Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 14, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #4,216 of 62,436
I wish there was a way on the 65T to have "transparency+music" pause on the 65t when you double-tap, the current mode just activates transparency and mutes the music, I can't see the point of that TBH. The other option that keeps the music playing while activating transparency makes a little bit more sense although I never use it.

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #4,217 of 62,436
This is why I have 2 sets of M2's. Never run out of battery.

95% of the time 3 hours is enough but once a week I need 4 hours so bring the E8 and/or G1 as well

looks like I'm not the only one carrying around two (or sometimes three) TWS daily

I feel like "buying another pair of them" is the worst possible solution outside of "I soldered a USB port in so I can plug them in."

yes, but given the state of battery life of that generation of TWS, it could be justified if we really love the sound :dt880smile:

i hope the next wave of the well known brands like Sony, M&D, Sennheiser, etc would make the jump past the 7 hour mark that the latest chifi could achieve (or even 10 hours like the Mavin air X)

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #4,218 of 62,436
I feel like "buying another pair of them" is the worst possible solution outside of "I soldered a USB port in so I can plug them in."
Sometimes, I think I just read this thread to see what clever responses you'll come back with. LOL!

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #4,219 of 62,436
looks like I'm not the only one carrying around two (or sometimes three) TWS daily

yes, but given the state of battery life of that generation of TWS, it could be justified if we really love the sound :dt880smile:

i hope the next wave of the well known brands like Sony, M&D, Sennheiser, etc would make the jump past the 7 hour mark that the latest chifi could achieve (or even 10 hours like the Mavin air X)
+1
Unfortunately, M-2 are too small for 7 hours battery.

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #4,220 of 62,436
Eh, I can sorta see a place for two of an earset, especially with something like the MW07s, with one colorway per outfit. It's definitely not efficient and definitely decadent and unnecessary.

Speaking of, I do think the previous Louis Vuitton branded MW07s might have been a prototype. Here's a post from a Japanese site with a new pic that looks a bit better.

http://audioon.blog.jp/archives/1073686507.html

It's a bad pic, but looks like it might be the symbols etched/embossed onto an acrylic with some streaks of grey in it

No product should ever, ever, ever be such that one feels compelled to have two of them for purposes of "backup". Period.

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #4,225 of 62,436
Sad to say, but the MTW are going back.

- As others have indicated, the case will drain, drain, and drain some more. After I charged it with the buds in there, used the buds for a few hours, placed them back in the charger, it was dead and buds were at like 15% 24 hours later. I'm sure they started playing when I was sleeping. Completely unacceptable.
- The all plastic construction has started to concern me. If feels almost too light and susceptible to damage. I noticed small micro scratches on the back plastic area of the charger (not from plugging int he cable, btw) and the earbuds look like they're made of the same type of plastic. In contrast, the E8 actually look and feel more premium, while the MW07 are flat out the best in terms of materials. I may go back to the E8/MW07 combo vs. the MTW/MW07.

The sound is good but I only have 14 days and I'm already starting to see signs these may not last.

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #4,226 of 62,436
Sad to say, but the MTW are going back.

- As others have indicated, the case will drain, drain, and drain some more. After I charged it with the buds in there, used the buds for a few hours, placed them back in the charger, it was dead and buds were at like 15% 24 hours later. I'm sure they started playing when I was sleeping. Completely unacceptable.
- The all plastic construction has started to concern me. If feels almost too light and susceptible to damage. I noticed small micro scratches on the back plastic area of the charger (not from plugging int he cable, btw) and the earbuds look like they're made of the same type of plastic. In contrast, the E8 actually look and feel more premium, while the MW07 are flat out the best in terms of materials. I may go back to the E8/MW07 combo vs. the MTW/MW07.

The sound is good but I only have 14 days and I'm already starting to see signs these may not last.

I'm both saddened and relieved by this. Part of me really wanted the MTW to be the perfect solution, but I also am glad I don't need to worry about replacing my MW07 lol.

All I got left is maybe buying the MW50+...

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #4,227 of 62,436
Ha, glad I'm not the only one who returned them now. I guess they were more trouble than they're worth. The MW07 imo kicks ass, I just couldnt justify spending the money though, I mean they are epic. But, I hope it won't be long before the equivalent comes down in price and performance and matches the mw07. Worse case scenario I pick up another mw07 pair when I have more funds.

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #4,228 of 62,436
Ha, glad I'm not the only one who returned them now. I guess they were more trouble than they're worth. The MW07 imo kicks ass, I just couldnt justify spending the money though, I mean they are epic. But, I hope it won't be long before the equivalent comes down in price and performance and matches the mw07. Worse case scenario I pick up another mw07 pair when I have more funds.

The MW07 has dropped to around $200-225 a few times. Keep your eyes peeled.

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #4,229 of 62,436
Do you keep a charging cable for when your other cable stops working every day?

charging cables are different from TWS, as we only bring spares because the battery ran out, not because it breaks and needs replacing. i try not to buy the same exact TWS or any earphones twice if i could, but i did with the Sabbat, which i gave one for my son.

but with the case of @vladzakhar maybe he just like the sound so much and want a seamless/quick transition from one unit to the other when the battery's out

i carry two in my bag, usually one noise isolating (m2, o5, or 65t) and one open backed (sabbat).

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #4,230 of 62,436
Where do you all get a chance to use your earphones / wireless headphones out?!?

I only get the time to use them at the gym and shopping.

I've installed a custom sound system in my car.

When I'm at home I always use my headphones (PM-2) as they're quite literally perfect for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back