Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 13, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #37,411 of 62,419
Thanks for posting and for being the guinea pig. I think there is a TW2 in my future and a stop at B&H the next time I am in the city. Only question is which IEMs do I use them with (425, 535, second set of 846? Where is the Aonic 8??). I may end up just putting the 425s on them since they were always my work IEMs.

I really like the SE846 with the ADI-2 DAC FS and Dragonfly Cobalt so have always stuck to wired for those. I have also been stopping myself from ordering a second set and trying to wait for a successor (if there ever is one). That is how much I enjoy them for all the reasons you noted. They have plenty of bass for me and sound very natural to me. I get that they are not everyone's cup of tea but I am very treble sensitive and find these to sound very natural to my ears. The SE846 is very sensitive and picky so you need an amp with a very low output impedance. Glad to hear they work well with the TW2.
I'd be interested in trying these adapters with my JH Lola... They sound pretty incredible already with the UTSW3

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #37,412 of 62,419
Hola folks,

I've been on headfi a while but completely clueless when it comes to these wireless earbuds lol.
Hopefully you can help me. Looking to get my daughter a pair and just had a bad experience with the Sennheiser tws 1. Bought them used and no sound coming from the right ear bud.
Tried all the remedies I found on Google and still no sound.

What I'm looking for is of course great sound quality and reliability. Doesn't matter what brand it is. You know better than me lol.

Cheers!

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #37,419 of 62,419
Less than $300
I would say the Geminis might be the consensus right at 300$ I have not listened to the Nura Trues, but they have been a hot topic lately. I am partial to my Sony XM4s for all arounders. Klipsch T5s with ANC are right there too, but they can be tricky fitting for some and you have to use their tips. Others will chime in here I’m sure, but I don’t have a ton of exposure in the sub 200$ category.

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #37,420 of 62,419
I would say the Geminis might be the consensus right at 300$ I have not listened to the Nura Trues, but they have been a hot topic lately. I am partial to my Sony XM4s for all arounders. Klipsch T5s with ANC are right there too, but they can be tricky fitting for some and you have to use their tips. Others will chime in here I’m sure, but I don’t have a ton of exposure in the sub 200$ category.
Totally agree on the Geminis. Definitely the best SQ I've had after purchasing 10 different pair. I'd say the Bose are my 2nd favorite.

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #37,424 of 62,419
My first pair of EQs had a strange pop sound on certain tracks but only in the left bud. I returned them and got a new set Friday. No issues so far. I truly do love them.

The Shures sound great with the included SE215s but now you can EQ them which makes them sound even better. That said, I ordered the SE846 which have 4 drivers. They should be here today and I'll post some observations. I had the last gen Fiio adapter and the Shure app really makes a difference. I don't know if many IEMs will fit the Shure adapters like they do the UTSW3s and the like. Hit or miss.
Hey Erock, I’m looking on Amazon at the B&O EQ and noticed that their PI7 is the same price and looks pretty sweet

Are the EQs better?

… man am I a dumb@$$. Completely different brand haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back