Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 7, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #41,236 of 63,208
Oddly enough, I have them in now and set the power to the SE215 for my Moondrop Variations. The SE846 setting put out less power.
That's not so odd I don't think, the 215s are like 17ohms and the 846 I think are 9? It's all about impedance. In theory you'd pick the Shure buds with the highest impedance to force the most power to the buds. I want to say Solaris is like 7-10? So I should have some good options for power if I try to combo.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #41,237 of 63,208
That's not so odd I don't think, the 215s are like 17ohms and the 846 I think are 9? It's all about impedance. In theory you'd pick the Shure buds with the highest impedance to force the most power to the buds. I want to say Solaris is like 7-10? So I should have some good options for power if I try to combo.
I figured that, yeah. Just make sure the angle of the Solaris is similar to a Shure bud. The Variations have to force the TW2 adapter in a different position. Some folks may resist the hassle.

Attachments

• 053EDDBC-F472-4AAE-9FE6-1986B9C706D1.jpeg
    053EDDBC-F472-4AAE-9FE6-1986B9C706D1.jpeg
    293.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 7DDDC1E4-3938-440D-AFCE-9D3ADD20E713.jpeg
    7DDDC1E4-3938-440D-AFCE-9D3ADD20E713.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 7, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #41,238 of 63,208
I figured that, yeah. Just make sure the angle of the Solaris is similar to a Shure bud. The Variations have to force the TW2 adapter in a different position. Some folks may resist the hassle.
Hrrrrrrrrrrrm. This does complicate things. Thankfully Amazon returns are easy. But MAN there are so many factors...why can't someone just make a bud with Fokus SQ and ambient?!!?!

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #41,240 of 63,208
Yes, yes it does complicate things…as I shop IEMs
If you're just shopping for IEMs and don't care about wireless I love my Etymotics, and didn't find anything more expensive that made me want to stop listening to them until I found Solaris, but that's a big gulf in price, even now and even with B-stock sales...

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #41,241 of 63,208
If you're just shopping for IEMs and don't care about wireless I love my Etymotics, and didn't find anything more expensive that made me want to stop listening to them until I found Solaris, but that's a big gulf in price, even now and even with B-stock sales...
I’m looking to pair with the TW2, potential to swap out the 535s. Thanks to @Tommy C I’m currently sitting with the Campfire Audio Onyx (hybrid 1 DD, 1 BA) in my cart…with an itchy trigger finger on the buy button.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #41,242 of 63,208
I’m looking to pair with the TW2, potential to swap out the 535s. Thanks to @Tommy C I’m currently sitting with the Campfire Audio Onyx (hybrid 1 DD, 1 BA) in my cart…with an itchy trigger finger on the buy button.
I can't help you there (well, I can help you BUY THEM, but I can't help you pull back that itchy finger). I love the CA signature. I tried the Andro and liked it but wasn't blown away...Solaris totally blew me away though. It still does every time I get them out.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #41,243 of 63,208
I can't help you there (well, I can help you BUY THEM, but I can't help you pull back that itchy finger). I love the CA signature. I tried the Andro and liked it but wasn't blown away...Solaris totally blew me away though. It still does every time I get them out.
Fair enough. Maybe I can pull back from the edge when @BooleanBones gets back to group with tales of the Aonic 5 (i.e., 535) and how they are the best sounding phones he’s ever heard; it will put it all in perspective for me . 😂

They’re on backorder anyway so might as well order them, right? Right?!

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #41,244 of 63,208
Fair enough. Maybe I can pull back from the edge when @BooleanBones gets back to group with tales of the Aonic 5 (i.e., 535) and how they are the best sounding phones he’s ever heard; it will put it all in perspective for me . 😂

See backorder would make them a pass for me. I need instant gratification over here.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #41,245 of 63,208
Truly loved my Etys. Used to use them for years. They were my go-to.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #41,246 of 63,208

If he doesn't like them (I wish he sprung for the SE846) I'll buy a round.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #41,247 of 63,208

The Aonic 5s are supposedly just a little different sonically according to the "marketing", but not sure how much or if at all. They come with the filters from the 846, so going to mess with that later. Out of the box acoustics on them is pretty nice and the comfort/size I really like. The wire with them kind of sucks :D

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #41,248 of 63,208
The Aonic 5s are supposedly just a little different sonically according to the "marketing", but not sure how much or if at all. They come with the filters from the 846, so going to mess with that later. Out of the box acoustics on them is pretty nice and the comfort/size I really like. The wire with them kind of sucks :D
This isn't a wire thread, Boo. C'maaaaaaahn.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #41,250 of 63,208
Just got my timeless. It's interesting. Def more on par with my shure srh840s. I might stop here. Someone was asking about tws buds earlier. The pros are great. It gets so close to this imo, and arguably could be better for a more fun sound. Plus with the price at 130 on amazon it's incredible.

First thing that oddly sticks out to me with the timeless is the bass. Really, really surprised by it. It has way more bass than I was expecting, not good or bad. Technically, these are great. Better than my shure over the ears. I think I'd like a more fun sound sig though, maybe v shaped, idk. I basically just want my 840s in iems, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back