Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 12, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #4,171 of 62,435
Sorry, just a quick clarification - is it that the Elite 65T does not compare to the Mavin's (good) sound quality? Or do you like the 65T sound better than the Mavin? (And it's the Elite 65T you had difficulty finding a tip that fit, yes?)

EDIT: I saw your previous posts in the thread and confirmed that yes you were pleasantly surprised by the Mavin's. I may give them a look!

Thanks!

The mavin sound is much better than the 65, in comparison 65t sounds thin and anaemic. But the 65t has the better support, app,voice, features and quality feeling.

Jan 12, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #4,172 of 62,435
The mavin sound is much better than the 65, in comparison 65t sounds thin and anaemic. But the 65t has the better support, app,voice, features and quality feeling.
Thanks for the additional thoughts!

Did you have much opportunity to try voice calls with the Air-X? My usage is about 90% music to 10% calls - so I'd like for them to be "good enough" (the MTW before the bugfix for the sound issue on calls were not "good enough" though they may be now that it is fixed).

I also realize I basically do not use transparency, though I do value it when evaluating for a purchase - but until the QCC5100 series products are coming out, the Air-X may be a suitable TWE for me if the calls are workable.

Jan 12, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #4,173 of 62,435
Thanks for the additional thoughts!

Did you have much opportunity to try voice calls with the Air-X? My usage is about 90% music to 10% calls - so I'd like for them to be "good enough" (the MTW before the bugfix for the sound issue on calls were not "good enough" though they may be now that it is fixed).

I also realize I basically do not use transparency, though I do value it when evaluating for a purchase - but until the QCC5100 series products are coming out, the Air-X may be a suitable TWE for me if the calls are workable.

Also waiting for 5100.. The mavin voice quality is only in the "gets the job done" so for short conversations, not serious calls. Again the jabra is better, thats why i use it in working hours. Mavin just shows how bad the music quality is on it.

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #4,174 of 62,435

I haven’t listened to the Mavin but demoed the 65t and Active and their sound is nowhere near thin and anemic. Are you sure you’re getting a proper seal or that your pair isn’t defective? I’m currently using the Jabra Elite Sport and they definitely have more bass than the 65t but the 65t are a bit cleaner and more balanced, unless your are a major basshead and like to listen to a super warm iems. :)

Jan 13, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #4,175 of 62,435
listening back to my 65t, i think lately we seem to under appreciate it's sound. it is nowhere near in "bad" category, in fact it is a really clear sounding and good staging iem. i do need to eq down the treble a bit, but that's it. wearing them inside my helmet when riding is great (it is still my number one pick for riding), and the slightly brittle treble is not fatiguing or bothering in that scenario. buttons are nicely reachable inside the helmet, and the call quality is stellar.

Jan 13, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #4,176 of 62,435
Yes the SQ on the 65t is certainly not bad at all and when used without any comparison point it's absolutely fine. If you put the WF-1000x or Sabbat in one ear and the 65t in another (or both by trying to change quickly) while streaming the same music from two phones (not easy to do !) there will be differences but it's not night and day either.

Jan 13, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #4,177 of 62,435
I haven’t listened to the Mavin but demoed the 65t and Active and their sound is nowhere near thin and anemic. Are you sure you’re getting a proper seal or that your pair isn’t defective? I’m currently using the Jabra Elite Sport and they definitely have more bass than the 65t but the 65t are a bit cleaner and more balanced, unless your are a major basshead and like to listen to a super warm iems. :)

The keyword is "in comparison". The 65t has sounded fine to me and used it for months, but does not compare to the mavins or the sennheiser ive only tested in the shops. Got these tips threaded on the 65

newbee
Newbee_Eartips_Paket_3Pair_Silicon_3Pair_Foam.jpg.webp

Jan 13, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #4,181 of 62,435
Those people who need brands to make themselves feel better will yearn for these and wear them 24/7 even when they've run out of battery.

Matches perfectly with a gucci belt?
I wonder how much they are going to charge. It'll be interesting if they were like $499 or something. I also wonder if this is going to open the door for more rebrands.

Curious, but does M&D hold the rights for the MW07 and is just licensing it out or does someone else (not sure how you'd find out). It's possible M&D may have exclusive marketing rights for a period of time and it expired.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #4,182 of 62,435
M&D does a ton of collaborations. My guess is they are licensing the headphones to LV for a handsome fee. I am a little surprised M&Ds name is not on them.

Jan 13, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #4,183 of 62,435
Curious, but does M&D hold the rights for the MW07 and is just licensing it out or does someone else (not sure how you'd find out). It's possible M&D may have exclusive marketing rights for a period of time and it expired.
M&D itself is a trademark of New Audio, LLC. Located in Midtown, Manhattan. I think they were started by a Wall Street banker's hipster son who was professionally playing in some kind of rock band. They everywhere stamp "designed and develooed in NYC". So I highly doubt that it's some kind of Chi-Fi design or license. Doesn't feel that way, nor in sound refinement, not in high-street design. Purely 5th Av boutique product, just manufactured in China. The LV version to me looks really hideous, except for maybe the round case. M&D should've licensed to something more exclusive like Hermes or Lalique. Even Movado would've been better

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #4,184 of 62,435
The LV version to me looks really hideous, except for maybe the round case. M&D should've licensed to something more exclusive like Hermes or Lalique. Even Movado would've been better

Agreed. Maybe the tapped they design person at Klipsch.

Back on topic, did we ever solve the whole SBC in the left ear issue for the MTW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back