Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 14, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #4,231 of 62,422
Where do you all get a chance to use your earphones / wireless headphones out?!?

I only get the time to use them at the gym and shopping.

I've installed a custom sound system in my car.

When I'm at home I always use my headphones (PM-2) as they're quite literally perfect for me.
I have too many headphones and not enough time time.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #4,232 of 62,422
Sad to say, but the MTW are going back.

- As others have indicated, the case will drain, drain, and drain some more. After I charged it with the buds in there, used the buds for a few hours, placed them back in the charger, it was dead and buds were at like 15% 24 hours later. I'm sure they started playing when I was sleeping. Completely unacceptable.
- The all plastic construction has started to concern me. If feels almost too light and susceptible to damage. I noticed small micro scratches on the back plastic area of the charger (not from plugging int he cable, btw) and the earbuds look like they're made of the same type of plastic. In contrast, the E8 actually look and feel more premium, while the MW07 are flat out the best in terms of materials. I may go back to the E8/MW07 combo vs. the MTW/MW07.

The sound is good but I only have 14 days and I'm already starting to see signs these may not last.
That sucks!
I don't want to jinks myself but I've had no battery issues so far. I do know what you mean by the earbuds being loose in the case and the case does feel cheesy.
When I put my Senns back into the case I never hit pause I put them back in while still playing and they just shut off.

On another note I keep thinking of getting the MW07 again and do more tip rolling to get that seal again. I sure do miss them!

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #4,233 of 62,422
That sucks!
I don't want to jinks myself but I've had no battery issues so far. I do know what you mean by the earbuds being loose in the case and the case does feel cheesy.
When I put my Senns back into the case I never hit pause I put them back in while still playing and they just shut off.

On another note I keep thinking of getting the MW07 again and do more tip rolling to get that seal again. I sure do miss them!
My MTW going back too, sadly. This is my second set and I'm having all the same issues - random case drain, left bud not charging to 100%, and now buds not auto-disconnecting when I put them in the case, and I know they're seated flush. Hugely disappointing.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #4,234 of 62,422
Where do you all get a chance to use your earphones / wireless headphones out?!?.
I commute to work - about 30 mins each way. A little bit at work and when out and about in the evening.
I have a couple of full size cans at home that barely get enough time.
To me, one reliable pair is all I need at this point. Had my trial and error with a bunch of stuff but overall I’m happy with what I have got.

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #4,235 of 62,422
Just returned the mtw yesterday. So I had them fully charged on Thursday. Didn't touch them until Saturday. Left earbud has 0% battery while right has 100%. Charging case light when pressed was full yellow. Didn't even bother to do anything else. Return requested and done. It is such a shame that this comes from Sennheiser. An amazing potential with short hand showing...

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #4,237 of 62,422
Where do you all get a chance to use your earphones / wireless headphones out?!?

I only get the time to use them at the gym and shopping.

I've installed a custom sound system in my car.

When I'm at home I always use my headphones (PM-2) as they're quite literally perfect for me.

Mostly for commuting. I have a 3-4 hour train and bus jouney each way

Jan 15, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #4,238 of 62,422
More on the M2 -

No delay whatsoever playing my switch with a USB aptX LL bluetooth dongle. MTW has a tiny bit of delay, most others (Bose, Jabra, IconX, Liberty Lite) had massive delay to the point they were unusable. Only ones without delay so far are M2, E8, and the cheapie Aukey corded bluetooth buds I bought on Amazon for $15. Not sure if that means the others don't support aptX LL and these 3 do, or not.

You using a Genki?

Curious. MTW support AptX-LL, but M2 and E8 do not list AptX-LL support!

Do you have a device that supports AptX-LL and can select/indicate the codec in use? Would be interesting to see if they do actually support AptX-LL, or whether they just have very low latency over whatever codec they are using! (If they have less latency over AptX than the MTW do over AptX-LL, that would be a curious result indeed!)

Jan 15, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #4,239 of 62,422
That sucks!

What’s interesting, is the E8 had a tricky fit, but I was able to cure that using the MTW tips. Give that a shot and see if it works for the MW07.

The other thing I appreciate about the MW07, is they feel like they’re made to last. Aside from the acetate, the earbud casing is steel. Even though the case is prone to scratching, it’ still metal and durable, even if the finish gets worn (although most will probably baby it anyway).

I liked the MTW, but I started to see some “signs”, just like with some past GFs. Oh, you’re waiting for me at my house already?! LOL!

Jan 15, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #4,240 of 62,422
You using a Genki?

Do you have a device that supports AptX-LL and can select/indicate the codec in use? Would be interesting to see if they do actually support AptX-LL, or whether they just have very low latency over whatever codec they are using! (If they have less latency over AptX than the MTW do over AptX-LL, that would be a curious result indeed!)
YouTube encodes in AAC, so that could be one (of many) reasons latency is good even if AptX isn’t used.

Jan 15, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #4,241 of 62,422
New curious problem with the Senn' MTWs
The left bud is VERY sensitive to external disruptions (Not sure how to describe it better)
When I walk past my 4 years old plasma-screen in my bedroom, the left bud crackles or just disconnects.
When I turn on the little fluorescent lighting in my kitchen, the MTWs are reacting with crackles or a short dropout.
When I'm in my nearest grocery store, there's something around the cashier that make the MTWs go "wild"... dropouts, crackling or just "give up" and disconnects...
There have been other similar experiences, but didn't know that could be external noise that affected the MTWs.
Any other who have experienced this?

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #4,242 of 62,422
Ouch that MandarinE was fiddly to get on.

1.jpg

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #4,243 of 62,422
I played with this a bunch last night, and as far as pure volume/ability to get loud goes, its M2>>MTW>E8. On pure clarity and detail, it’s exactly the opposite E8>MTW>M2, though the gaps are much smaller between the three.

For bass, M2>MTW>>E8. Even if I hold the E8 and my ear just right.

None of those are weird results to me. But this is. On soundstage, MTW>>E8>M2. However, on pure separation, M2>MTW>E8. The M2 makes the instruments sound very separate L to R, but there’s no space to it - like each instrument is sitting on top of each other. But there’s such a clear L/R divide-more so than in either of the other two. It kinda makes things sound unblended at times if that makes any sense.

Jan 15, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #4,244 of 62,422
New curious problem with the Senn' MTWs
The left bud is VERY sensitive to external disruptions (Not sure how to describe it better)
When I walk past my 4 years old plasma-screen in my bedroom, the left bud crackles or just disconnects.
When I turn on the little fluorescent lighting in my kitchen, the MTWs are reacting with crackles or a short dropout.
When I'm in my nearest grocery store, there's something around the cashier that make the MTWs go "wild"... dropouts, crackling or just "give up" and disconnects...
There have been other similar experiences, but didn't know that could be external noise that affected the MTWs.
Any other who have experienced this?
Interesting article that may shed some light (pun intended).
https://www.wirebiters.com/fluorescent-lights-mess-wifi-signal/

Jan 15, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #4,245 of 62,422
You using a Genki?

There are a lot of sellers on Amazon that appear to be selling the same thing but the box says "Gulikit Route +" Here's one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G49WFVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

It's a little finicky to connect to but once connected it works fine - increases the battery drain on the Switch by 15-20%, which means I never have to worry about the wireless IEMs running out of battery before the Switch does.

You have a point - I don't know that it's using AptX-LL, just that it says it uses AptX-LL. Don't know how I'd confirm that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back