Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 14, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #37,441 of 62,472
I wasn't a huge fan of the fabric, didn't feel smooth to the touch and it got dirty (it looked premium tho), but I do agree with you on the shape, I much prefer the "pill" shape like the Airpods or these new CX plus over the "oval shape".
On a similar note, anyone with recent experience with the Senheiser CX 400BT? Is it a worthy budget option? Thanks

Sep 14, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #37,442 of 62,472
On a similar note, anyone with recent experience with the Senheiser CX 400BT? Is it a worthy budget option? Thanks
I think they sounded good for the price I paid which was about what they're going for now (definitely not worth whatever the original price was £180 or something silly). BUT I have absolutely no idea why Sennheiser think a giant chunky square is a good shape for an IEM, the fit on them was just rubbish for me.

Sep 14, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #37,443 of 62,472
I think they sounded good for the price I paid which was about what they're going for now (definitely not worth whatever the original price was £180 or something silly). BUT I have absolutely no idea why Sennheiser think a giant chunky square is a good shape for an IEM, the fit on them was just rubbish for me.
Thanks a lot, that was my concern. They are very reasonably priced at $90US but fit was where I had worries.

Sep 14, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #37,444 of 62,472
Totally agree on the Geminis. Definitely the best SQ I've had after purchasing 10 different pair. I'd say the Bose are my 2nd favorite.
I’ll add the the Gemini love. Great sound and ANC, and I like the fit. Note to you and your daughter, almost obnoxiously large case. Hasn’t stopped me from making them my go-to earphones, just a solid disclaimer

Sep 14, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #37,448 of 62,472
Any recommendation of TWS sub 100$, with ambient mode?

I really like the Fiil T1XS. The ambient mode isn't bad at all for my needs and the sound is great and they cost only $30-$50 depends if you can order from Amazon when they have the coupon available.
They are not your typical Chi-Fi brand as they have full app support which is fairly basic but nice.
The sound is more balanced than your usual tuning in this segment. Strong mids with capable bass and smooth highs.
They are tiny and disappear in my ears but YMMV and the case is tiny too.
For me, they seal so well it's better than ANC which I wasn't expecting at all.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #37,449 of 62,472
Any recommendation of TWS sub 100$, with ambient mode?
I can only speak for the buds I have with ambient and those are the Creative Outlier Air v3. They have active noise cancellation too which is nothing special but the ambient mode works well.

Sep 14, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #37,450 of 62,472
I really like the Fiil T1XS. The ambient mode isn't bad at all for my needs and the sound is great and they cost only $30-$50 depends if you can order from Amazon when they have the coupon available.
They are not your typical Chi-Fi brand as they have full app support which is fairly basic but nice.
The sound is more balanced than your usual tuning in this segment. Strong mids with capable bass and smooth highs.
They are tiny and disappear in my ears but YMMV and the case is tiny too.
For me, they seal so well it's better than ANC which I wasn't expecting at all.
I agree with these points and in fact, if I had a criticism of these buds it’s that the seal is almost too good. They create almost a vacuum in my ear canal that can be a little discomforting. That said, they do sound better than their price point would suggest. Worth trying out

Sep 14, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #37,451 of 62,472
FedEx dropped these off this morning, it has probably been about 20 hours since I ordered them from Shure last night. Put my SE846 on them and charging them up so I can take them with me when I head out to the city in a few hours. Perfect day to test them.

They were much heavier than I was expecting and feels heavier than my current portable SE846 setup, which includes my Dragonfly Cobalt and adapters in the case. That is fine as this will be my office setup anyway. Actually makes me kind of excited about taking the train in today.

Attachments

• 20210914_103051_HDR.jpg
    20210914_103051_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210914_103239_HDR.jpg
    20210914_103239_HDR.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210914_103910_HDR.jpg
    20210914_103910_HDR.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
Sep 14, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #37,452 of 62,472
FedEx dropped these off this morning, it has probably been about 20 hours since I ordered them from Shure last night. Put my SE846 on them and charging them up so I can take them with me when I head out to the city in a few hours. Perfect day to test them.

They were much heavier than I was expecting and feels heavier than my current portable SE846 setup, which includes my Dragonfly Cobalt and adapters in the case. That is fine as this will be my office setup anyway. Actually makes me kind of excited about taking the train in today.
Danggit…my 535s would probably love to take a walk in those

Sep 14, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #37,453 of 62,472

City test! Can’t wait to hear. Been using mine for the last two days. Just awesome.

Sep 14, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #37,454 of 62,472
I agree with these points and in fact, if I had a criticism of these buds it’s that the seal is almost too good. They create almost a vacuum in my ear canal that can be a little discomforting. That said, they do sound better than their price point would suggest. Worth trying out

Agreed. Personally, the tight seal works well for me when I'm on phone calls and need to focus but you are absolutely correct, it can get too much after a while which I was able to resolve with some longer tips that I had available and they sound great with them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back