Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 25, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #47,375 of 62,419

feature, battery life, size, all seems to fit my needs.. interesting!

Aug 26, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #47,377 of 62,419
Ordered them today. We'll see how they sound. PM if you want a code for $20off

nice! I'll be waiting for your impression. i will wait for it to be available in my local stores, easier to deal with warranty and stuff :grin:

Aug 26, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #47,378 of 62,419
Aug 26, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #47,379 of 62,419
So I have $75 of Amazone gift money available. Based on Amazon only availability what would be a worthwhile TWS to consider. Budget limitation of $150Cad. I can get the Soundcore L3P for $150 so that one I am thinking of. Is there any other good choice for that price range or lower?

I love my Linkbuds S and they are my daily driver. I am wanting something that will have amazing 3D imaging or a more dynamic bigger sound as an alternative. It would be nice to have an app and things like ANC but since the Linkbuds do all that these feature are less important.

To help rule out some usual suspects I already own or have owned:
In Between Pro
Galaxy Buds Pro
Sennheiser CX400
Sony WF-1000XM3
Jabra Elite 3 and 7

Might be some more but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Not willing to spring the big bucks on the new Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, would love to try the WF-1000XM4 just to see if my thoughts on them are accurate or not but can't afford that high a price tag just to satisfy curiosity.

I looked to see if I could get the Tinbud 3 but not available through Amazon Canada yet :frowning2:.

How about LG FP9 I can get one through the outlets store for under $150? NVM apparently has major cosmetic damage. So a no go for me...
final ze3000 should be worth a look at.

Aug 26, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #47,381 of 62,419

feature, battery life, size, all seems to fit my needs.. interesting!

those look very interesting, they are $129 in Canada and say not available until end of September so may wait until actually available and hopefully they go on sale for a bit off to make them more affordable.

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #47,382 of 62,419
Ordered them today. We'll see how they sound. PM if you want a code for $20off
Just an FYI on battery life… from Soundcore FAQ: 8hrs with ANC and only 5 hours with talk+ANC.

Also, is the A40 Soundcore’s equivalent to the 1More Evo but for less money?

Full info:

Normal Mode: Up to 10 hours on a single charge of the earbuds. 50 hours with the charging case.
Noise Cancelling Mode: Up to 8 hours on a single charge of the earbuds. 40 hours with the charging case.
Transparency Mode: Up to 8 hours on a single charge of the earbuds. 40 hours with the charging case.
Call: Up to 6 hours in Normal mode. 5 hours in ANC mode.
Note: Battery playtime is obtained from testing in the Anker laboratory using the earbuds' default settings, in normal mode, and 50% volume. The actual playtime may vary by volume, audio source, environmental interference, usage, etc.

Aug 26, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #47,383 of 62,419
Just an FYI on battery life… from Soundcore FAQ: 8hrs with ANC and only 5 hours with talk+ANC.

Also, is the A40 Soundcore’s equivalent to the 1More Evo but for less money?

Full info:

Normal Mode: Up to 10 hours on a single charge of the earbuds. 50 hours with the charging case.
Noise Cancelling Mode: Up to 8 hours on a single charge of the earbuds. 40 hours with the charging case.
Transparency Mode: Up to 8 hours on a single charge of the earbuds. 40 hours with the charging case.
Call: Up to 6 hours in Normal mode. 5 hours in ANC mode.
Note: Battery playtime is obtained from testing in the Anker laboratory using the earbuds' default settings, in normal mode, and 50% volume. The actual playtime may vary by volume, audio source, environmental interference, usage, etc.
Based on my experience with TWS they all drain battery quite a bit when using them for calls as opposed to just playing music.

Aug 26, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #47,384 of 62,419
Okay I have to ask this since it has been bugging me for a while...

What is everyone's experience and feedback when it comes to call quality for the person on the other end? Specifically what they tell you about background noise from your end. I had forgotten and left a kitchen faucet running on really low the other day and a client on the other end asked me if I was doing dishes.... I was on my Jabra 75t active at the time and after finishing the call I could barely hear the water running myself. I've had similar issues with various other supposed call quality TWS champs where minor background noise like footsteps penetrate easily and gets mentioned by the person on the other end of the call.

Is this the norm for everyone as well? The voice quality itself is fine but minor noises like doors opening and closing, a.c turning on and off and even tapping on a computer keyboard seem to easily get through. Actually it's any and every background noise as far as I'm concerned. Are we "not there yet" when it comes to background noise suppression when it comes to TWS in general or is it just me?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #47,385 of 62,419
Anybody have any luck with Sennheiser CS lately? My amazing sounding MTW3 have the issue where when you put them in the case sometimes the magnets aren't strong enough to disconnect them from the phone. It's been 9 days and I got an automated email response with a ticket # but absolutely no human response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back