from a witness account alone of new options popping up left right and centre in such short time, makes it seem like it’s only destined to be.

Pro’s and con’s, the balance of caveats and sacrifice to focus on another area alone, especially when you see brands have so many different variants with miniscule differences in products from one another, but enough to differentiate the product.. It may very well fall into the symptom of the technological marketed rat race that is no short of a trend in our modern day world. Relative in so many aspects.

Aug 29, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #47,424 of 62,011
I guess no one wants to touch on this :laughing: It might just be me then and I should probably start looking at professional headsets for my VOIP work calls although it's going to be hard since I love the feeling of having nothing on your head and even in your ears with TWS in general...

I have a Jabra headset. Can’t remember the model but can check later.
It has a dongle and you can pair with a cellphone too. Call quality is excellent and sq is surprisingly decent too!

Aug 29, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #47,426 of 62,011
I love the Noble FoKus Pro. In fact I’m thinking of reaching out to Noble to see which of their IEMs have the same sound signature and would be best for the kind of music I love. They’d probably kick a$$ with the Gryphon

I guess the main thing I’d want in TWS that none of them have is lossless audio up to, say 11.2 Mbps for DSD

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #47,427 of 62,011
I love the Noble FoKus Pro. In fact I’m thinking of reaching out to Noble to see which of their IEMs have the same sound signature and would be best for the kind of music I love. They’d probably kick a$$ with the Gryphon

I guess the main thing I’d want in TWS that none of them have is lossless audio up to, say 11.2 Mbps for DSD
Just ask @FullCircle :)

Aug 29, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #47,430 of 62,011
The Sony WF-C500 earbuds are currently available for under £60 on Amazon.
I picked these up for the sale price.
They obviously lack many of the features found on the more premium Linkbuds S (my favourite true wireless earbuds). There is no noise cancelling, no wear sensors, no touch controls, no Sony Hybrid tips and no LDAC support.
The case also feels less premium, but actually is still quite nice.
Fit and comfort are quite good but not as good as the Linkbuds S.
Sound is decent. The Linkbuds S are much better sounding, but these are acceptable considering they are nearly £100 cheaper than those.
There are also actual buttons on the earbuds instead of touch controls which took some getting used to as it's easy to accidentally press the buttons while putting them in your ears.
Overall, if you're on a budget or want a cheap set of true wireless earbuds then these would be a solid pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back