Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 10, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #41,521 of 63,207
Yep, I saw that afterward the image doesn't load/show. Changed to the user manual which is more info anyhow.
I have to admit, they did a really great job with the Oriveti OH500. Truly loving them on the UTWS5. Pun intended.

Jan 10, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #41,522 of 63,207
Of course Audio46 just lowered the price on these to $149. Trying to get price adjusted by them!
BOOM! They refunded wicked fast. Safe to say, I'll be shopping there again.

Jan 10, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #41,523 of 63,207
^Got that Z5 up there finally. :)

BOOM! They refunded wicked fast. Safe to say, I'll be shopping there again.

About the ZE3000, any burn-in improvement or tip rolling revelation on them?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #41,524 of 63,207
Got that Z5 up there finally. :)

About the ZE3000, any burn-in improvement or tip rolling revelation on them?
Honestly, they are kind of boring. Every now and then the fit digs into my ear because of the sharp edges. They do sound very good, but I'm not in love with the bass response for the music I listen to. I actually prefer the Marshall buds in this price range. Final is supposed to release an app but it is nowhere to be found in English right now. You can't download the Japanese version of the app here in the US. They advertise the app on the back of the box! Really bothers me when these companies put out stuff that is half baked. Oh well!

Jan 10, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #41,525 of 63,207
Honestly, they are kind of boring. Every now and then the fit digs into my ear because of the sharp edges. They do sound very good, but I'm not in love with the bass response for the music I listen to. I actually prefer the Marshall buds in this price range. Final is supposed to release an app but it is nowhere to be found in English right now. You can't download the Japanese version of the app here in the US. They advertise the app on the back of the box! Really bothers me when these companies put out stuff that is half baked. Oh well!

Yep only two things it can do well really, sound and fit/comfort. One is very good but not special and the other they missed on. They should learn and improve I would think.

Jan 10, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #41,526 of 63,207
My Galaxy note 20 ultra has it on 11.
When connected to the Technics , in Bluetooth settings go to the connection and three is an LDAC toggle.
I think developer mode just lets you manually choose a higher quality setting whereas the stock setting is best effort adaptive.

Great. Have you tried them in the higher setting in developer's mode and see if they stick and if they play without distorting as well? Maybe you can update us if the latter is true once/ if you upgrade to Android 12..

Jan 10, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #41,527 of 63,207
Great. Have you tried them in the higher setting in developer's mode and see if they stick and if they play without distorting as well? Maybe you can update us if the latter is true once/ if you upgrade to Android 12..
Setting doesn't stick. I can go to the 660 setting without stutter.
990 setting is hit and miss and requires location and wifi off and screen closed or stutters. Well just stick with 660 or best effort of lazy.

Jan 10, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #41,528 of 63,207
So just a follow up on my recent purchase of the KZ Az09 Pro. For the money they aren't bad. Let me first state that even with high gain mode activated these have about half the power of the Utws3 and much less than the utws5. With that being said they can drive sensitive iems to full fidelity. I am pairing the Blon Bl03 with them and the fit is wonderful as they aren't trying to house a big dac/amp combo like the utws5 and they very snuggly sit around my ear... Very comfortable. The case is slightly smaller than the utws3/5. Honestly these have a decent sound guys, they really do. They lean warmer in presentation but not so much that using warmer iems would be a detriment... Not at all. They have ample low end and are petty balanced across the lows both sub and mid bass. The midrange is just fine and seems to let the iem dictate the presentation. The inbuilt dac in the chipset is actually not at all bad which.... My dudes... I promise I was fully ready to crap all over these. Just remember you need sensitive iems for full dynamic integrity. The Blon Bl03 is the least sensitive I will go with these as they are forcing me to turn them up to 80/100. But... A huge but... Even though I am turning them up to this level they are reaching every part of the spectrum nicely. Please understand this is nothing like what you will hear with the Utws3/5. They are just freaking better. But, with the excellent fit and how they can drive good sensitive iems to their max.... Id say these are damn nice. They sound nice, no irregularities or weird graininess, no particles floating around or middiness... They are nice.

Jan 10, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #41,529 of 63,207
So just a follow up on my recent purchase of the KZ Az09 Pro. For the money they aren't bad. Let me first state that even with high gain mode activated these have about half the power of the Utws3 and much less than the utws5. With that being said they can drive sensitive iems to full fidelity. I am pairing the Blon Bl03 with them and the fit is wonderful as they aren't trying to house a big dac/amp combo like the utws5 and they very snuggly sit around my ear... Very comfortable. The case is slightly smaller than the utws3/5. Honestly these have a decent sound guys, they really do. They lean warmer in presentation but not so much that using warmer iems would be a detriment... Not at all. They have ample low end and are petty balanced across the lows both sub and mid bass. The midrange is just fine and seems to let the iem dictate the presentation. The inbuilt dac in the chipset is actually not at all bad which.... My dudes... I promise I was fully ready to crap all over these. Just remember you need sensitive iems for full dynamic integrity. The Blon Bl03 is the least sensitive I will go with these as they are forcing me to turn them up to 80/100. But... A huge but... Even though I am turning them up to this level they are reaching every part of the spectrum nicely. Please understand this is nothing like what you will hear with the Utws3/5. They are just freaking better. But, with the excellent fit and how they can drive good sensitive iems to their max.... Id say these are damn nice. They sound nice, no irregularities or weird graininess, no particles floating around or middiness... They are nice.
For the price might be worth a go, especially if I can't find a deal on the TW2 anywhere for my Solaris. But I too enjoy my Bl03 (I mean, who wouldn't enjoy the Oppoty?!), and the 2-pin on the KZ *might* also work with the Etys, although they've got a weird length issue iirc, so it might be worth having something 2pin in addition to the MMCX on the TW2...

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #41,530 of 63,207
For the price might be worth a go, especially if I can't find a deal on the TW2 anywhere for my Solaris. But I too enjoy my Bl03 (I mean, who wouldn't enjoy the Oppoty?!), and the 2-pin on the KZ *might* also work with the Etys, although they've got a weird length issue iirc, so it might be worth having something 2pin in addition to the MMCX on the TW2...
Ya for the price they are nice, though for a lil bit more the Utws3 is much better sonically imo. Ehh, I shouldn't say much better but louder and slightly more polished. Anything, at most 32 ohms and a higher sensitivity I think are fine with the Az09 Pro. BTW I think the performance mode is not a high gain mode but a lower latency mode.... I think. I really do like the size of the adapters themselves. So I took off the Blons and went I stead with a much better Hidizs MS2 and this pairing seems to shine man. The colder nature and more detailed nature of the MS2 seems to be a sweet spot. I put on the KZ Zex, ZAS, edx Pro, DQ6, Tfz No3, fiio fd1, and none sounded nearly as good as the MS2. The Zex was a no go... As these seem to highlight the issues with the Zex. The Blon bl03 and blon mini sounded nice as well. I would not compare these to anything like the Shure TW2 or the Utws3 & 5 as you will be very much disappointed as these just don't have the driving power to bring everything to full dynamics

Jan 10, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #41,531 of 63,207
Spent part of the late afternoon messing with the Audio-Techinica ATH-CKS50TW here. I know I've mentioned it before, but for $150, they are just a great value. You have to get them from Amazon Japan right now, but wow. They are the Solid Bass buds, but I EQ that bass down. You don't need so much. I actually really like the audio. It's warm, not clinical, but def not offensive. The ANC knocks out all the hums, fans and traffic noise nearby. Can barely hear the tv too in the other room. Esp. with a good seal. Little features like Quick Hear-Through are great. Basically, you hold assign it to one or both bud. Works sort of like the Sony XM4 quick ambient mode. In this case, you hold the button and it lowers the music volume way down and leaves ambient mode on. Hold the button again and the music goes back to the original volume. Also, you can change the volume increments which is pretty cool. No more volume jumping that is too loud or too soft. I think these buds are flying under the radar and hope that others at least take a look.

Worst part of the above is that my Fiio UTWS5s kept connecting while charging in the case. ANNOYING that it's still happening.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #41,532 of 63,207
Spent part of the late afternoon messing with the Audio-Techinica ATH-CKS50TW here. I know I've mentioned it before, but for $150, they are just a great value. You have to get them from Amazon Japan right now, but wow. They are the Solid Bass buds, but I EQ that bass down. You don't need so much. I actually really like the audio. It's warm, not clinical, but def not offensive. The ANC knocks out all the hums, fans and traffic noise nearby. Can barely hear the tv too in the other room. Esp. with a good seal. Little features like Quick Hear-Through are great. Basically, you hold assign it to one or both bud. Works sort of like the Sony XM4 quick ambient mode. In this case, you hold the button and it lowers the music volume way down and leaves ambient mode on. Hold the button again and the music goes back to the original volume. Also, you can change the volume increments which is pretty cool. No more volume jumping that is too loud or too soft. I think these buds are flying under the radar and hope that others at least take a look.

Worst part of the above is that my Fiio UTWS5s kept connecting while charging in the case. ANNOYING that it's still happening.
I really would love these to be available here in the States man. I believe you when you talk about them as you have gone through so many of the supposed "great" sets, you've Def earned it there man. I would love to check them out. Anyways, man that sucks so bad about your utws5. It's as though you'd have to go thru holding each adapter for 5 seconds when putting them away and 3 seconds to turn on when you want to listen... It just sucks. I am very thankful I have had none of these sucky issues as these adapters just absolutely rock man. Whatever I pair them with that internal dac/amp is so good. I'm sorry man, maybe they'll get it right in a firmware update or something, you aren't the only one with the issue, although on the other hand there have been many who have not had issues. However in this game you can't have QC or software issues, esp over $100. Sucks

Jan 10, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #41,533 of 63,207
I really would love these to be available here in the States man. I believe you when you talk about them as you have gone through so many of the supposed "great" sets, you've Def earned it there man. I would love to check them out. Anyways, man that sucks so bad about your utws5. It's as though you'd have to go thru holding each adapter for 5 seconds when putting them away and 3 seconds to turn on when you want to listen... It just sucks. I am very thankful I have had none of these sucky issues as these adapters just absolutely rock man. Whatever I pair them with that internal dac/amp is so good. I'm sorry man, maybe they'll get it right in a firmware update or something, you aren't the only one with the issue, although on the other hand there have been many who have not had issues. However in this game you can't have QC or software issues, esp over $100. Sucks
Thanks man :) Funny you say that, sometimes the holding each adapter to shut down doesn't even work. That said, they really do pump out some great power. I've been using them again for days with those Oriveti and the Variations. Can't get enough, I'm still hungry. Yep, I did just quote Kip Winger. You're welcome. I have the KZs coming and plan to cut off the tips for my 2 Pin, also, I ordered those BT30s to try and HiFiGo still hasn't shipped since I ordered last Thursday. They claim this week. Maybe I should take a shot at the UTWS3? Any annoyances there or -- ?

I've had zero issues with Amazon Japan, so... Oh, right, you have all that Amazon dough!

Jan 10, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #41,534 of 63,207
Thanks man :) Funny you say that, sometimes the holding each adapter to shut down doesn't even work. That said, they really do pump out some great power. I've been using them again for days with those Oriveti and the Variations. Can't get enough, I'm still hungry. Yep, I did just quote Kip Winger. You're welcome. I have the KZs coming and plan to cut off the tips for my 2 Pin, also, I ordered those BT30s to try and HiFiGo still hasn't shipped since I ordered last Thursday. They claim this week. Maybe I should take a shot at the UTWS3? Any annoyances there or -- ?

I've had zero issues with Amazon Japan, so... Oh, right, you have all that Amazon dough!
Dude I don't want to even attempt to tell you hat you'd have no issue with the Utws3. Lol. I did have one solo issue with connecting on one of my 3's and I alcohol cleaned the adapter terminals and the case terminal, I unpaired them from my phone and I reset them, I think I did that 2 or 3 times because I wasn't sure if it reset. Anyways I've had it for about 7 months maybe without a repeat offense. Honestly when I listen a/b with the 3 and 5.....i can't really tell a huge difference sonically between them other than a bit more dynamics on the 5 in a more balanced approach and just a bit more power, not much more. About the kz az09 pro, they are nice but you'll hear the difference if you are judging them against beasts like the utws5, they are not the same animal but they are nicely comfortable and tidy, if that makes sense. I also cut the two pin adapter back and it was easy, soft rubber, it does take some back and forth with an exacto knife and some good pushing so be careful... Obviously.

Jan 10, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #41,535 of 63,207

How about Zoom/Teams? Any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back