Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 27, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #47,401 of 62,079
Aug 27, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #47,404 of 62,079
watching some reviews where they do some sound comparisons between the Soundcore Space Q45 and A40. The Q45 seems to be super bassy and the A40 seem a lot more balanced. Going to be interesting when these arrive. Hope they come faster than the estimated September 26 - Oct 6 date Amazon is listing. The Q45 sound like they have better ANC and phone call quality.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #47,405 of 62,079
Anyone know why so many NIB Samsung Buds2 Pro are showing up on the used market (particularly reddit)?
It was part of the phone pre-order promos. For the Flip4 preorder, Samsung was giving up to $900 trade in credit, free case, memory upgrade on lowest model + $200 to spend on accessories if you watched their video. My guess is many people used the credit to buy the Buds2 Pro and are flipping them for a profit.

EDIT: I debated using the credit for the Buds2 Pro for myself but since I just recently picked up the MTW3, I decided to just get my wife the Watch 5 instead. My brother did order the Flip4 256gb + case + Duo wireless charger + Galaxy Buds2 Pro for $127.27 + tax after trade in. Sell the Buds2 Pro and you basically made money.

Would be interested to hear more impressions about them. I think what I have seen has been pretty positive so far. Personally, I am still holding out hope for a Galaxy Buds Live 2.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #47,406 of 62,079
Aug 27, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #47,407 of 62,079
Got my Soundcore Space A40 today. For the price, I'm impressed. Using Moondrop Springtips and ANC is very impressive. Small and pretty much has all the bells and whistles less auto pause. I used them to listen to a baseball game while out and about and no issues. They're nice and small. Going to try and use them sleeping tonight. I'll report back after a few days.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #47,408 of 62,079
The Victor and EVA plays some of these way better than the fokus pro. I listen to lots of Sawano as well. For the kpop there, I think the EVA and the fokus suits more than the Victor due to their bigger and deeper bass rumble but Victor tends to highlight the vocals more, if that's what you are after.

Gotta say I never consider fokus pro to be mid-focus - quite the opposite the mids are too scooped out for my liking, to the effect that much of the vocal or instrument timber cannot be accurately presented. On the other hand, the Victors is decidedly mid-focus while the final/EVA is somehow the most balanced of the bunch. I had sung praises on my Victor woodies before but here I wanna give some credit also to the final/EVA, they are surprisingly good not just for a anime fans oriented product but also in general as a TWS released 2 years ago. Still one of the best sounding TWS up to today in my books.
I dont think victor fw1000t have better vocal than fokus pro because i always feel vocal on victor isn’t clear like fokus pro. On the other hand, i like bass on Victor more than fokus pro because it is deep, clear and warm more than fokus pro. I’m so confused, i dont really know that should keep which one lol
i use tips azla xelastec and jvc spiral dot++ instead of stock tips

Attachments

• 7FCD387B-39E6-4C06-993E-BE30146C2478.jpeg
    7FCD387B-39E6-4C06-993E-BE30146C2478.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #47,409 of 62,079
For those who prioritize sound quality and comfortable form factor over anything else I still highly recommend the Shure TW2 adapters with your own IEM as long as they fit.
The app is great and the EQ is one of the best in the business. Transparency mode is excellent and they are very comfortable and I can easily make phone calls and people say they hear me very loud and clear. They are also the most reliable TWS that I currently own and the battery life is superb.
I just like the fact I can use my IEMs and they fit perfectly.
The case is big but I learn to live with it. 😎

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #47,410 of 62,079
Argh ,.. more Soundcore! I realized yesterday that I had not check / played with my Soundcore Liberty Air TWO Pro in nearly a year! Those are still very nice buds and had their hype moment .. similar to the 1more Comfobuds Pro Aurora ... and since they are stem based, they simply do not get much love anymore ...
And with the L3P still going strong and being a powerhouse of joy, I just can't get myself to get yet another Soundcore set ... (ignoring that slight relapse I had with the A3i i had over the summer, which I also sent back :D)
Trying to save my money for the APP2 and the BoseQCeb2

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #47,413 of 62,079
OK, am I doing something wrong?

I was listening to my AZ60 and enjoying enjoying "An Ancient Muse" by Loreena Mckennit and noticed the deep bass in a couple of songs. So switched to the Linkbuds S and the bass more subdued but the amount of detail was way more than the AZ60.

I then switched to LDAC on the Linkbuds because I use LDAC on the AZ60 and suddenly the detail dropped more like the AZ60 and the bass increased a bit but still less than the AZ60.

So I put back on the AZ60 and turned off LDAC and the detail increased to almost the same level as the Linkbuds S.

Why would LDAC lack detail, it should be the exact opposite??? I will play with the developer settings, but this just seems bizarre to me.

I know I can't get 990 on any LDAC device I have tried so have tried 330, 660 and adaptive and don't notice much difference between those three (I make sure they get applied by adjusting either the bits per sample or sample rate). I have tried switching from 32 bit to 24 and 16 bit and that doesn't seem to make the difference and neither does lowering the sample rate from 96.

The noise floor is much lower in LDAC but at the cost of detail. Originally I thought this was an issue with the Linkbuds S but now hearing it with the AZ60 has me thinking it's the codec or something with my phone (Samsung S20).

Anyone experience this or have a setting I am missing?

EDIT: found it! If I switch the sample rate to 44.1 the sound jumps back up to the same detail as AAC. Bizarre, I am using Amazon Music and the album is Ultra HD so should be able take advantage of a higher sample rate I would have thought.

I notice this issue on a lot of my music with LDAC including my own music I ripped to FLAC as well as my hi-res FLAC files I bought online from places like HD Track.

I played with DSEE and this the first time I could hear an improvement. It did make this album sound better.

Be interesting just how badly the LDAC and DSEE kill the battery life LOL.

I wish LDAC wasn't such a mess in regards to having to be tweaked to even begin to get it to work correctly and you have to do it every time you use it. For the average person it's a complete waste of time.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #47,414 of 62,079
Yip esp. as many do not have a clue and are listening to CD rips mp3 320k/Flac so 16/44.1 and LDAC will be set to 24/96.

Many reviews sites said LDAC was overrated, and aptX-HD was as good as it.

The best I have heard over BT so far was the MTW3 using a 24/96 aptX Adaptive USB Adapter with Amazon Music HD but I am not 100% sure if those buds are 24/96 or 24/48 TBH or possibly my FiiO BT Neckband + FiiO FH5's via aptX-HD/LDAC with the above service.

I kept my FH7 wired but TBH they sound a bit too thud, thud of bass over the FH5's same as other have found.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #47,415 of 62,079
So listening to LDAC with DSEE enable no ANC I an down to 3% on the right at 11% on the left since I posted at 2:09 and that was around 90% so around 2 1/2 hours maybe 3 hrs from 100% if that. Battery just died on the right as I typed this.

Will interesting to see how good the Space A40 do, will also be testing the AZ60 in this regard.

So for those wanting the most from LDAC you might be surprised what happens when you play with the sample rate.

So far I have found I need to adjust to 660, 24 bit, and 44.1 using my own files and Amazon music. I can also use 330 or adaptive but can set it to 660 and get decent performance with no stuttering or connectivity issues so far.

Just tested the AZ60 and they also work well with the same settings. Now that I determined what was happening I am really enjoying the AZ60 again as they have better low end than the Linkbuds S.

Will track time from 4:55 pm to see how the AZ60 last with these settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back