Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 11, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #21,961 of 63,207
Sure.

Screenshot_20200511-201027.jpg

Yeah, I expect the ANC will probably beat the passive isolation by a fair margin. I agree, the fit on the Buds+ is way better than the XM3.
oh woa....yours is almost the same as mine. I raised 8k to 5db though. However, nowadays, I just stick to Soft EQ as it sounds least offensive to me with the same nice bass and a touch of boosted midbass.

Also, what tips are you using with your Buds+? I tiprolled for a few weeks and now using with Spinfit cp360.
Which one getting most of your time, Sony or Samsung?

May 12, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #21,962 of 63,207
oh woa....yours is almost the same as mine. I raised 8k to 5db though. However, nowadays, I just stick to Soft EQ as it sounds least offensive to me with the same nice bass and a touch of boosted midbass.

Also, what tips are you using with your Buds+? I tiprolled for a few weeks and now using with Spinfit cp360.
Which one getting most of your time, Sony or Samsung?

I'm using some modded AliExpress foams, just normal T400 tips cut in half to about 5mm height. This is both to fit the charging case and that I have shallow ear canals, so it gives me the more comfort and a better fit. I seem to gravitate towards foam tips in general though. Ymmv.

The Buds+. Granted I just got them, so new toy syndrome does apply.

May 12, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #21,963 of 63,207
I've spent a little over 2 weeks with the Jabra Elite 75t's and i've got to say overall i'm really, really happy with them. The bass is ridiculous, like stupid and they def. need to be Eq'd. I made a bunch of custom presets in the app and now that I have, These things really really perform. Mids are great and the highs are beautiful. I'm using some wide bore medium tips I found somewhere, they are akin to the RadioShack tips but they are shorter. I've been using them for phone calls and Zoom daily and also Go To Meeting. They are hands down the best TWS i've used for calls. I get a lot of comments about how good my voice sound with them. They do have their hiccups when switching from my PC to my phone. I just make sure to disconnect them from my PC when I leave my office, but I can easily answer calls while gaming on my PC with them. They are an all around performer The transparency mode is also excellent and depending on the tips you use, i'd say it rivals the APPs, especially now that APPLE destroyed the APPs with their latest firmware update. (My 3rd replacement pair will be here today :rage:) Anyway, The app is also fantastic, It has the EQ, Call settings and some other options. You can't program the buttons, but it hasn't bothered me at all. The have mute/ambient on the left and volume down. on the right is play/pause, Siri, answer call and Volume Up refubs are $100 https://www.newegg.com/jabra-elite-75t-in-ear-black/p/0TH-04CN-000K7

May 12, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #21,967 of 63,207
If anyone was looking for a neutral-sounding TWS IEM, the HIFIMAN TWS600 is an interesting choice, priced at just 80 USD :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/05/light-spring-audio-hifiman-tws-600.html

HIFIMAN-TWS-600-IEMs-Earphones-True-Wireless-Battery-Life-40-Hours-Bluetooth-5-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-14.jpg

May 12, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #21,968 of 63,207
May 12, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #21,969 of 63,207
George, you must have gotten a good set of TWS600s as all of the TWS600s that I've listened to are not really neutral sounding.

Neutral / Mid FWD / Bright is what I would go for (?)

Since I spent more time than I want to tell with them, to get an EQ curve that doesn't cross the headroom of the driver, I wanted to point that it may be possible that some people didn't get a proper fit with them, I really tip rolled hard to get a sound I liked, and it was mostly with foams and spnfit that I got it, so not with hte tips in the pakcage (?)

May 12, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #21,970 of 63,207
If anyone was looking for a neutral-sounding TWS IEM, the HIFIMAN TWS600 is an interesting choice, priced at just 80 USD :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/05/light-spring-audio-hifiman-tws-600.html

HIFIMAN-TWS-600-IEMs-Earphones-True-Wireless-Battery-Life-40-Hours-Bluetooth-5-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-14.jpg

George, you must have gotten a good set of TWS600s as all of the TWS600s that I've listened to are not really neutral sounding.

if you want neutral, try the Nillkin Go. you may or may not like the sound, but it's as close to "unseasoned" neutral in a TWS that i have. it's close to ER4XR in tuning without the mid hig freq bump, so it sounds smoother than the ER4XR.

still to this day one of my favorite TWS

May 12, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #21,971 of 63,207
Which EQ are you using?
I use Dynamic. I find that all EQ settings have been tweaked in the latest update but don't have any measurements. The new tuning works a bit better with SBC because the highs aren't as brash, but the rattling distortion is still noticeable with certain sounds (hi-hats and orchestral strings). It's a shame because I've been hoping to find a TWS with USB-C, ambient sound and independent bud usage that works well on both PC and mobile.

I've spent a little over 2 weeks with the Jabra Elite 75t's and i've got to say overall i'm really, really happy with them. The bass is ridiculous, like stupid and they def. need to be Eq'd. I made a bunch of custom presets in the app and now that I have, These things really really perform. Mids are great and the highs are beautiful. I'm using some wide bore medium tips I found somewhere, they are akin to the RadioShack tips but they are shorter. I've been using them for phone calls and Zoom daily and also Go To Meeting. They are hands down the best TWS i've used for calls. I get a lot of comments about how good my voice sound with them. They do have their hiccups when switching from my PC to my phone. I just make sure to disconnect them from my PC when I leave my office, but I can easily answer calls while gaming on my PC with them. They are an all around performer The transparency mode is also excellent and depending on the tips you use, i'd say it rivals the APPs, especially now that APPLE destroyed the APPs with their latest firmware update. (My 3rd replacement pair will be here today :rage:) Anyway, The app is also fantastic, It has the EQ, Call settings and some other options. You can't program the buttons, but it hasn't bothered me at all. The have mute/ambient on the left and volume down. on the right is play/pause, Siri, answer call and Volume Up refubs are $100 https://www.newegg.com/jabra-elite-75t-in-ear-black/p/0TH-04CN-000K7
Any issue with hiss imbalance? I had this issue on the 65t and people still reported it on the 75t, not sure if it was a matter of defective units or people not noticing the issue. The only thing that kept me from these was no Qi charging and no independent bud use. Jabra promised these in future releases but have since confirmed the single bud use firmware update has been cancelled - no news about the Qi charging case either. It's also perplexing they use a Qualcomm SoC but don't implement AptX. Curious how they sound with SBC on Windows 10. I recall the 65t were very good with SBC and nearly the same quality as AAC on my phone.

May 12, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #21,972 of 63,207
Neutral / Mid FWD / Bright is what I would go for (?)

Since I spent more time than I want to tell with them, to get an EQ curve that doesn't cross the headroom of the driver, I wanted to point that it may be possible that some people didn't get a proper fit with them, I really tip rolled hard to get a sound I liked, and it was mostly with foams and spnfit that I got it, so not with hte tips in the pakcage (?)

I also did tip rolling (including Spinfits and foam) with them, tried in 3 different audio shops thinking that maybe the issue is with the demo units, still not to my liking. The shrill in the highs were too much fatiguing for me. I don't do EQ as it will affect my other TWS once I switch over. In my area they are still priced at around $110 - My pocket and ears still prefer the Tevis. To my ears, the N6 Pro is more Neutral sounding than the TWS600. You should try giving them a go.

May 13, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #21,973 of 63,207
Tried the hifiman in shops as well. Way too bright for my taste even though I don't mind neutral sound.

On another note, fitted some spinfit 360 tips on the original galaxy buds and with the latest firmware, have propelled them to one of favorite tws. Great natural highs and mids, bass is a tad undefined. Good battery life and compact case.

May 13, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #21,974 of 63,207
Really enjoying my Helm TWS 5.0 with Sedna tips. Fantastic wireless range, great passive noise isolation, and sweat resistant. Yes they are over the top bassy, but for working out and doing outdoor chores they are great - and in really loud situations the extra bass helps. I have had wireless earbuds before, but these are the only ones that keep me listening to them even after I am done and could reasonably put in much higher end IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back