Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 14, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #4,201 of 62,491
yes, it's one of the reason why i kept my 65t for riding, because i can toggle ambient mode quickly. the way earin handles transparency mode, i think it would be better than the 65t for handling road noise..but currently no quick button change.

maybe all of M2 user here can email Earin to push them into making it possible (and also an EQ)

If you run transperency in auto mode on the M2 a single tap on either bud pauses music and turns on transperency, in my mind it can’t get any simpler than that

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #4,202 of 62,491
After M2 FW update, the sound located right in the middle how it should be. Before it was more towards the master earbud. Sound wise I didn't notice the big difference, though. Didn't check the battery life yet. I hope it is true if it's close to 4 hours.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #4,203 of 62,491
After M2 FW update, the sound located right in the middle how it should be. Before it was more towards the master earbud. Sound wise I didn't notice the big difference, though. Didn't check the battery life yet. I hope it is true if it's close to 4 hours.

The honeymoon is over. The first use after the fw update gave me 3 hours 45 minutes but the latest 2 runs are back down at 3 hours 5-10 minutes.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #4,205 of 62,491
At least they fixed the stereo balance.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #4,206 of 62,491
This is why I have 2 sets of M2's. Never run out of battery.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #4,207 of 62,491

95% of the time 3 hours is enough but once a week I need 4 hours so bring the E8 and/or G1 as well

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #4,208 of 62,491
Any recommendations for a decent and small USB BT dongle that has AptX, Aptx HD and AAC for my Win 10 laptop? Built-in BT is abysmal and supports SBC only.

On a side note, I think I’ve got bewitched by MW07. Got myself famed Beyerdynamic Aventho Wireless cans fully expecting to be blown away by their SQ vs MW07. I wasn’t expecting the diff like it’s the case with my wired AKG-K701 plus Creek hedamp, but still. In reality except for Beyers having obviously wider and more 3D soundstage and maybe a bit more resolution, to me MW07 beat ’em, granted by a small margin, in almost everything else, especially in overall clarity, energy and in detail in highs. Because Beyers support AptX HD I’m hoping that maybe it will improve the things. And, yes, I used Beyer’s fancy app to adapt DSP to my hearing. It made some subtle diffs for the better, but not all that earthshaking.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #4,209 of 62,491
Any recommendations for a decent and small USB BT dongle that has AptX, Aptx HD and AAC for my Win 10 laptop? Built-in BT is abysmal and supports SBC only.

On a side note, I think I’ve got bewitched by MW07. Got myself famed Beyerdynamic Aventho Wireless cans fully expecting to be blown away by their SQ vs MW07. I wasn’t expecting the diff like it’s the case with my wired AKG-K701 plus Creek hedamp, but still. In reality except for Beyers having obviously wider and more 3D soundstage and maybe a bit more resolution, to me MW07 beat ’em, granted by a small margin, in almost everything else, especially in clarity and detail in highs. Because Beyers support AptX HD I’m hoping that maybe it will improve the things. And, yes, I used Beyer’s fancy app to adapt DSP to my hearing. It made some subtle diffs for the better, but not all that earthshaking.

I was underwhelmed by the Aventho. Thought about reaching for the Amiron but they are just so huge it defeats the purpose of wireless. I never A/B'd them with MW07 because I got rid of them, but I'm not surprised to hear your impressions. I think the MW07 bests the MW50+ which is comparable to the aventho in price/features etc.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #4,210 of 62,491

I feel like "buying another pair of them" is the worst possible solution outside of "I soldered a USB port in so I can plug them in."

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #4,211 of 62,491
Any of you that have tried the Mavin Air-X, can you confirm it only comes with one size of tips? I read a review that mentioned there was only one set of tips included, which seems crazy.

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #4,214 of 62,491
Eh, I can sorta see a place for two of an earset, especially with something like the MW07s, with one colorway per outfit. It's definitely not efficient and definitely decadent and unnecessary.

Speaking of, I do think the previous Louis Vuitton branded MW07s might have been a prototype. Here's a post from a Japanese site with a new pic that looks a bit better.

http://audioon.blog.jp/archives/1073686507.html

It's a bad pic, but looks like it might be the symbols etched/embossed onto an acrylic with some streaks of grey in it

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #4,215 of 62,491
If you run transperency in auto mode on the M2 a single tap on either bud pauses music and turns on transperency, in my mind it can’t get any simpler than that

not exactly the same. with the 65t we can toggle it even without ever stopping the music. there are several scenarios that really make being able to do that convenient. and the response from the Earin representative says they knew about it and could make it happen. they just want to make sure if there's enough request are made about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back