Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 7, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #30,301 of 62,300
I thought about it and the reality is I can't afford early adoption pricing anyway. So even if the XM4 was released tomorrow I won't be looking at buying it until it's prices starts to drop or it goes in sale anyway.

The good news for me is that the XM3 actually fit me pretty decently so why worry...

It like the shoes I bought yesterday. They were on clearance for just about half price. The new model might have slight improvements but at nearly twice the price... I don't think so :wink:
Best not to buy on release. I usually don't due to not only the high cost but also bugs/issues out of the gate. I learned that multiple times with computer hardware over the years to not buy on release. I have tightly held to that rule over the years until I went against that very rule with the MT lol. First 3 weeks until the firmware were absolute hell, and I re-learned that same lesson once again. I probably needed a refresher lol

Mar 7, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #30,302 of 62,300
So with the Melomania I get a good fit with the large fins but I need a bigger tip , one that goes into my ear more.
I am looking for some foam tips as I find these do that. Looked at the Comply website but the Melomania is not listed. Anyone know what number I would get? I have some for my Andros and my ER4XR but none of them fit.
It does not have to be Comply foam tips.....any foam tips will do

Mar 7, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #30,303 of 62,300
I thought about it and the reality is I can't afford early adoption pricing anyway. So even if the XM4 was released tomorrow I won't be looking at buying it until it's prices starts to drop or it goes in sale anyway.

The good news for me is that the XM3 actually fit me pretty decently so why worry...

It like the shoes I bought yesterday. They were on clearance for just about half price. The new model might have slight improvements but at nearly twice the price... I don't think so :wink:
I just picked up the xm3 despite having no interest until recently in tws. Got them on sale for £140.00 in the uk. Same issue as iems for me when it comes to fit. Left ear fits fine, right ear no dice. Medium feels loose whilst large fits but made the ear sore. Actually contemplating getting a set of custom tips done for them, but guessing I would have to take them off to fit in the case each time to charge? Do we know what the nozzle size is for tip rolling?

Mar 7, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #30,304 of 62,300
Hqs anyone actually tried SongX? Can't believe they actually exist after the disastrous Indiegogo flak beliechttps://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08XKF8JZF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_28VQY7PFK7YVSQ1NCC5Y

Mar 7, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #30,305 of 62,300
Can you hold it in your hand and press down on the top lid. Also try to wiggle the lid when closed.

Ears hurting again from the fins. Will try small find tomorrow but these might have to go back.
There is the slightest amount of flex on the case when squeezing. I don't think I'd be concerned about it

Mar 7, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #30,307 of 62,300
I'm just wondering if this is normal or if maybe there is a defect in the hinge
I think it's because you're pushing hard on a piece of plastic, but I wouldn't call that a defect. The Earfun Free Pros creak far worse; almost sounds like a crack when they do. To be honest, I don't keep these compressed in pockets much, so I didn't think anything of it until you asked.

If anything, the issue with bud fit in the case (as far as charging is concerned) has more to do with the pin alignment, which is why several of us have suggested to kinda drop your buds in from ~1 inch or so and let the magnets take care of the rest. The Large fins give you a very, very narrow tolerance for how they'll fit in the case and still charge, so I guess we can chalk that one up to either bad design or a sign they need to tighten tolerances in manufacturing.

Edit: forgot to mention both the TWS1 (non-Pro) and Technics are marked out for delivery today. I probably won't even ask my daughter to demo them for a while. I have an idea what to expect sound-wise and they're more a gift for her anyway. Just hope Ali doesn't take a millennia to ship out the Pro.

Also really digging Neutron player, but man if that UI doesn't manage to remind me of 80s-90s Hi-Fi gear with its unnecessarily complex layout. Sounds fantastic, though. Glad they allow a trial of this; makes it really easy to justify the cost.

Today's gloomy weather tends to help be connect more to stuff like this. Was trying to link the album by Spotify, but the app is being squirrelly today:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #30,308 of 62,300
I think it's because you're pushing hard on a piece of plastic, but I wouldn't call that a defect. The Earfun Free Pros creak far worse; almost sounds like a crack when they do. To be honest, I don't keep these compressed in pockets much, so I didn't think anything of it until you asked.

If anything, the issue with bud fit in the case (as far as charging is concerned) has more to do with the pin alignment, which is why several of us have suggested to kinda drop your buds in from ~1 inch or so and let the magnets take care of the rest. The Large fins give you a very, very narrow tolerance for how they'll fit in the case and still charge, so I guess we can chalk that one up to either bad design or a sign they need to tighten tolerances in manufacturing.

Edit: forgot to mention both the TWS1 (non-Pro) and Technics are marked out for delivery today. I probably won't even ask my daughter to demo them for a while. I have an idea what to expect sound-wise and they're more a gift for her anyway. Just hope Ali doesn't take a millennia to ship out the Pro.

Also really digging Neutron player, but man if that UI doesn't manage to remind me of 80s-90s Hi-Fi gear with its unnecessarily complex layout. Sounds fantastic, though. Glad they allow a trial of this; makes it really easy to justify the cost.

Today's gloomy weather tends to help be connect more to stuff like this. Was trying to link the album by Spotify, but the app is being squirrelly today:

The more I listen to the CA MT the more I absolutely love the sound. Have them EQ'd where the bass still hit hard but vocals and highs are more present than stock tuning.

I just need to find right ear tips and fin combo. I either have pain or a bad seal.
I really want to make these work.
May have to go finless or with the small which don't add any support for me other than a rubber surface.
Have heard the final audio tips for tws are very good but only 1 place sells from China and are 20$ and would likely need different size for each ear meaning 40 dollars.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #30,309 of 62,300
The more I listen to the CA MT the more I absolutely love the sound. Have them EQ'd where the bass still hit hard but vocals and highs are more present than stock tuning.

I just need to find right ear tips and fin combo. I either have pain or a bad seal.
May have to go finless or with the small which don't add any support for me other than a rubber surface.
Have heard the final audio tips for tws are very good but only 1 place sells from China and are 20$ and would likely need different size for each ear meaning 40 dollars.
Can you share your EQ setting please as that sort if tuning is what I an looking for

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #30,310 of 62,300

Talking about these guys?
https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/...-for-true-wireless-bluetooth-earphone-2-pairs

Tempted to order a set myself, but almost $20 for 2 sets is asking a lot.

Also came up with a wild idea today to ditch the app-specific EQs and just run the MTs through Neutralizer. If you're not familiar, the app plays a series of sine tones over white noise, then has you adjust the volume of those tones one by one until they're barely audible. The idea is that it gives you the truly "neutral" EQ based on your own hearing. Here's what I came up with:
Screenshot_20210307-081634.jpg
Screenshot_20210307-081955.jpg
I should mention that I can pretty much never hear the 10 kHz tone on any pair, wired or otherwise, so I usually just leave it untouched.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #30,311 of 62,300
I just picked up the xm3 despite having no interest until recently in tws. Got them on sale for £140.00 in the uk. Same issue as iems for me when it comes to fit. Left ear fits fine, right ear no dice. Medium feels loose whilst large fits but made the ear sore. Actually contemplating getting a set of custom tips done for them, but guessing I would have to take them off to fit in the case each time to charge? Do we know what the nozzle size is for tip rolling?
The original Hybrid tips fit on them really well and the large size is softer so would be more comfortable in that one ear.

Sorry not sure on the diameter of the nozzle.

Mar 7, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #30,312 of 62,300
maybe this is more trouble than it's worth, but i just got the IE300 in for review yesterday. Is there an adaptor i could buy to make them fit the Shure TW1?

Mar 7, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #30,313 of 62,300
maybe this is more trouble than it's worth, but i just got the IE300 in for review yesterday. Is there an adaptor i could buy to make them fit the Shure TW1?
I thought they were both MMCX. What sort of fit concerns do you have?

Mar 7, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #30,314 of 62,300
I thought they were both MMCX. What sort of fit concerns do you have?
Indeed they both are, so I didn't expect a problem. but the IE300 will not snap on to the TW1 at all. It will connect, you can hear audio, but will not snap in to place. Edit: the Audiofly AF180 MK2 connect just fine to the tw1.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #30,315 of 62,300
Indeed they both are, so I didn't expect a problem. but the IE300 will not snap on to the TW1 at all. It will connect, you can hear audio, but will not snap in to place. Edit: the Audiofly AF180 MK2 connect just fine to the tw1.
That's bizarre. Wonder if Senn did something semi-proprietary like mess around with the MMCX standard or give it a deep socket so your Shures can't fully secure to the cup.

I've always wanted to give those AF180s a shot, but couldn't ever pull the trigger. Heard great things, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back