Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 29, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #23,056 of 62,749
@HeadphoneAddict or anybody else that might still own both Senn MTW models.

Does the original case work for charging the new model? As stated in an earler post, I lost my MTW2 case last week while cycling, Sennheiser are not yet selling replacement cases. Was curios if the original case will work.

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #23,057 of 62,749
Correct, and more so for the lesser known ChiFi units that often taken liberty when claiming features. Would also be helpful as we transition from BT 5.0 to 5.1 and especially 5.2. While Win10 does disclose the BT version, it's only for the Tx and not of the connected devices.

Nah I don't know of a workable way. You can do it in Linux but you'd need a working 5.0+ Tx and I don't think any USB dongles work with the Linux.

Jun 29, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #23,058 of 62,749
@HeadphoneAddict or anybody else that might still own both Senn MTW models.

Does the original case work for charging the new model? As stated in an earler post, I lost my MTW2 case last week while cycling, Sennheiser are not yet selling replacement cases. Was curios if the original case will work.
That sucks about the case. while the 2nd gen case won't charge the OG MTW because the housings are larger, so they won't fit, the first gen MTW case will indeed charge the MTW2.

Jun 29, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #23,059 of 62,749
I bought three sets of TWS 18 months ago, the Anbes 359 (is that how they are spelled?), QCY QS2 and the Capsules. To me the Anbes won on comfort, sound quality, connection (never a single issue) and I love the usb-c connector so I can use the same charge leads as my phone.

Taking into consideration I want USB-C and I want something pretty cheap what upgrade would be worthwhile?

Jun 29, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #23,060 of 62,749
Always a good option. There is also the Fiio UTWS1 version that adds volume control (and supposedly a little less hiss/gain) vs the BT20S.

If you don't need APT-X, are ok with AAC and don't need loud volume levels then the BT20 is good.

I just ordered some T2 plus' that will be tried with my BT20S.

I've heard great things about the UTWS1 but didn't follow up on them due to being a bit difficult to get right now. They do seem to have showed up on AliExpress at some point this weekend. No idea how reliable they are but they seem better than the (only) current amazon source at least. They're a little awkward looking (but so are many true wireless) and I'd be slightly worried about weight but I could see myself trying them out.

Volume level is my biggest concern with wireless. I've never considered myself someone who listens at loud volume levels. I remember walking around listening to early mp3 players coming out of high school ~15 years ago with volume sitting at 60% or so. But the trend has been to consistently reduce maximum volume on just about everything to the point that the norm is now to just instantly max everything. Add various (misguided) laws on top of that trend and I've found some headphones (and sources) straight up unlistenable. You can still obviously get super high unsafe volume by adding your own amp if you really want to. But I've been forced to add a Fiio A1 before just to make some stuff reasonable to begin with. I can't do that with wireless and it worries me.

Going to grab a pair of mw07 go today, provided Best Buy's listed stock count of two means they at least have one.

Jun 29, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #23,061 of 62,749
That sucks about the case. while the 2nd gen case won't charge the OG MTW because the housings are larger, so they won't fit, the first gen MTW case will indeed charge the MTW2.
Thanks for that, I assume from your answer that you've tried?

Jun 29, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #23,062 of 62,749
Thanks for that, I assume from your answer that you've tried?
Yes. a while back someone asked if the first gen MTW would charge in the new case, i didn't think so but i tried and they didn't fit as i figured they wouldn't. never did try charging the MTW2 in the first gen case, but when i saw your post i was sitting at my desk where both of them were, so it was easy to quickly check. And, i learned something new. But one thing i did think of after which you may be aware of, is that the case may drain, just like the first gen MTWs do. And the more you can stabilize them the better, just cause they are smaller than first gen MTW. You'll probably get 1 full charge from the case, and some to spare.

Jun 29, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #23,065 of 62,749
Yes. a while back someone asked if the first gen MTW would charge in the new case, i didn't think so but i tried and they didn't fit as i figured they wouldn't. never did try charging the MTW2 in the first gen case, but when i saw your post i was sitting at my desk where both of them were, so it was easy to quickly check. And, i learned something new. But one thing i did think of after which you may be aware of, is that the case may drain, just like the first gen MTWs do. And the more you can stabilize them the better, just cause they are smaller than first gen MTW. You'll probably get 1 full charge from the case, and some to spare.
Cheers for that.
Going to give Sennheiser a week or two to see if they start selling the MTW2 cases, its kn their site but not selling yet.

Jun 29, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #23,066 of 62,749
68CF3ACA-E70C-4311-8AC6-D9905953BE6B.jpeg181DD2E5-ABA1-46FB-90FB-8C30ADD16EE0.jpeg

Hiby joining the TWS game.

Jun 29, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #23,067 of 62,749
Cheers for that.
Going to give Sennheiser a week or two to see if they start selling the MTW2 cases, its kn their site but not selling yet.
no problem. yeah that is weird. I think i'd wait it out if it were me, because long term that first gen case is gonna wear out quicker, the battery i mean, and you'll probably want to get a 2nd gen case at some point anyway, if for no other reason than to have a case that can fully charge the MTW2 multiple times.

Jun 29, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #23,068 of 62,749
Jun 29, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #23,069 of 62,749
no problem. yeah that is weird. I think i'd wait it out if it were me, because long term that first gen case is gonna wear out quicker, the battery i mean, and you'll probably want to get a 2nd gen case at some point anyway, if for no other reason than to have a case that can fully charge the MTW2 multiple times.
I've stopped using them for now, probably down to about 50% battery. I'd rather have the 2nd gen case
Luckily the M&D MW07plus arrived today!

Jun 29, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #23,070 of 62,749
Maybe a good thing I was stuck in the middle of nowhere last week and missed all that M&D partner40 hooooopla ..
but I recall someone saying the MW07 GO can be found for 120$ ...
may I ask WHERE???

I feel like I need one of those in my stable :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back