Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 30, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #23,086 of 63,204
Often have I heard the SpinFit CP360 mentioned here, especially in connection with the XM3s ... can someone enlighten me what's so special / new / different about them? They are not easy to get (even amazon EU gets them from the US for some silly shipping extra fee) and well ... kinda expensive (I have bought TWS for that amount of money)
Hence I would like to know if it is worth it and what makes them so 'rare'
sp360.jpg

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #23,087 of 63,204
Often have I heard the SpinFit CP360 mentioned here, especially in connection with the XM3s ... can someone enlighten me what's so special / new / different about them? They are not easy to get (even amazon EU gets them from the US for some silly shipping extra fee) and well ... kinda expensive (I have bought TWS for that amount of money)
The silicon is more sticky. For me they have a great fit with TWS and even on wired sets they are great. Another tips i can recommend for TWS are the Misodiko TWS-Joy.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #23,088 of 63,204
Its funny how we can hear things differently.
I found the Galaxy Buds+ to lacking in bass and general overall detail. Out of the wireless earphones the Galaxy were the weakest.
Shows that it is possible for us to all hear things differently.
I agree. Everyone has their taste and what sounds/music they enjoy. There's also a personality overlay, which completely makes sense given music is emotional in nature. No right or wrong, unless you're pushing something objectively technical. The best each of us can give is our impressions.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Galaxy Buds+ and have purchased and returned them several times (Best Buy). That being said, I CAN see why someone would like them, it's just not my taste.

Currently, I'm rotating between 3 main TWS': MW07 Plus, SP800N, and APP. I gave the MPOW M30 to my son and he really likes it.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #23,089 of 63,204
I agree. Everyone has their taste and what sounds/music they enjoy. There's also a personality overlay, which completely makes sense given music is emotional in nature. No right or wrong, unless you're pushing something objectively technical. The best each of us can give is our impressions.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Galaxy Buds+ and have purchased and returned them several times (Best Buy). That being said, I CAN see why someone would like them, it's just not my taste.

Currently, I'm rotating between 3 main TWS': MW07 Plus, SP800N, and APP. I gave the MPOW M30 to my son and he really likes it.

This is why Crinacle's database is such a gem. I generally dislike bassy sets (sub bass good, mid bass bad). If the MW07 Plus is the baseline then the GBuds+ definitely are bass-lite. I find the GBuds+ (and Tevi) bass to be just about perfect (would reduce by 5% if possible) haha.

Jun 30, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #23,090 of 63,204
sp360.jpg
Someone mentioned the "stickiness" of the material, aside from that there is the more obvious distinctives you may already know about but I'll detail them anyways to be thorough:

1. The biggest gripe with the XM3 is the fit, not just in achieving a proper fit but also maintaining one. Most will have no issue in getting a seal to establish for a bit, while immobile, with all the various tips the XM3 already come with. However, if you stand up and introduce any motion whatsoever, the seal is easy to break. (likely a byproduct of how bulky the earpieces are.) The spinfits go a better job in maintaining a seal because of the nature of how the product pivots around the stem of the eartip.

2. It goes without saying that the CP360 are the low profile version of their product, shaving a couple mm off of their mainstream eartips.

I've been fortunate in that I have been able to try various tips by taking an xacto knife and cutting a couple mm off of the stem of some eartips until I find one that works. And even then I have relegated my XM3 to "sit down listening" only.

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #23,091 of 63,204
This is why Crinacle's database is such a gem. I generally dislike bassy sets (sub bass good, mid bass bad). If the MW07 Plus is the baseline then the GBuds+ definitely are bass-lite. I find the GBuds+ (and Tevi) bass to be just about perfect (would reduce by 5% if possible) haha.
LOL, so I guess you won't buy those 12" subwoofers out of the back of my truck, eh?

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #23,092 of 63,204
The AKG N400 is seriously awesome. Although Crinancle hated on MW07 (my favorites to date) I have to agree with him on these. The tuning is stellar. It's tuned for an audiophile sound - balanced, crisp and nothing overwhelms but they are very musical. There is some bass boost so they thump nicely but it is not v-shaped. If you like the N6 pro, you will absolutely love these. They are not quite as detailed but they make up for it in tonality.

The rest of the package is compelling. The build quality is superb. They are metal and feel weighty and high quality. Fit is fine. Using stock medium tips plus the largest stabilizers. They are comfortable and seem secure. In addition to the ridiculously good sq, they have ANC. Only negative so far is some hiss in the left bud at no volume which quickly disappears once the volume goes up and they don't support Aptx or Samsung's scaleable codec. I am using an S20 over AAC.

For $200, these are a bargain. They blow away anything in that price range. Can't believe these haven't garnered more attention to date.
I was surprised by these also from a sound perspective but also packaging, I think better presentation than some pricier options

IMG_20200630_154845.jpg

IMG_20200630_154859.jpg

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #23,093 of 63,204
I see you like the Tevis a lot (I do to) if you need another pair (or anyone) I have one for sale.

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #23,096 of 63,204
Someone mentioned the "stickiness" of the material, aside from that there is the more obvious distinctives you may already know about but I'll detail them anyways to be thorough:

1. The biggest gripe with the XM3 is the fit, not just in achieving a proper fit but also maintaining one. Most will have no issue in getting a seal to establish for a bit, while immobile, with all the various tips the XM3 already come with. However, if you stand up and introduce any motion whatsoever, the seal is easy to break. (likely a byproduct of how bulky the earpieces are.) The spinfits go a better job in maintaining a seal because of the nature of how the product pivots around the stem of the eartip.

2. It goes without saying that the CP360 are the low profile version of their product, shaving a couple mm off of their mainstream eartips.

I've been fortunate in that I have been able to try various tips by taking an xacto knife and cutting a couple mm off of the stem of some eartips until I find one that works. And even then I have relegated my XM3 to "sit down listening" only.
Thanks for the details. Yep, totally get the ‘sit down’ listening. Curious to try the xm3 on my next plane trip ...

really enjoying the sound. And from everything I read so far, I doubt the sp800n will beat them (sound and anc but less, still bulky) ...but I will see hopefully soon. Scheduled to arrive today, but not received a dispatch notice yet.

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #23,097 of 63,204
Do you notice any of the hiss that @clerkpalmer mentions in the L earbud?

For context , as soon as I connected them to the phone there was an update to the earbuds. No hissing whatsoever, checked with nothing playing and after each transition. Surprising I like the gestures that they used for raising and lowering the volume and changing from noise cancelling, ambient aware,etc

Surprised on the customization options for the swipes.

I have the Samsung Galaxy Buds +, great TWS option , but felt the fit not that awesome. Was thinking on the new Senheiser TWS 2 but I paused on the cost. The MTW07 Plus fit was never the best for me. Was checking the forum's and saw these mentioned at an affordable price with ANC, so just pulled trigger. After a day of continue use:

Fit ( for me): A+
App functions: A
Sound: A ( When compared vs the SGB + and Senheiser)
Price: A+

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #23,098 of 63,204
For context , as soon as I connected them to the phone there was an update to the earbuds. No hissing whatsoever, checked with nothing playing and after each transition. Surprising I like the gestures that they used for raising and lowering the volume and changing from noise cancelling, ambient aware,etc

Surprised on the customization options for the swipes.

I have the Samsung Galaxy Buds +, great TWS option , but felt the fit not that awesome. Was thinking on the new Senheiser TWS 2 but I paused on the cost. The MTW07 Plus fit was never the best for me. Was checking the forum's and saw these mentioned at an affordable price with ANC, so just pulled trigger. After a day of continue use:

Fit ( for me): A+
App functions: A
Sound: A ( When compared vs the SGB + and Senheiser)
Price: A+

Curious to hear how they perform for calls in mildly noisy environments, and to get your thoughts on the case/pocket-ability? :pray:

I'm keen on these for workout buds given their IP rating. :thinking: :

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #23,099 of 63,204
Has anyone pulled the trigger on the Fiil CC?

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #23,100 of 63,204
Curious to hear how they perform for calls in mildly noisy environments, and to get your thoughts on the case/pocket-ability? :pray:

I'm keen on these for workout buds given their IP rating. :thinking: :
These are perfect for workouts. Used on my outdoor bike ride today. Wind noise was minimal compared to the 800n. Sweat all over them. Barely budged over 20 miles. Biggest issues are they weigh a bit more than others due to the excellent build quality and if you use the large wings they can leave your ear sore after an hour or so. Waiting on my replacement to determine the source of the hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back