Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 24, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #47,356 of 62,639
Got the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and these sound really good. A lot better than Galaxy Buds Pro IMO. Sadly these use the proprietary tips. The tips are round in shape but they have a very short stem so no third party tips compatibility.

The bud size is on the smaller side so these are comfortable in ear but without custom tips, it's not a great experience for me. Sound is very balanced with good sub bass. Vocals are forward and treble is just enough. Phone call quality is very good as well. Transparency is very very good, ANC is acceptable and on part with most good buds.

Touch controls are ok for ANC and tracks, but suck for volume control as you have to touch the tip and enable this in advanced settings in the app.
You can use azla sedna for tws or horn shaped dor tws or even spinfit for tws

But i would say wait i contacted azla and they told me there are tips coming special for the buds2 pro because the normal tws azla are a bit to short
Screenshot_20220823-014142_GMX Mail.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #47,357 of 62,639
Got the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and these sound really good. A lot better than Galaxy Buds Pro IMO. Sadly these use the proprietary tips. The tips are round in shape but they have a very short stem so no third party tips compatibility.

The bud size is on the smaller side so these are comfortable in ear but without custom tips, it's not a great experience for me. Sound is very balanced with good sub bass. Vocals are forward and treble is just enough. Phone call quality is very good as well. Transparency is very very good, ANC is acceptable and on part with most good buds.

Touch controls are ok for ANC and tracks, but suck for volume control as you have to touch the tip and enable this in advanced settings in the app.
Try tapping the back of your ear lobe or that little spot right in front of your ear. You don't actually have to touch the buds to change the volume. Probably my favorite feature of Samsung Buds.

Aug 25, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #47,358 of 62,639
No, it's not about thst at all. I have had a few TWS in my time, and the size of the case for any of them has never been an issue in the slightest. Why do you need the MTW3 case to be smaller, that's my question? What do you want to do with it that you can't already?
Some people just prefer a smaller case, I tend to agree. A smaller case just makes it feels less intrusive in your pockets.

Aug 25, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #47,360 of 62,639
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #47,361 of 62,639
KZ VXS 5 driver hybrid (1DD / 4 BA)

Fellas, I haven't been around here very often lately as I've been ridiculously busy but i got this set in the mail today. Was a nice surprise from KZ. Anyways, this set is not bad at all. Sound wise. Some of the loudest tws I've heard in quite some time as well. Bare bones for the most part, except a low latency mode but the SQ is pretty darn nice. It's a budget set, I think Amazon sells them for around $50ish give or take a few. I don't normally go the ChiFi route but KZ has put out quite a few models now and seem to be getting things together. Anyways thought I'd share. Take care20220824_165808.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #47,362 of 62,639
Been using the MW08 and they are the best tws on the market imo, replacing my old fave the PI7

BUT, these things are useless for working out. They wobble all over. What happened to the awesome wing design of the mw07+?

Aug 25, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #47,363 of 62,639
Before I go hunting for another set of my trusty adidas cycling buds, anything else in the sub 100 category worth considering? The star of the show was the fit and very low profile with virtually zero wind noise. I also appreciated being able to lock the touch controls from the app.

When you say “zero wind noise” is this with transparency on? If yes, I must look into them. Which adidas are these exactly?

The CA MT give me great isolation but once I switch on transparency, while riding my bike, so I can listen to traffic, they’re unusable. Or at least very annoying past 15km/h.

Edit: in a longshot, but still possible, I may be able to get something from adidas directly. Are these the best adidas out there?

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #47,365 of 62,639
Wow, these look goooood... what are they priced around? Do you know how they sound or still unreleased?
Sept. 3 in Japan. Price for Japan is 33,000Yen or $240USD. November in the states was what the B&H site said but that was not set in stone most likely.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #47,366 of 62,639
Sept. 3 in Japan. Price for Japan is 33,000Yen or $240USD. November in the states was what the B&H site said but that was not set in stone most likely.

Great (unless it’s Japan only). Similarly priced to the Free Byrds. Hmmmmm...

Edit: I just saw you added US info. So... if we’re lucky, Europe will get them for New Years. Although, I’m very inclined towards the Beyers at this moment.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #47,368 of 62,639
Shame that the case looks a bit too big/flashy :/

I guess the size is due to the UV Sterilization contraption. But I honestly don’t care much about case size. At least as long as it fits in a pocket (and not only ye olde pocket watch pocket. Try putting anything solid in there and sitting down...) Otherwise, they tick all my boxes. Interesting customization options too. Very curious about how these sound.

Aug 25, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #47,369 of 62,639
I guess the size is due to the UV Sterilization contraption. But I honestly don’t care much about case size. At least as long as it fits in a pocket (and not only ye olde pocket watch pocket. Try putting anything solid in there and sitting down...) Otherwise, they tick all my boxes. Interesting customization options too. Very curious about how these sound.
The case seems middle of the road size. Indeed gets thicker on the back end with the UV and Qi stuff in there.
1661441842716.png

Hard to tell without knowing the hand size :)

Seems on par with the Beyer case as we had the proto pics. Beyer case is 60 grams and AT is listed at 55.9 grams so 56. Doubt the case size is a dealbreaker. SQ and ANC quality will be though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back