Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 7, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #30,331 of 61,383
I do know that not all MMCX plugs are made alike, how they are housed and the dimensions surrounding them could cause issues. I remember reading on the AKG N5005 information page saying that the other AKG cables are not compatible one way or the other.
Good to know. I honestly never knew or considered that. I have way more experience with headphones than wired iems. it's to bad though. the IE300 would fit a nice use case if could pair it with the TW1. AT least i can use them wired with several different options.

Mar 7, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #30,332 of 61,383
When I read about the IE300, Sennheiser mentions a recessed MMCX connector or something to that effect so they are proprietary, the reason was to help make them more reliable according to the literature.

Mar 7, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #30,333 of 61,383
When I read about the IE300, Sennheiser mentions a recessed MMCX connector or something to that effect so they are proprietary, the reason was to help make them more reliable according to the literature.
lame. And would have been nice to get some info sent with them about that. Oh well though. I can still review based on use with my V60, HA-2SE and desktop setup so still some different scenarios to give feedback from.

Mar 7, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #30,335 of 61,383
Good to know. I honestly never knew or considered that. I have way more experience with headphones than wired iems. it's to bad though. the IE300 would fit a nice use case if could pair it with the TW1. AT least i can use them wired with several different options.
It wouldn’t be too different from like a recessed 3.5mm jack designed to only accept their cable or some other BS 😆 Etymotic’s MMCX actually has a notch in it to stop it from spinning around.

Mar 7, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #30,336 of 61,383
The pink TWS1 showed up today. Didn't last more than a few minutes out of the box before my daughter snatched them up and ran to her room to listen to some stuff on Spotify. If two children can get this thing unboxed, charged, paired, and running on an iPhone, I'd say that's pretty impressive.

Still waiting on the Technics, though.

Mar 7, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #30,337 of 61,383
The pink TWS1 showed up today. Didn't last more than a few minutes out of the box before my daughter snatched them up and ran to her room to listen to some stuff on Spotify. If two children can get this thing unboxed, charged, paired, and running on an iPhone, I'd say that's pretty impressive.

Still waiting on the Technics, though.
You would be surprised at what kids can do these days...I think we give them too little credit. My 3 year old just walked into the room with my phone (which was charging on top of a table) unlocked and Amazon music already launched because he wanted to listen to the "vegetable song".

He also told me that a pair of TWS needed batteries because the lights wouldn't turn on when he was playing with them...

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #30,338 of 61,383
You would be surprised at what kids can do these days...I think we give them too little credit. My 3 year old just walked into the room with my phone (which was charging on top of a table) unlocked and Amazon music already launched because he wanted to listen to the "vegetable song".

He also told me that a pair of TWS needed batteries because the lights wouldn't turn on when he was playing with them...
I can't even get mine to check the silverware before they unload the dishwasher, yet they could unlock a phone at 3. What is happening?

Mar 7, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #30,339 of 61,383
Hmm, no mention of length. For MT, tip length has to be less than 8mm to fit in the case I believe. The final type e for tws is 7mm

Edit: Apparently the dekoni length is 7.5mm so it is hard to be sure if it would fit MT. Would be nice to know exact length of MT stock tips :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210307-221652_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20210307-221652_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 0
Mar 7, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #30,340 of 61,383
My comments on the Technics are earlier but I have to add the Ambient Sound mode is better than the MTW2. But they are going back due to simply having too low of a volume which to go along with a bit less bass than I like just means they don't have a punchy enough sound for me. The ANC though is really good. If you don't listen to your music loud, and don't need a lot of bass, the Technics might be perfect. I don't they don't have bass, they are not cold and analytical, just not as much bass as I needed, coming from the MTW2 and having experienced the JBL Club Pro Plus.

The Melomania Touch came in today. They paired easy, went to do the firmware upgrade - the left bud upgraded fine but the right kept failing. I had to reset the buds in the case then re-pair them and the firmware updated ok. Fit is more finicky with these than the MTW2 and the case is far more restrictive with 3rd party tips than the Senns and my favorite tips won't work with the MT case. The JBL case was also no good with the tips I like. These cases just don't close since they build them with tolerances so tied to the size of their own tips, very frustrating. Luckily a pair of Large Spinfits I have fit on the MT and go in the case. When you take these out of the case they take a bit longer to connect to my phone than either the Senns, JBL's or Technics.

These definitely get loud like I enjoy. They are just as loud or maybe a tiny bit louder than the MTW2. They just have a great organic fun sound to them. I like the stock MT sound with the equalizer left alone. Don't find them too bassy at all. They definitely have a really nice rich but still detailed sound. The touch controls are a bit finicky - too sensitive in many cases. I immediately disabled the volume controls on both buds as if you adjust the buds, you will set off the volume control. I kept all the other playback controls active though. We shall see how that goes but I think it will work out. Gonna have to test out the battery life with these at near full volume and see how long they go. I have these set to aptX only with my Google Pixel 5. The sound really is shining on these, I don't find myself missing the MTW2 sound, nor do I find these noticeably better either, more like a just as nice type of thing.

I do feel any bud with Ambient mode should have an option to auto pause the music when you turn transparency mode on, these don't. I miss that. I also do miss not having the option for the music to automatically stop when you take an earbud out of your ear. But I knew that when I bought these.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #30,341 of 61,383
My comments on the Technics are earlier but I have to add the Ambient Sound mode is better than the MTW2. But they are going back due to simply having too low of a volume which to go along with a bit less bass than I like just means they don't have a punchy enough sound for me. The ANC though is really good. If you don't listen to your music loud, and don't need a lot of bass, the Technics might be perfect. I don't they don't have bass, they are not cold and analytical, just not as much bass as I needed, coming from the MTW2 and having experienced the JBL Club Pro Plus.

The Melomania Touch came in today. They paired easy, went to do the firmware upgrade - the left bud upgraded fine but the right kept failing. I had to reset the buds in the case then re-pair them and the firmware updated ok. Fit is more finicky with these than the MTW2 and the case is far more restrictive with 3rd party tips than the Senns and my favorite tips won't work with the MT case. The JBL case was also no good with the tips I like. These cases just don't close since they build them with tolerances so tied to the size of their own tips, very frustrating. Luckily a pair of Large Spinfits I have fit on the MT and go in the case. When you take these out of the case they take a bit longer to connect to my phone than either the Senns, JBL's or Technics.

These definitely get loud like I enjoy. They are just as loud or maybe a tiny bit louder than the MTW2. They just have a great organic fun sound to them. I like the stock MT sound with the equalizer left alone. Don't find them too bassy at all. They definitely have a really nice rich but still detailed sound. The touch controls are a bit finicky - too sensitive in many cases. I immediately disabled the volume controls on both buds as if you adjust the buds, you will set off the volume control. I kept all the other playback controls active though. We shall see how that goes but I think it will work out. Gonna have to test out the battery life with these at near full volume and see how long they go. I have these set to aptX only with my Google Pixel 5. The sound really is shining on these, I don't find myself missing the MTW2 sound, nor do I find these noticeably better either, more like a just as nice type of thing.

What phone youisng them with. They are insanely louder than the MTW2 for me.
My samdu g has volume increment up to 150. These at 95 are as loud or louder than sennheisers at 115!

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #30,342 of 61,383
What phone youisng them with. They are insanely louder than the MTW2 for me.
My samdu g has volume increment up to 150. These at 95 are as loud or louder than sennheisers at 115!

I have the Google Pixel 5. There is no numerical scale on the volume control. I can say the MT are at least one but probably two clicks louder than the MTW2 on my volume control.

I can't wait to see the battery life on these. They claim 7 hours at the High Quality setting.

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #30,343 of 61,383
I have the Google Pixel 5. There is no numerical scale on the volume control. I can say the MT are at least one but probably two clicks louder than the MTW2 on my volume control.

I can't wait to see the battery life on these. They claim 7 hours at the High Quality setting.
What other tws earbud do you currently own. I have to decide on the Sennheiser by Wednesday. Think they are going back. The sound is very nice but since genres don't do great with them and outside of ANC which is only mediocre, they don't offer anything more than the MT. At 100$ more.

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #30,344 of 61,383
What other tws earbud do you currently own. I have to decide on the Sennheiser by Wednesday. Think they are going back. The sound is very nice but since genres don't do great with them and outside of ANC which is only mediocre, they don't offer anything more than the MT. At 100$ more.
I own the Senn MTW2. I have tried the JBL Club Pro Plus and the Technics. The more I listen to these MT's at home just chilling out, where I usually don't usually just sit and listen to wireless IEM's, these are really nice sounding buds. When I walked the dog earlier with these I passed the garbage truck twice, and didn't stop to think these could use ANC. I'll see how they sound on the train on Wednesday but I don't foresee any problems.

The things I like more about the MTW2 is touch controls that aren't overly sensitive with true customizability, auto pausing the music with Ambient mode, a case that fits with more tips, and auto pausing the music when you take a bud out. Don't like the battery life. If it's all about sound, the MT's are great. Plus they reportedly have a chunk better battery life. The sound is very nice though. I don't mind the bass that some think needs to be tamed a little bit.

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #30,345 of 61,383
Also one more case question bout the CA MT.
If I squeeze top of lid from each end then open with the other hand it opens smoothly. If I open from the front it almost feels as if the front lip catches briefly before it gives way. This and when case is closed there is a bit of wriggle with top lid makes me wonder if they are all like that or if mine has a bit of a defect. When closed it is secure and buds go in fine with red lights. And ho ge when fully open seems find.
Just wondering if all cases are like mine or if I should exchange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back