Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 19, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #32,102 of 62,776
Maybe you are right :beyersmile: but to be honest I don't know if japanese sound is my way, these just make me feel good when I listen to music with them probably because they awaken some memories. I tend to prefer british signature but leaving out tuning, the freebuds don't sound "almost-hi-fi" as az70s do, to my ears: the bass itself is louder but less tight (eq'd or not), strings are muffled, cymbals are fuzzy etc... It's a small thing because huaweis sound good after all and I could prefer them for practicality.
Nobles were my first choice 3 months ago, but here in Europe are expensive and now that I know of their v-shape I wouldn't risk.
Didn't know of ADV M5, they look sweet but without audio passthrough is a no-go.
I'll probably keep technics waiting for the upcoming sony tws.

You would shiver if I told you how much I turned up and down :sweat_smile: and they are still darker than az70s.
Only thing with the Noble Falcon Pro is they are hybrid drivers and take EQing very well and the app for them has a great EQ with 10 sliders. The Noble app gives you 3 spots to save your EQs. I created 2 different EQs depending on what I’m listening to and the last spot for when I’m working out when I actually want the bass boost.

Apr 19, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #32,103 of 62,776
Maybe you are right :beyersmile: but to be honest I don't know if japanese sound is my way, these just make me feel good when I listen to music with them probably because they awaken some memories. I tend to prefer british signature but leaving out tuning, the freebuds don't sound "almost-hi-fi" as az70s do, to my ears: the bass itself is louder but less tight (eq'd or not), strings are muffled, cymbals are fuzzy etc... It's a small thing because huaweis sound good after all and I could prefer them for practicality.
Nobles were my first choice 3 months ago, but here in Europe are expensive and now that I know of their v-shape I wouldn't risk.
Didn't know of ADV M5, they look sweet but without audio passthrough is a no-go.

You would shiver if I told you how much I turned up and down :sweat_smile: and they are still darker than az70s.
Hah I didn't know about the ADV either until I went on a hunt to see who in the CIEM world was willing to give them a shot. Now Custom Art is getting into the game as well, but I digress.

Keep in mind that in my referring to a V with the Noble, it's relative to the listening volume as well. They're just remarkably detailed, even at low volume, and that something I usually only find in stuff with V-shaped sound signatures. It's not like someone made a smiley face with the 10-band EQ, if you catch my drift (I swear I never did that to my parents...they were checkmarks, thank you). Just based on what you've liked so far, I thought it checked a lot of the boxes. No harm if that's a dealbreaker, though. You do get passthrough, after all :wink:

Apr 19, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #32,104 of 62,776
A question for FiiO UTWS3 users! Does it has sufficient juice to drive Sony XBA-N3's?

Sony's are not demanding but still!
I really wanted the FiiO UTWS3’s that I overpaid for them on eBay, got them, was very disappointed. They are only 25mW at 16ohm and for any hybrid driver iem that’s not enough power. And for many multi driver or larger driver iem’s they really need 50mW minimum and with a dongle dac/amp or dap they are usually using 50-150mW. They are fairly light and comfortable but offer less power then many TWS, Noble, Sennheiser, KEF and Grado are all 50mW. And Hifiman tws800 is 150ohm at 50mW. I found the FiiO can produce a loud enough sound, it’s just a very thin sound. The FiiO doesn’t have enough power to make any of my IEMs sound dynamic with the exception of a friends campfire audio andromeda which is very sensitive and has very low power requirements. Unfortunately the FiiO even fails with those since it creates a hissing sound that doesn’t going away when music is playing. Andromeda are very sensitive and are prone to noise floors easily. I personally wouldn’t waste my money on them unless you have an efficient iem that isn’t sensitive. I’m going to try the fostex next, finally heard back from Fostex and they are 50mW at 32ohms. The Fostex seem to be used by Ultimate Ears for their custom IEMs for a wireless option.

Apr 19, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #32,105 of 62,776

Of course they are darker. They are tuned in the opposite directions. The Technics are more of a bright signature with not enough low end. Freebuds pro have nice warm bottom ( not that kind!) And clear natural mids but the treble is rolled off to early.

Apr 19, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #32,106 of 62,776
My full review here too
yeah that's quite spot-on!

This morning I had started noticing a bit of buzzy hiss on the left bud after a long listening session. It's quite subtle similar to what I experienced on the TaoTronics 94 and might have been linked to the kind of background noise around me. Another issue is that on Windows 10 there is sometimes a channel delay when initiating music, I've experienced this a lot with Qualcomm devices but on Bluetooth speakers it manifests as losing a second of playback at the start. Also, double-tapping the right bud doesn't always play/pause like on the left bud.

Apr 20, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #32,107 of 62,776
So, what else is everyone now waiting for?
i think for me it would be the Sony WF1000XM4 and if all goes well I might get a chance to try the KEF in September ... still curious, though I noticed that all my TWS in main rotation are rather semi open, not IEM. These are my current main babies:
Bose QC buds are tied with Jabra 85t
Then Galaxy buds live and AirPods Pro
And for running Sabbath X12 and the old Bose SSF. I still won’t dare trying the QC buds for running, despite rocking the same ipx4 as the SSF ...

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #32,108 of 62,776
I've been trying freebuds pro this afternoon. Way too much low frequencies and lack of highs. After eqing them in wavelet they sound better but they are so thin, unatural and weaker in clarity compared to AZ70. The only pro is they are much more comfortable to wear, Technics are a pain, even though I tweaked them with azla shorts and some sponge and now they are more glued. Azlas cause irritation to my ears (as well as spinfits) so I tried washing them with soap and cleaning with alcohol, and it got better.
Maybe I should get rid of both and wait for something else :beyersmile:
My eq for Earfun Free Pro. I only use them when working out. Don't judge me. edit: SpinFit CP360

3iSIOk5.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #32,109 of 62,776
i think for me it would be the Sony WF1000XM4 and if all goes well I might get a chance to try the KEF in September ... still curious, though I noticed that all my TWS in main rotation are rather semi open, not IEM. These are my current main babies:
And for running Sabbath X12 and the old Bose SSF. I still won’t dare trying the QC buds for running, despite rocking the same ipx4 as the SSF ...
Honestly? Give me something with the midrange-up of the Technics with approximately the low-end of the Falcon and I'll be all smiles.

Otherwise, still waiting for the Edifier TWS1 Pro and Status Between Pro. I feel like I'm never going to get those Edifiers...

Apr 20, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #32,110 of 62,776
Honestly? Give me something with the midrange-up of the Technics with approximately the low-end of the Falcon and I'll be all smiles.

Otherwise, still waiting for the Edifier TWS1 Pro and Status Between Pro. I feel like I'm never going to get those Edifiers...
I hope for the same from the Status Between Pro. :)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #32,111 of 62,776

JBL Tour Pro + for me is going to be worth a purchase. (Pending reviews)

Apr 20, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #32,112 of 62,776
1618924669594.png

FreeBuds 4i. 10 hour battery(ANC off) and 4 hours with a 10 minute quick charge $100. Touted as bringing high level ANC and good SQ to the $100 mark. Coming next month.

Caipirina said:

And for running Sabbath X12 and the old Bose SSF. I still won’t dare trying the QC buds for running, despite rocking the same ipx4 as theSSF ...
Think, after the N10 Pro and now Plus experience under their belt the Nuarl X77, or whatever the final nam,e will be solid and worth a try.

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #32,114 of 62,776

Users who are viewing this thread

Back