Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 6, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #30,286 of 62,624
The Technics fit me great, it's just literally a low volume problem. If they were as loud or a bit louder than the Senns, I also think the sound would have more impact too because the SQ seems to be there. Oh well.

The JBL Club Pro Plus had great sound but the touch controls were practically useless (not to mention barely customizable but didn't matter since the touch barely functioned), the ANC lowered the volume too much when turned on so that was useless also.

I hope the MT really shine when they get here, too bad about no ANC though.

Mar 6, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #30,287 of 62,624
aptX Adaptive, IP56-rated, cVc microphones, 12/40 hours? Might be worth it to just play around with these suckers. Not too versed on Edifier's sound signature anyway, so I'll guinea pig this one. Considering they're basically the same price as the regular TWS1, gives me a chance to get a TWS1 for the daughter (in pink, of course) and a TWS1 Pro (in "white") for myself. I'll definitely give feedback once they're in my hands.

Only place I could find for the TWS1 Pro was at Edifier's store on Ali, though. Not even their US website had a product page for them.
Have a look and see if you can find the Edifier X3 TO-U, they're a colourful version of the X3 that comes in pink or blue. The X3 got better reviews than the TWS1 and I still use it as my ultra portable set as the case is really nice and small.

Mar 6, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #30,288 of 62,624
The AZ70 fit me very comfortably but I am using Sony hybrids vs their own tips.

I find I have to check to make sure they are lit up when I out them in the case. But have not had serious issues with the case not staying charged that other have had.

Since I have the Sony's I think I am going to charge the AZ70 and then let them site for 2 weeks. And then see if the case has lost charge so I can say for certain one way or another if my pair suffers from this issue.

I rarely listen to my gear at more than 50% volume so I am not a good person to look at when it comes to loudness in an IEM.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #30,289 of 62,624
The Technics fit me great, it's just literally a low volume problem. If they were as loud or a bit louder than the Senns, I also think the sound would have more impact too because the SQ seems to be there. Oh well.

The JBL Club Pro Plus had great sound but the touch controls were practically useless (not to mention barely customizable but didn't matter since the touch barely functioned), the ANC lowered the volume too much when turned on so that was useless also.

I hope the MT really shine when they get here, too bad about no ANC though.
Yeah, MT will be louder, but I'm not sure if it's as loud as the MTW2. It doesn't affect me much because I listen at night when I'm the only one awake - no distractions. Besides, I don't like to listen to my music very loud. My ears are pretty sensitive and they actually hurt if I pump up the volume too much. Same goes with loud music at people's parties & weddings - it drives me nuts not being able to hear myself breathe haha. But most people are opposite of me in that manner.

Regardless, it's worth a shot.

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #30,291 of 62,624
Yeah, MT will be louder, but I'm not sure if it's as loud as the MTW2. It doesn't affect me much because I listen at night when I'm the only one awake - no distractions. Besides, I don't like to listen to my music very loud. My ears are pretty sensitive and they actually hurt if I pump up the volume too much. Same goes with loud music at people's parties & weddings - it drives me nuts not being able to hear myself breathe haha. But most people are opposite of me in that manner.

Regardless, it's worth a shot.

For me my night time listening is usually at 45-50%.
Daytime listening 60-70%
Working out or busy environment 70-80%

Sennheiser are much quieter than the MT and definitely less than the Sony and slightly less than the JBL.
If I use the above settings as my standard, I would reduce by 5% using the MT and raise by 10% the MTW2.

Mar 6, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #30,292 of 62,624
LOL I am seeing ads for the WF-1000XM3 back down to $199 in Canada so the XM4 must be imminent. Might wish I had just skipped the XM3...

I just charged the AZ70 I will check the case next weekend to see if the led has dropped to 2 and continue another week if it's still at 3.

It's funny I find the AZ70 louder than XM3 at lower volumes in that I have to set it lower than the XM3 when I want a quiet listen for sleeping or concentrating at work. But that may be the difference in the sound signatures.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #30,293 of 62,624
LOL I am seeing ads for the WF-1000XM3 back down to $199 in Canada so the XM4 must be imminent. Might wish I had just skipped the XM3...

I just charged the AZ70 I will check the case next weekend to see if the led has dropped to 2 and continue another week if it's still at 3.

It's funny I find the AZ70 louder than XM3 at lower volumes in that I have to set it lower than the XM3 when I want a quiet listen for sleeping or concentrating at work. But that may be the difference in the sound signatures.
Possibly, but the price of the WF-1000XM3 has been all over the place in the last few months in Canada so don't kick yourself.
Who knows when the XM4 will pop up and be available in Canada.

Mar 6, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #30,294 of 62,624
I don't think at 200$ CDN there is another earbud as good sounding with ANC as the sony.
Well the JBL except their ANC is garbage.

Anyone have opinions on the freebuds pro? Apparently feet ANC great multipoint and microphones.

Have heard varying reviews in their audio from great bass and overall nice sound but weak highs ....

Mar 6, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #30,295 of 62,624
The Technics just got here. They came with a 10% charge. The JBL and Senns both came with at least 50% charge. So they are charging away - there is also a firmware update available so will be testing them out in a little bit once they charge for an hour.
No dice for me. FedEx decided to take the day off, I guess.

Not much to comment on, except that I had the MTs in while I pressure-washed the garage and siding. Never budged and I clocked about 22k steps from it, so I think that suffices for a workout. That's good enough to pass the fit test, as far as I'm concerned.

Mar 6, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #30,296 of 62,624
No dice for me. FedEx decided to take the day off, I guess.

Not much to comment on, except that I had the MTs in while I pressure-washed the garage and siding. Never budged and I clocked about 22k steps from it, so I think that suffices for a workout. That's good enough to pass the fit test, as far as I'm concerned.

Am using large fin on left medium on right with Liberty 2 pro ear tips. So far pain is less seal is better.
Will need to give it a long term test.

Question about the case.
Mine is I put pressure on the top it creaks faintly and the top door has a little bit of wriggle unlike the Sennheiser which feel more stuff and solid.
Are they all like that or did I get a bad build.

Mar 6, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #30,297 of 62,624
I thought about it and the reality is I can't afford early adoption pricing anyway. So even if the XM4 was released tomorrow I won't be looking at buying it until it's prices starts to drop or it goes in sale anyway.

The good news for me is that the XM3 actually fit me pretty decently so why worry...

It like the shoes I bought yesterday. They were on clearance for just about half price. The new model might have slight improvements but at nearly twice the price... I don't think so :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #30,298 of 62,624
Am using large fin on left medium on right with Liberty 2 pro ear tips. So far pain is less seal is better.
Will need to give it a long term test.

Question about the case.
Mine is I put pressure on the top it creaks faintly and the top door has a little bit of wriggle unlike the Sennheiser which feel more stuff and solid.
Are they all like that or did I get a bad build.
No idea. I must be too ginger with my stuff, but I don't feel any creaking on the MT's case.

Mar 7, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #30,299 of 62,624
I know the Libratone TWS were brought up a couple days ago... The measurements Crinacle has for them actually don’t look half bad. Really big sub-bass boost, like a 10 dB bump shelf starting at 100 Hz peaking around 30-ish Hz.

Edit: it would help if I showed the plot, huh?

81A621BD-4E0E-4D28-A021-7510909BAB82.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back