Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 29, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #47,431 of 62,128
I was curious about those, but then realized my speaker is fine unless I need to move about, then switch to tws
It’s a fine product. Not my go-to but it’s a great set. The battery life is ridiculously long which is a huge plus for me when I’m on Zoom calls all day.
Problem is they sit over the ears but I’m not loving it and they look a bit too goofy.

Aug 29, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #47,432 of 62,128
I picked these up for the sale price.
They obviously lack many of the features found on the more premium Linkbuds S (my favourite true wireless earbuds). There is no noise cancelling, no wear sensors, no touch controls, no Sony Hybrid tips and no LDAC support.
The case also feels less premium, but actually is still quite nice.
Fit and comfort are quite good but not as good as the Linkbuds S.
Sound is decent. The Linkbuds S are much better sounding, but these are acceptable considering they are nearly £100 cheaper than those.
There are also actual buttons on the earbuds instead of touch controls which took some getting used to as it's easy to accidentally press the buttons while putting them in your ears.
Overall, if you're on a budget or want a cheap set of true wireless earbuds then these would be a solid pick.
i tried to like the CF-500 but the button was a bit to hard to press so bothered my ears. I agree that the Linkbuds S sound alot better too. But I have to admit that price jump from $100CAD (actually got them for around $79-89 can't remember the exact price...) to $299 was a BIG leap. I do see the Linkbuds now occasionally going on sale for $249 and imagine they will have a Black Friday/ Boxing day prices of around $199 but thats still one heck of a jump in cost.

I kind of dread getting the Soundcore Space A40, if they sound as good as the Linkbuds S and have close to the same ANC and comfort, then they will make me feel like I wasted my money... sort of... I say sort of because I do really like the Linkbuds S as I have over 330 hours on them so far...

As I type this they are telling me the battery is almost dead though, so really do wish they had better battery life. started wearing them at 12:30 and its only 3 now, so 2.5 hours of life. Gong to check I think I may have forgot to turn DSEE back off... Just checked and sure enough it was on, man that's a battery drain...

EDIT: Does sound better though, but at that cost of battery life it has to go...

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #47,433 of 62,128
Anyone try out the app called Endel? Its one of those weird cross promotions with the Linkbuds S. Decided to give it a whirl as I like my weird spacey music and use binaural stuff for sleeping all the time. So far it's pretty impressive. I used it for my power walk and it quickly adjusted the music to match my walk cadence and then jazzed it up from there. I have been using it once I got back to the office to focus and its helped at that too. So will be playing with it over the next few days while its free to see if I am willing to spend cash on it per month/year...

Aug 29, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #47,434 of 62,128
Looking ks like I might not wait a month for the Space A40 just recieved notice they are shipping. It still say September 26 for delivery but hopefully that will change soon.

Fingers crossed.

Aug 30, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #47,435 of 62,128
Aviot is yet another brand going "open". They are doing 2 models. I like this one better at least how it looks. https://aviot.jp/product/te-s1/
1661864959944.png

1661864985749.png

Aug 30, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #47,436 of 62,128
Got the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and these sound really good. A lot better than Galaxy Buds Pro IMO. Sadly these use the proprietary tips. The tips are round in shape but they have a very short stem so no third party tips compatibility.

The bud size is on the smaller side so these are comfortable in ear but without custom tips, it's not a great experience for me. Sound is very balanced with good sub bass. Vocals are forward and treble is just enough. Phone call quality is very good as well. Transparency is very very good, ANC is acceptable and on part with most good buds.

Touch controls are ok for ANC and tracks, but suck for volume control as you have to touch the tip and enable this in advanced settings in the app.
I got it as part of combo deal with flip 4 and watch 5 and I managed to replace tips with spinfit cp1025. Its a definite upgrade for sure. I am amazed by sound quality as I have also Jabra Elite 75T. That said I much rather have buttons on 75T than touch controls on GBUDS 2 pro. its very inconvinient especially during jogs/workouts.

Aug 30, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #47,437 of 62,128
I got it as part of combo deal with flip 4 and watch 5 and I managed to replace tips with spinfit cp1025. Its a definite upgrade for sure. I am amazed by sound quality as I have also Jabra Elite 75T. That said I much rather have buttons on 75T than touch controls on GBUDS 2 pro. its very inconvinient especially during jogs/workouts.
how would you say these would fit for a workout? Any issues staying put?

Aug 30, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #47,438 of 62,128
Anybody got the OPPO Enco X2 incoming? The dynamic + planar driver combo, LDAC etc. sounds very interesting.
That being said, Huawei's FreeBuds Pro 2 may be worth a listen too...
I got the Oppo Enco X2 recently, 100% recommended for sound and connectivity to my Oppo phone. The connection defaults to LHDC a CODEC that doesn't connect at all with other devices I've tried connecting the phone to which is odd.

Oppo TWS and Oppo phone just works perfectly, who would have thought it but it is something other manufacturers have got wrong before.

Aug 30, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #47,440 of 62,128
Yeah man! The evolve2 65 with the boom mic lol
I can literally sit on the beach and have a work call without people knowing. They are that good 😎

It’s a fine product. Not my go-to but it’s a great set. The battery life is ridiculously long which is a huge plus for me when I’m on Zoom calls all day.
Problem is they sit over the ears but I’m not loving it and they look a bit too goofy.
Interesting. I use the Jabra link 380 dongle as well Do you see a huge difference in background noise cancellation capabilities between professional headsets like your Evolve 2 and the best call quality TWS' out there or has the gap narrowed? I'm on Jabra VOIP work calls 8-10 hours daily and I'm trying to balance comfort (not having anything heavy or over the head) vs the occasional background sound leakage (really rare since I work in a quiet environment overall).

I've just been spoilt with the absolute comfort and the feeling of having nothing in your ears with TWS in general the last couple of years that every time I put on regular over the ear headphones I tend to take them off right away and reach for my TWS instead...

Aug 30, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #47,441 of 62,128
Noble FoKus Pro owners - quick question. If my buds are paired but I'm not sent any audio through them (or if I paused the music), the buds will flash a white light every few seconds.

Just wondering if this is the same for everyone else? Is there an option to turn off this white light flashing? Thanks

Aug 30, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #47,442 of 62,128
I got the Oppo Enco X2 recently, 100% recommended for sound and connectivity to my Oppo phone. The connection defaults to LHDC a CODEC that doesn't connect at all with other devices I've tried connecting the phone to which is odd.

Oppo TWS and Oppo phone just works perfectly, who would have thought it but it is something other manufacturers have got wrong before.

Oppo Enco X2 sound excellent and to my ears better than the Huawei Freebuds Pro 2. But prospective buyers need to be aware that the largest included tips are rather small and you can't use third party tips, due to a vent hole in the nozzle and a matching notch in the Oppo tips that other tips don't have. Bad design decision imo.

oppo_enco_x2_tips.jpg

Aug 30, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #47,443 of 62,128
I've just received L3P.
After changing from soudcore sound to flat, via APP, these sound very good, not better than my Sennheiser CX thrue, but different with more basses and high extension.

Aug 30, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #47,444 of 62,128
Interesting. I use the Jabra link 380 dongle as well Do you see a huge difference in background noise cancellation capabilities between professional headsets like your Evolve 2 and the best call quality TWS' out there or has the gap narrowed? I'm on Jabra VOIP work calls 8-10 hours daily and I'm trying to balance comfort (not having anything heavy or over the head) vs the occasional background sound leakage (really rare since I work in a quiet environment overall).

I've just been spoilt with the absolute comfort and the feeling of having nothing in your ears with TWS in general the last couple of years that every time I put on regular over the ear headphones I tend to take them off right away and reach for my TWS instead

I've just been spoilt with the absolute comfort and the feeling of having nothing in your ears with TWS in general the last couple of years that every time I put on regular over the ear headphones I tend to take them off right away and reach for my TWS instead...

In terms of background noise I find the Jabra headset to be much less sensitive to background noises.
A couple of scenarios that I had experienced;
1. Construction across the street while on a work call. On the Jabra I asked if they hear the loud construction noise and they all said not at all while using a couple of different TWS people where telling me I sounded clear but with too much background noise.
2. Phone calls while doing dishes. Using the Jabra was barely noticeable for my coworkers while very loud and noticeable using TWS.

All in all I feel the Jabra headset doesn’t amplify background noises as much while some TWS do it big time so when they pick up your voice it’s not muffled.
Also, the Jabra mic is positioned very close to the mouth. I can almost whisper and people still hear while on calls.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #47,445 of 62,128
Noble FoKus Pro owners - quick question. If my buds are paired but I'm not sent any audio through them (or if I paused the music), the buds will flash a white light every few seconds.

Just wondering if this is the same for everyone else? Is there an option to turn off this white light flashing? Thanks
I haven’t found a way to turn off any lights (unfortunately)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back