Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 13, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #41,672 of 63,212
Ummmmm.... Ya dude.... I can't stop either. BTW the 5 are nice. Some go back and forth between which is better the 5 or the 4. Curious to hear what you think, as you've had time to spend with the 4 lately. Chi-fi or Jap-fi iems are just too good. I promise you man... The Iems you are buying for $200 bucks now would've been $1000 not very long ago. The competition is feirce man. Even budget sets are truly getting too good to pass up. I have loads of budget sets that truly compete sonically. Competition man... Turns out it actually works out in our favor.
I exchanged the 4 for the 5 and I'm immediately liking the sound better.

Jan 13, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #41,673 of 63,212
Any perceivable SQ or noise floor improvements with the SE215 setting on the SE846? I'm using the SE846 and am comfortable at 80% volume.
Could be psychosomatic, but I feel that the bass has more punch for me with it set for the 425. But if you like the volume the way you have it, no sense in messing with it, unless you want to experiment.

Jan 13, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #41,674 of 63,212
Could be psychosomatic, but I feel that the bass has more punch for me with it set for the 425. But if you like the volume the way you have it, no sense in messing with it, unless you want to experiment.

I think there is a slight difference between the SE215 and the TW2. The TW2 settings bring the sound to the front a bit and the highs are a bit more forward but when you switch to SE215 the whole thing takes a step back half a notch. It's subtle but it's there.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #41,675 of 63,212
I don’t think the TW2 are underpowered by any means. I’m at 50% volume when listening to them paired to the SE215
Maybe it's unfounded given these are 16 ohms, but many folks claim that planar magnetic buds need more power, and I've read, even here, not so satisfactory reports of utws3 + Timeless vs. great results withe the 5. Meanwhile I can't find any mW output specs for the TW2, while FIIO brags about theirs. I very much suspect there are other factors involved in bringing out great sound, but I don't understand them well. So -- anyone try the TW2 with a planar?

Jan 13, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #41,676 of 63,212
I think there is a slight difference between the SE215 and the TW2. The TW2 settings bring the sound to the front a bit and the highs are a bit more forward but when you switch to SE215 the whole thing takes a step back half a notch back. It's subtle but it's there.
@erockg check out also the Aonic 3 settings. They pump more than enough power to these puppies.

Attachments

• 246D3CFE-28B0-4287-9D6F-710531DA2D1F.jpeg
    246D3CFE-28B0-4287-9D6F-710531DA2D1F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #41,677 of 63,212
Seeking a little advice. I've been wearing the timeless with the UTWS5 for 2 days now and while I love the sound, the timeless is not exactly the most comfortable and my left ear gets really sore based on it's current position. I'm thinking maybe if I can get an MMCX to MMCX adapter it can help extend the length of the IEM lower to my ear to potentially give me a better fit. Does it exist?

Any other advice to make these a more comfortable fit would also be appreciated!

Jan 13, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #41,678 of 63,212
Seeking a little advice. I've been wearing the timeless with the UTWS5 for 2 days now and while I love the sound, the timeless is not exactly the most comfortable and my left ear gets really sore based on it's current position. I'm thinking maybe if I can get an MMCX to MMCX adapter it can help extend the length of the IEM lower to my ear to potentially give me a better fit. Does it exist?

Any other advice to make these a more comfortable fit would also be appreciated!
There might be something out there. Check Aliexpress or Amazon. I got an MMCX to 2 Pin off Amazon easily. One of the reasons I returned the Timeless was due to fit, so I feel ya.

Jan 13, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #41,679 of 63,212
I am all. Over the IFi Go Blu and I pair it with my TRI I3 Pro's.... Also I love the Fiio fh3 with the IFi Go Blu or the Qudelix. I have a single ended 7n Pure copper cable on it and it just sounds so amazing to me. I used to use spc (silver plated copper) on the FH3 and I liked it but throw that pure copper on it and wow... So nice. With this set up I would take it over sets $300 more. I have been listening alot over those gears. Or a few times last week I sat down to test out the Fiio/Jade Audio Ka3 dongle dac.... What a beast... So nice. Trying to put a review together comparing it to the Shanling Ua2. Anyways, I can't seem to put down the IFi Go Blu. Such a robust and full sound all the way around... Just very nice. At work I primarily listen to the Fiio Utws5 and the kz az09 Pro attached to different iems...i don't have a top tier tws so I just haven't been going that route though I would love to, so, I ended up purchasing again the Grado GT220 just because it sounded so amazing to me. No features just sound.
Thanks, first I've heard of the ifi go blue, and glowing review of the fh3. That tempts me in the direction of the eclipse. I might just work my way through the crin collabs, which would be an excuse for me to get the dusk. But I also think it might be hard to beat the btr5 + timeless, even though it's not totally the sound I'm after, so I might just wait and get the monarch mk2.

Whenever my arias get here will affect what direction I go. I'm still liking my galaxy pros for tws when I'm out.

Jan 14, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #41,680 of 63,212
There might be something out there. Check Aliexpress or Amazon. I got an MMCX to 2 Pin off Amazon easily. One of the reasons I returned the Timeless was due to fit, so I feel ya.
I am seriously considering trying out the OH500s lol

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #41,681 of 63,212
I am seriously considering trying out the OH500s lol
If you can get a cheap adapter, try those Thieaudio Legacy 5 instead. I’d say they’re better and almost half the price. Insane!

Jan 14, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #41,682 of 63,212
Just received the Tecnics EAH-AZ60 :) Initial impressions are really really good!

* SQ seems above average (bit too early to tell I guess)
* ANC also seems above average (and doesn't seem to affect the sound)
* Fit is pretty good
*Case is tiny
*Ambient mode works bloody perfect, customizable control. music pauses and music resumes when you turn off ambient
*Great app with many functions/settings

The stock tips very also pretty good, even tho I'm likely to experiment a bit with my own collection of ear tips.

No product is perfect, in the AZ60's case I would have liked a tiny bit higher volume in the max setting and wireless charging for the case.

The closest comparison I can make with the AZ60 is the Sony XM4, I briefly owned them earlier last year, but I had to return them because I didn't quite like the fit. The AZ60 footprint is a bit smaller than the Sony's :)

The Technicas really nailed the fundamentals of a TWS in my opinion, a tiny case with great implementations of controls, ambient mode, ANC etc. Convenience is the key of a TWS. If the absolute best SQ is the highest prioirty then there's plenty of IEMs that you can pair with an adapter, but the case/adapters will always be more bulkier and lacking many functions of a TWS.

We're getting closer and closer to the "end-game" TWS, but not quite yet, the AZ60 are a great step. The AZ60 will defintly satisify me until there's more high end options with APTX lossless :)

Attachments

• 271534167_1094781451358355_2487400262895684333_n.jpg
    271534167_1094781451358355_2487400262895684333_n.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #41,683 of 63,212
Thanks, first I've heard of the ifi go blue, and glowing review of the fh3. That tempts me in the direction of the eclipse. I might just work my way through the crin collabs, which would be an excuse for me to get the dusk. But I also think it might be hard to beat the btr5 + timeless, even though it's not totally the sound I'm after, so I might just wait and get the monarch mk2.

Whenever my arias get here will affect what direction I go. I'm still liking my galaxy pros for tws when I'm out.
It is all a very good problem to have. Timeless is a tough one to beat because the sound sig just has that planar effect.

Jan 14, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #41,685 of 63,212
Oh, and I also really like that the stock tips for the AZ60s got a wax/debris protection! Maybe I'll just stick to the stock tips this time :)
I like them as well. I kept a pair from the AZ60's I sent back.... I know horrible. I like the tackiness of them, they seal well. I did cut out the little protecter over the nozzle and took out the foam but ya, they are nice tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back