Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 13, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #37,382 of 62,574
Has anyone noticed a change in SQ for the MW08 after the firmware update? I'm not sure if I'm getting used to them or what but the bass seems less pronounced. They sound more balanced and the mid-bass bleed isn't noticeable. They somewhat suddenly sound very good to my ears. I am back to stock tips which seem to fit me best.
They always sounded very good to me. I absolutely love their sound profile. Not sure about the update, though. I only know that they're way bass heavier in Max ANC mode than in All Day ANC or ANC off modes. I never use Max ANC as that's a bit too bass heavy for my taste but in the other modes the sound is so fun and engaging - exactly what I want my TWS to sound like :)

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #37,383 of 62,574
this is between the nuraloop and the nuratrue, right?
interesting, i've been eyeing out for the nuraloops for some time..i might try one out.
one question though, i noticed the nuraloop can be used as wired earphones, does it also have the same sound between wired and wireless mode? also does it need to be turned on in wired mode?
If you're a TWS junkie like most of us, I would pass on the Nuraloop and get the Nuratrue. The Nuraloop uses a proprietary cable to charge and the fit can be temperamental (at least for me). Yes, the sound is great, but the Nuratrue are definitely not that far behind. I've had them both. Pay the extra $50 and get the newer buds. Just my two cents...

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #37,384 of 62,574
If you're a TWS junkie like most of us, I would pass on the Nuraloop and get the Nuratrue. The Nuraloop uses a proprietary cable to charge and the fit can be temperamental (at least for me). Yes, the sound is great, but the Nuratrue are definitely not that far behind. I've had them both. Pay the extra $50 and get the newer buds. Just my two cents...
Does the app have EQ for the Nuratrue? One review on Amazon says there is no equalizer but I find it odd.

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #37,385 of 62,574
Sep 13, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #37,386 of 62,574
They always sounded very good to me. I absolutely love their sound profile. Not sure about the update, though. I only know that they're way bass heavier in Max ANC mode than in All Day ANC or ANC off modes. I never use Max ANC as that's a bit too bass heavy for my taste but in the other modes the sound is so fun and engaging - exactly what I want my TWS to sound like :)
But again, they've ruined the mics... People I talk to complain...

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #37,387 of 62,574
True but it's nothing that cannot be undone rather sooner than later hopefully.

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #37,388 of 62,574
So, we now know what the Senn CX Plus is.
1631553741690.png

Takes the MTW 2 and adds Adaptive and True Wireless mirroring in a smaller size. 8 hours/24 hours total. 10 minutes for 1 hour quick charge. 5.2, IPX4, 6 grams each side. App has Bass boost, Movie and Podcast settings and touch control customization. Ambient and 2 beamform mics on each side. $179 on Sept. 28th for the black and white in October.
1631553918634.png

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #37,389 of 62,574
Stay away for now. No sense in spending $300 + on them until the issue is sorted. I had two diff pair with issues and just got a refund. They also have great customer support, so it was easy. I might revisit later, but for now, other options out there without these issues. Sad but true.

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #37,390 of 62,574
Stay away for now. No sense in spending $300 + on them until the issue is sorted. I had two diff pair with issues and just got a refund. They also have great customer support, so it was easy. I might revisit later, but for now, other options out there without these issues. Sad but true.
I've been using mine for work and no one has complained. Someone send me their number and we can do a test ....

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #37,391 of 62,574
I've been using mine for work and no one has complained. Someone send me their number and we can do a test ....
555-1212. Which model and what firmware version? Maybe your co-workers are nicer than mine?

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #37,394 of 62,574
Received my Shure SE846s and put them on on my Shure Aonic 215 gen 2 adapters. Wow. The SE846s aren't bass heavy in IMO (not supposed to be) but the fit, passive noise isolation, soundstage, instrument separation etc. really really great. Don't get me wrong, they DO have bass. But it's tight, clear and punchy. Even better after a tiny bit of bass EQ. I'll be using these all day, testing on Zoom calls, the usual deal. Definitely the best sounding of my lot (4 drivers), but $$$. I listen to mostly hard rock and metal all day (obsessed with the new Iron Maiden), and I'm a very happy camper. Hearing things in the mixes that these old ears have never heard before. Having zero issues with the Shure gen 2 adapters, whereas I had a ton of issues with the gen 1.

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #37,395 of 62,574

Users who are viewing this thread

Back