Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 13, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #21,991 of 62,729
Rookie move my man! Create another account for 'your needs' :wink:

And when the packages from Ebay comes and your wife sees them at the porch/doorstep - "Oh I ordered them months ago and they just came" OR "I had an issue with one of the items I purchased, so the seller sent me these as compensation."

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Yes, I have so much to learn! :smile: LOL

May 13, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #21,992 of 62,729
You can tell her that she has 100+ pair of shoes and only 2 feet. That's what I do :)

Or dozens of bags that cost hundreds of dollars that... Hold stuff. Same as any other bag :)

I have another strange collection - high powered flashlights. She can't understand it but I'm fascinated with how much light these buggers can put out

Hahaha I used to collect flashlight too. Nitecore, Fenix, Eagtac, etc. Luckily my wife never complain about my hobby ;p.

May 13, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #21,993 of 62,729
May 13, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #21,995 of 62,729
Yep, I already own the Tevis! :thumbsup:
LOL, i own almost 20 pair of tws... for my wife they are free samples for review but at least 80% are paid with my money

May 13, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #21,996 of 62,729
if you want neutral, try the Nillkin Go. you may or may not like the sound, but it's as close to "unseasoned" neutral in a TWS that i have. it's close to ER4XR in tuning without the mid hig freq bump, so it sounds smoother than the ER4XR.

still to this day one of my favorite TWS
I finally gave my Nillkin Go their fair shake on 2 runs and I am impressed! Not only by the sound, but how the heck do they NOT have the dreaded runners’ thud? The seem to seal well.
If only I had not selected this weird shade of red that goes with nothing :wink: I’d be using them more often ...

Gosh. I have terrible ‘new toy’ withdrawal!!!

May 13, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #21,997 of 62,729
Out of curiosity, how many different pairs of TWS do each of you own? And if the number is high, how do you explain that to your wife?
A) too ashamed to disclose. But as long as Bartig has a few more, I feel I am ok :wink:
B) I don’t :wink: to her they all look the same
But in earlier audio gear discussions I also used the shoes / handbags comparison. Or how her hair costs over 100$ each time she goes and I shave my scalp at DIY cost :wink:

May 13, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #21,998 of 62,729
Yes, I have so much to learn! :smile: LOL

You'll get there eventually :wink: Come to think of it, TWS are cheaper as compared to IEMs/cans. (Specially the China TWS) I wish TWS came into the picture earlier as I could get a number of TWS for 1 IEM! Now talk about getting your bang for the buck! :thumbsup:

LOL, i own almost 20 pair of tws... for my wife they are free samples for review but at least 80% are paid with my money

That's a lot! Well, you still got 4 pairs free - better than the most of us here :slight_smile:

May 13, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #21,999 of 62,729
I finally gave my Nillkin Go their fair shake on 2 runs and I am impressed! Not only by the sound, but how the heck do they NOT have the dreaded runners’ thud? The seem to seal well.
If only I had not selected this weird shade of red that goes with nothing :wink: I’d be using them more often ...

Gosh. I have terrible ‘new toy’ withdrawal!!!

Yup! And the way it sits in the ears, i often wears it all day on standby and forgot that I'm still wearing it. If they make an update to this with the same form factor but adding ANC, i would buy one without hesitation. The sound staging is almost like an earbud or Koss KSCs, but with IEM fitting. I reach for the Go more often than the X12 for more ambient TWS

May 13, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #22,001 of 62,729
Heehee that's funny.

My first big audio purchase was the Audeze LCD-2's. I just happened to drive past an audio store and walked in and fell in love with them immediately. So I came home that evening with the huge Pelican case and told her they were "a few hundred $". I don't think she believed me but we never really talked about it.

I purposely buy stuff at that place so she doesn't know what I'm spending on this stuff... Nice to buy local too - the pegs came loose and they took care of sending them back to get fixed and gave me a loaner pair of LCD-4's while i waited.

May 13, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #22,002 of 62,729
nuraloop_incoming.png
Ayeee! Nuraloop incoming! "1-7 business days", they says.
Now, one or seven wouldn't change much, approaching the anniversary of the pre-order I placed on 20th May 2019.
Wait... Now that I know it's on its way, it does! Can't wait! :soon:
I was looking at these just now. Seems like a nice product even though it has a wire. Anyone else gonna give them a run?

May 13, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #22,003 of 62,729
The sad truth about the Bluedio Faith Fi, or how I lost faith after purchase Faith Fi by Bluedio. I pay extra for the verified stable connection with a QCC3020 chip, but Bluedio can show me how it can go wrong. Unfortunately, the sound is also a complete disaster, it looks ugly on the FR graph and it sounds even worse in the ears! Sadly, even if they weren't so unbalanced, it wouldn't help them much. In short, Bluedio ruined everything that was possible!
OH MIO DIO, SALVA BLUEDIO!
bluedio_Fi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back