Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 7, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #41,222 of 63,208
Which bud do you set the TW2 to in order to get more power? Safe assumption that more drivers means more power so pick 846?
Oddly enough, I have them in now and set the power to the SE215 for my Moondrop Variations. The SE846 setting put out less power.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #41,224 of 63,208
So exited. Is Fw1000t better than B&O EQ ???
Most here haven't tried the new JVCs yet, only one has tried the Victor Japan variations which may be tuned different. I did see the JVCs are 8% off at Amazon US today.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #41,225 of 63,208
I see! I was looking at the KZ AZ09 and that seems incredibly cheap in comparison to the Shure TW2 ones, even though I bet they're different in many ways. It's almost 1/10 of the price here where i'm at. Okay i'm exaggerating but $35 vs $200 pretty much.
Get the pro. The original AZ09 is known to have connection drop outs issue. The pro is better in every aspects.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #41,226 of 63,208
That said, the Fiio adapters "should" turn off when I put them in the case. Sadly, they keep waking up. I shouldn't have to power them off manually each time. I'm unpacking them now and will do a few tests all morning. Wish me luck!
Since the UTWS5 now available on Amazon (prime shipping too), should be an easy return if something like yours happen. Luckily both mine has been problems free so far.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #41,227 of 63,208
Since the UTWS5 now available on Amazon (prime shipping too), should be an easy return if something like yours happen. Luckily both mine has been problems free so far.
You know I know it! Sadly, OOS for days, maybe over a week now. "Currently Unavailable." Yay!

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #41,228 of 63,208
I have the same curiosity and have ordered some to try out. I'm sure others will chime in, but I think the Sure215 TW2 combo is pretty good in the price category. Here in the US it basically boils down to getting the TW2 adapter and a set of single driver iems (215), with the iems landing around 40$ in that package. @Tommy C is using them now and might provide is thoughts on SQ etc.
@Juturna I truly enjoy the TW2 with the SE215 Special Edition as they sound really nice and as good as wired, however they are not the cheapest. Personally I'm not a big believer in random Chi-Fi stuff as it's such a hit and miss and I use my TWS a lot for work and pleasure.
Maybe Fiio then? But even then I see some report issues with their adapters so it's a tough call.
With the Shure TW2 you get a quality, reliable products. I haven't had a single issue with it but mind you, I'm a bit biased because it costs less in Canada.
I paid around $170 USD and IMO they sound better than other TWS in that price bracket.
The fit is also very slick, secure and comfortable. They have buttons and I prefer those over touch controls.
I hope this helps.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #41,229 of 63,208
Jan 7, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #41,230 of 63,208
@Juturna I truly enjoy the TW2 with the SE215 Special Edition as they sound really nice and as good as wired, however they are not the cheapest. Personally I'm not a big believer in random Chi-Fi stuff as it's such a hit and miss and I use my TWS a lot for work and pleasure.
Maybe Fiio then? But even then I see some report issues with their adapters so it's a tough call.
With the Shure TW2 you get a quality, reliable products. I haven't had a single issue with it but mind you, I'm a bit biased because it costs less in Canada.
I paid around $170 USD and IMO they sound better than other TWS in that price bracket.
The fit is also very slick, secure and comfortable. They have buttons and I prefer those over touch controls.
I hope this helps.
Totally agree with you here. The Shure TW2 Second Gen is just most most refined adapter out there yet. Granted, it'll work best with Shure buds, but as everyone can read, I've been experimenting.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #41,231 of 63,208
I love my B&O H9 3rd Gen for putzing around the house. The APP's are really good for Apple Music Spatial and for watching movies on the MacBook or phone. They're both good for music listening and I can run my B&O's wired through a desktop DAC and AMP. Still hard to give up on my wired sets for sheets and giggles. I really wanted to love the AirPods Max but they just weren't loud enough and didn't sound as good as my H9's. I'm probably one of three people in the world who felt this way. LOL. I have enjoyed this thread and appreciate all the work you all do to keep spending to push the wireless issue forward.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #41,232 of 63,208
I hope this helps.
I don't think the adapter pics do them much justice either. They are smaller than I anticipated (the Aonic-5s just got here). Overwhelming amount of stuff they send with the bundle :D

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #41,233 of 63,208
I don't think the adapter pics do them much justice either. They are smaller than I anticipated (the Aonic-5s just got here). Overwhelming amount of stuff they send with the bundle :D
Buckle up! Yeah they put a lot of tip options in there too. The TW2s are tiny. I mean, the Fiio are too. Happy Friday for YOU!

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #41,235 of 63,208

Users who are viewing this thread

Back