Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 13, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #41,656 of 62,767
Just a local store.
Unfortunately there aren’t any stores in my country that has any sort of generous return policies where you can use the earbuds and then return them. If the seal has been broken, you’re keeping them, and that is that. :frowning2:

Edit: the only one that does is Amazon, but they only sell the AZ70’s in my country (for the same price as the AZ60’s, I should add!)
Gotcha. I can understand your dilemma for sure.

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #41,657 of 62,767
FIIO claims 40% more power at 16 ohms. I just ordered the Shuoer (is that Chinese Shure?) s12, yet another planar IEM, that apparently needs more juice than the Timeless. At this point I don't even own a USB DAC/Amp, let alone wireless, so I figured I'll just jump to the UTSW5. I would prefer the TW2 but I think it might be underpowered.
I don’t think the TW2 are underpowered by any means. I’m at 50% volume when listening to them paired to the SE215

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #41,660 of 62,767
I'm sure they are more than fine. I wish I could try them truthfully. I know shure prob did a great job with those adapters, they don't make many mistakes.
That Amazon gc in your pocket means you CAN try them :wink: I actually feel like they're underpowered in comparison to the Fiio. I'm going to change the setting on them from SE846 to one of the others to see if I can get more power into the SE846. Was using mine today and after a week of Fiio insanity with the Variations, it's so hard to go to the TW2s. You know?

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #41,661 of 62,767
That Amazon gc in your pocket means you CAN try them :wink: I actually feel like they're underpowered in comparison to the Fiio. I'm going to change the setting on them from SE846 to one of the others to see if I can get more power into the SE846. Was using mine today and after a week of Fiio insanity with the Variations, it's so hard to go to the TW2s. You know?
Okay yeah, switched to the SE425 setting and get more power for sure.

Jan 13, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #41,662 of 62,767
Okay yeah, switched to the SE425 setting and get more power for sure.
Granted I'm probably killing my hearing. But with the different setting, the Bass filter and a tweaked Treble Boost preset EQ, they are rockin'.

Jan 13, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #41,663 of 62,767
SE846 setting definitely results in lower volume. I think there is a warning (probably from their legal department) in the app somewhere along the lines of not selecting the right one may cause hearing damage so don't say we didn't tell you, etc.

Jan 13, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #41,664 of 62,767
SE846 setting definitely results in lower volume. I think there is a warning (probably from their legal department) in the app somewhere along the lines of not selecting the right one may cause hearing damage so don't say we didn't tell you, etc.
Oh yes, there is. Def a US thing. Probably why Fiio (China) can get away with it :wink: I usually boost the db to get more on the TW2, but switching to the SE425 setting with no db increase seems to really help. I didn't want to add too much EQ after installing that Bass filter. Fun times!

Jan 13, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #41,665 of 62,767
I don’t think the TW2 are underpowered by any means. I’m at 50% volume when listening to them paired to the SE215
I'm sure they are more than fine. I wish I could try them truthfully. I know shure prob did a great job with those adapters,
I know man, I would get them but... Dude I have two utws3's a utws5 and a kz az09 pro with a az10 coming soon... I mean... I just can't. It's raining iem adapters over hear bro... Ha. I did pick up the Tanchjim Hana 2021 today... Very excited to try that and I also just got... Again... The Grado Gt 220. I really do enjoy the Grados... Love the sound sig, the details, resolution and the bass to me was really nice. Truthfully I just wanted a damn good set of tws. I'm saving again and in a couple weeks I'm definitely getting the Fokus Pro. That is next. Problem is I am horrible at committing and the 10 year old in me just can't wait... Im going to do it though.... I want the Fokus pro.

Jan 13, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #41,666 of 62,767
Try changing it to the SE215 or the TW2. I tested all of them this week and the power output using the SE846, SE535 are among the lowest.

Jan 13, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #41,667 of 62,767
I'm sure they are more than fine. I wish I could try them truthfully. I know shure prob did a great job with those adapters,

I know man, I would get them but... Dude I have two utws3's a utws5 and a kz az09 pro with a az10 coming soon... I mean... I just can't. It's raining iem adapters over hear bro... Ha. I did pick up the Tanchjim Hana 2021 today... Very excited to try that and I also just got... Again... The Grado Gt 220. I really do enjoy the Grados... Love the sound sig, the details, resolution and the bass to me was really nice. Truthfully I just wanted a damn good set of tws. I'm saving again and in a couple weeks I'm definitely getting the Fokus Pro. That is next. Problem is I am horrible at committing and the 10 year old in me just can't wait... Im going to do it though.... I want the Fokus pro.
HAHAHAHA. This is all great and nice to see I'm not alone. I just got the Thieaudio Legacy 5 and paired them with the UTWS3 adapters. Ugh. And if I truly wirelessly love this setup, I may go higher. It's like some sort of drug. I just want more.

Jan 13, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #41,668 of 62,767
So I just saw this... Phillips is coming out with the "Fidelio T1" I think. They recently unveiled these and supposedly these are dual hybrid drivers, 1 DD & 1 BA. They come with ANC and LDAC and companion app. Appearantly "Fidelio" is Phillips new higher tier Sub-Brand. They look nice, at least they are trying to really compete.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-181148_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-181148_Chrome.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 0
Jan 13, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #41,669 of 62,767
HAHAHAHA. This is all great and nice to see I'm not alone. I just got the Thieaudio Legacy 5 and paired them with the UTWS3 adapters. Ugh. And if I truly wirelessly love this setup, I may go higher. It's like some sort of drug. I just want more.
Ummmmm.... Ya dude.... I can't stop either. BTW the 5 are nice. Some go back and forth between which is better the 5 or the 4. Curious to hear what you think, as you've had time to spend with the 4 lately. Chi-fi or Jap-fi iems are just too good. I promise you man... The Iems you are buying for $200 bucks now would've been $1000 not very long ago. The competition is feirce man. Even budget sets are truly getting too good to pass up. I have loads of budget sets that truly compete sonically. Competition man... Turns out it actually works out in our favor.

Jan 13, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #41,670 of 62,767
Try changing it to the SE215 or the TW2. I tested all of them this week and the power output using the SE846, SE535 are among the lowest.
Oh yes, I have, but stupidly never did it on the SE846. I like it better with more power for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back