Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 1, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #23,102 of 62,714
apparently the Tronsmart Onyx Free has a really bad call quality

Hi, chinmie,
Sorry to hear that. Tronsmart Onyx Free is used cVc and DSP noise technology. It has crystal clear call quaility. Can you please tell us where you buy it? We will see what is the problem.

Jul 1, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #23,103 of 62,714
I considered trying out my S4 tips right after putting the MW07 back in the box. I decided against it and effectively gave up mainly because I don't think there is anything wrong with the sound I was getting from them. The criticisms I have of them match the criticisms of everyone else I've seen who doesn't like them (feel like I should've trusted crinacle here) and while I don't think the positives are worth the negatives they did exist with the right music. With the medium tips and small wings I feel like they sounded about how they're probably supposed to sound.

In more positive news, I don't think my post yesterday did the Galaxy Buds + justice. These things are ****ing amazing. Not just better than expected. Not just great for the form factor. Just straight up incredible by any standard. I tried out a few of the more popular wireless over ear headphones a couple years ago (multiple sennheiser, newest bose, klipsch, etc) and these things blow all of them straight out of the water. They might actually have better detail and separation than my Hifiman HE-400i. I doubt they'll be outright replacing them due mainly to comfort and soundstage for movies, but what I'm hearing from these things is particularly crazy for a $150 mass market portable product heavy on convenience and feature set.

I like everything about my GBuds+ except that (1) the treble is sometimes a little too sharp for me, mostly at higher volumes, while the midrange needs to be a little more forward, and (2) the ambient noise pass thru is a little too treble oriented rather than a full frequency pass through. At least when using ambient mode the Samsung have less hiss in a quiet room than the Jabra 75t in hear-thru mode, and the Samsung are slightly more comfortable than my Jabra. The V-shaped frequency response and decent passive noise blocking make the Samsung good for low volume listening, something my tinnitus appreciates. (see my 12 pros vs 2 cons list posted a few days ago).

Because the Samsung case is so small I can take them everywhere. I like them enough that I carry them and my Jabra around everywhere in my cargo shorts pocket. I use them more frequently than the APP and tend to rotate between the GBuds+ and Jabra 75t when I'm on the move (I like a change of flavor and don't stick with one sound for too long).

And now to the rambling section of my post - I haven't used my N6P in a while due to lack of ambient or transparency mode, but for the price I would still recommend them for someone who doesn't care about an ambient sound mode and wants good detail and separation/imaging. I often carry the XM3 and MW07+ in my backpack or a jacket for when I travel, and I also use them in rotation with my MTW when I'm in my recliner and vegging. I think the MW07+ sound like a more refined version of the GBuds+ with fuller midrange and smoother treble, which I understand may sound better than the MW07 original or Go?

Jul 1, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #23,104 of 62,714
I agree. Everyone has their taste and what sounds/music they enjoy. There's also a personality overlay, which completely makes sense given music is emotional in nature. No right or wrong, unless you're pushing something objectively technical. The best each of us can give is our impressions.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Galaxy Buds+ and have purchased and returned them several times (Best Buy). That being said, I CAN see why someone would like them, it's just not my taste.

Currently, I'm rotating between 3 main TWS': MW07 Plus, SP800N, and APP. I gave the MPOW M30 to my son and he really likes it.

You must have liked something about the Samsung to buy them more than twice. What did you think of the MPOW M30?

I thought that the M30 didn't sound as good as the M30 Plus, but they didn't suck either. Coming back to the M30 and M30 Plus tonight after a 24 hour break, the M30 plus are still more neutral, detailed, and transparent than the M30 which have less detail and that slight upper midrange coloration I mentioned last night. I'm not blown away by either, but I think they are both a great value for the price and can be enjoyed by most people. The differences in them might be like switching from an Alpine car speaker to an Infinity car speaker - improved, but not as good as a nice Focal car speaker.

At first I was not hearing as much bass tonight in the Plus as I did last night. It's weird, but repositioning them a few times fixed it. So, I do think there is a driver flex issue with the Plus when I pressurize my ear canal during insertion, which the regular M30 don't seem to have. It's easier to get the sound back to normal with refitting them than it was with the FIIL T1X, where I was unable to use the stock tips at all.

I offered the M30 to my son, and he rejected them without even trying them out. He is spoiled with some Westone W60 and W80 on a BT V2 cable, and doesn't care about TWS.

I also think the WF-SP800N that I returned (for fit and stability issues) sounded a bit like my bass boosted WF-1000XM3 that I bought next (I never was able to compare them). With a little bumped treble EQ and clearbass at +5 or +6 the XM3 sound pretty good. But I'd bet that if the SP800N had fit me better and weren't as buggy as they were that I would have been just as happy with them as I am now with the XM3.

I promised in my post last night that I would compare the M30 to some top tier TWS. Tonight, after listening to the M30 and M30 Plus for about 20 minutes, I quickly switched from the M30 and M30 Plus to the XM3 - immediately I understood just how much better the XM3 are. I had previously set the XM3 clearbass to +6 and had added about +4 to the treble region in the XM3 app, which makes them sound a little closer to the MW07+ including detail and air.

The fact that I don't have to fiddle with the seal on my MTW, XM3, MW07+, GBuds+, Jabra 75t, or N6P to get them to sound right makes me want to keep the "M30 Plus" less than when I was playing with them last night. I have to fiddle with the seal on my APP often to keep them from falling out, and that's one of the reasons I use them less than the others.

So, I'll need to start tip rolling the M30 Plus to see if that helps seal the ear without binding the M30 Plus drivers. The olive-shaped tips that I found worked better with T1X may be a good choice. When the M30 Plus are sealed properly they just sound great, but when I have to fiddle with them to make them work and then I don't want to remove them lest I mess up the sound, it's starting to become a problem. I don't know why the M30 (regular) don't have this issue, and I get consistent sound each time I put them in. Thus, I will also work on getting 24 hours of burn-in done with the M30 and hope for more detail and transparency - I'm not sure I am keeping any or both.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #23,105 of 62,714
So these just came in the mail. Slapped on some CP360s and I'm about to update the firmware.

1kOv9kU.jpg

Jul 1, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #23,106 of 62,714
Hi, chinmie,
Sorry to hear that. Tronsmart Onyx Free is used cVc and DSP noise technology. It has crystal clear call quaility. Can you please tell us where you buy it? We will see what is the problem.

hello,
no, i haven't bought it yet, but considering to try it (and the onyx ace too), just for curiosity.. because i think i have to many TWS already.

my post was talking about the call test on that review video (which is not me)

Jul 1, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #23,107 of 62,714
Hi, chinmie,
OK. I see. Tronsmart always cares about our customers. If you have any feedback or advice, please feel free to contact us.
BTW, we will release a hybrid ANC TWS+ earbuds in this month. Would you like to try and give some feedback?

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #23,108 of 62,714
Hi, chinmie,
OK. I see. Tronsmart always cares about our customers. If you have any feedback or advice, please feel free to contact us.
BTW, we will release a hybrid ANC TWS+ earbuds in this month. Would you like to try and give some feedback?

sure do, I'm always a sucker for ANC gears

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #23,109 of 62,714
For context , as soon as I connected them to the phone there was an update to the earbuds. No hissing whatsoever, checked with nothing playing and after each transition. Surprising I like the gestures that they used for raising and lowering the volume and changing from noise cancelling, ambient aware,etc

Surprised on the customization options for the swipes.

I have the Samsung Galaxy Buds +, great TWS option , but felt the fit not that awesome. Was thinking on the new Senheiser TWS 2 but I paused on the cost. The MTW07 Plus fit was never the best for me. Was checking the forum's and saw these mentioned at an affordable price with ANC, so just pulled trigger. After a day of continue use:

Fit ( for me): A+
App functions: A
Sound: A ( When compared vs the SGB + and Senheiser)
Price: A+

Hi darveniza - could you clarify how the N400s are more comfortable than the Buds + ? Are they smaller in size so fit better... or? Comfort is a big criteria for me.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #23,110 of 62,714
You must have liked something about the Samsung to buy them more than twice. What did you think of the MPOW M30?
I TRIED to like them, but I just couldn't. For instance, I've purchased the APP like 5 times now, and finally, I'm starting enjoy them, especially after the last firmware update that seemed to improve the sound. Also, the APP are very comfortable and I never get any complains when I'm on calls. That being said, sometimes there's a lack of things to buy, so I go back to the what I've tried before to see if I was off that day, my mood was different, etc.

You have to be strategic about returns as well, so I don't typically go to the same store over and over, pay cash, wear wigs, spray on tan, you know, all the normal stuff. :p

The MPOW M30 are very good and even more so for the price. At $29, I can recommend them to anyone looking to get into the TWS craze.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #23,111 of 62,714
Hi darveniza - could you clarify how the N400s are more comfortable than the Buds + ? Are they smaller in size so fit better... or? Comfort is a big criteria for me.
The Buds are a bit smaller, will take a picture to show difference. However the AKG sit very well and used them yesterday while I was fixing a fence and never became noticeable. One thing I can telling using the gestures to raise and lower volume worked with no issue while using gloves. Tap to play and pause is much easier on them also. I think the size of the surface area for clicking works better for me than the Buds +.

No doubt both are very good options and fit better than Sennheiser,Master Dynamics.

I am still checking on mic for phone calls. However currently the few calls people say they heard me with no issue.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #23,112 of 62,714
Thanks, both. Guess I'll stay patient. Ordered on 6/13 and still hasn't shipped out.
After being stuck on "landed in Nee York" (I live in NY so it would've only been a few miles away) for a week, the tracking just updated this morning and now says "Out for Delivery". Last entry was June 25 as of a few hours ago but the tracking just updated and includes an entry from yesterday so it does not appear to be real time...fingers crossed that my stuff actually shows up and good luck with your delivery.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #23,113 of 62,714
I TRIED to like them, but I just couldn't. For instance, I've purchased the APP like 5 times now, and finally, I'm starting enjoy them, especially after the last firmware update that seemed to improve the sound. Also, the APP are very comfortable and I never get any complains when I'm on calls. That being said, sometimes there's a lack of things to buy, so I go back to the what I've tried before to see if I was off that day, my mood was different, etc.

You have to be strategic about returns as well, so I don't typically go to the same store over and over, pay cash, wear wigs, spray on tan, you know, all the normal stuff. :p

The MPOW M30 are very good and even more so for the price. At $29, I can recommend them to anyone looking to get into the TWS craze.
lol Amazon, Target and Bestbuy are having an openbox sale, brought to you by @hifi80sman. haha.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #23,114 of 62,714
The Buds are a bit smaller, will take a picture to show difference. However the AKG sit very well and used them yesterday while I was fixing a fence and never became noticeable. One thing I can telling using the gestures to raise and lower volume worked with no issue while using gloves. Tap to play and pause is much easier on them also. I think the size of the surface area for clicking works better for me than the Buds +.

No doubt both are very good options and fit better than Sennheiser,Master Dynamics.

I am still checking on mic for phone calls. However currently the few calls people say they heard me with no issue.

How is the size compared to the MTW or MW07? Seems about similar in weight. Would be interested in your impressions on call quality as well. These look interesting to me. I have found my MTW case battery empty on a few occasions now that I dont use them as much (and is starting to annoy me) so I may retire them soon.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #23,115 of 62,714
Hi, chinmie,
I'd love to try that too! :) Just bought my Spunky Beats replacement and appreciate that Tronsmart can send from Poland now for EU people! Very fast delivery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back