Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 13, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #22,006 of 62,573
The sad truth about the Bluedio Faith Fi, or how I lost faith after purchase Faith Fi by Bluedio. I pay extra for the verified stable connection with a QCC3020 chip, but Bluedio can show me how it can go wrong. Unfortunately, the sound is also a complete disaster, it looks ugly on the FR graph and it sounds even worse in the ears! Sadly, even if they weren't so unbalanced, it wouldn't help them much. In short, Bluedio ruined everything that was possible!
OH MIO DIO, SALVA BLUEDIO!
Bluedio is dead. They suck. Early on in the wireless headphone game, they had some interesting models, such as the Victory, UFO, Vinyl (70mm drivers) and the like. Despite all the rave reviews of those models, they were all strictly consumer grade with mostly a bass heavy signature, average clarity, and somewhat disjointed audio presentation due to multiple drivers (Victory & UFO). The Vinyl was impressive in concept (70mm effin' drivers!), but in reality it was only a decent performer. Clarity wasn't the best, bass was bloated, but it was decent for the average consumer that just wanted some bass forward headphones. All that being said, their stuff was interesting and generally built with better material than you'd typically see from the major brands and that price. The mics on the headphones were REALLY BAD, however.

Bluedio is now a shell of what they were due, in my opinion, to hubris resulting in marginal products the past few years. A headphone with no controls and only a voice assistant to make things happen? Always on mic with Bluedio App to spy on me? I will never buy Bluedio. I'm sure the Chinese government has sent the CEO to "re-education camp" due to lost revenues.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #22,008 of 62,573
Yup! And the way it sits in the ears, i often wears it all day on standby and forgot that I'm still wearing it. If they make an update to this with the same form factor but adding ANC, i would buy one without hesitation. The sound staging is almost like an earbud or Koss KSCs, but with IEM fitting. I reach for the Go more often than the X12 for more ambient TWS
If I ever get access to AliExpress again ... I might actually get a backup pair in black ... really impressed these last few days and wondering what took me so long.

May 14, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #22,009 of 62,573
Hmmm, how many TWS do I have? I think it's 15 so far. It's out of control.

AirPods 2
AirPods Pro
Powerbeats Pro blue
Powerbeats Pro black
PaMu Scroll
Pamu Scroll (sealed box)
PaMu Slide x1 (sealed box)
Crazy Baby Air (somewhere around the house)
Sennheiser Momentum TW
Sennheiser Momentum TW second set
Nuarl N6Pro
FIIL T1X en route with UPS
Jabra Elite 75t en route with UPS
Nuprime Audio prototype
NxEars Basso with TRN MMCX BT20S true wireless adapters (just arrived BT still in sealed box)

This is not counting my wireless-wired Westone BT V1 cable x3 and BT V2 x2 for my W40, W50, W60, W80, and ES60. And not counting my Audeze iSine10 with BT cable, nor my JH Audio 13 Pro with JHA BT cable and Roxanne with BT cable. I still count them as wireless, so I think I should be all set.

On top of that I have the CEntrance BlueDAC BT DAC/amp, HiFiMan R2R2000 with BT, and Fiio BTR5 DAC/amp for using wired headphone via BT wireless.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #22,010 of 62,573

AirPods 2
AirPods Pro
Powerbeats Pro blue
Powerbeats Pro black
PaMu Scroll
Pamu Scroll (sealed box)
Sennheiser Momentum TW
Nuarl N6Pro
Nuprime Audio prototype
NxEars Basso with TRN MMCX BT20S true wireless adapters (BT still in sealed box)

This is not counting my wireless-wired Westone BT V1 cable x3 and BT V2 x2 for my W40, W50, W60, W80, and ES60. And not counting my Audeze iSine10 with BT cable, nor my JH Audio 13 Pro with JHA BT cable and Roxanne with BT cable. I still count them as wireless, so I think I should be all set.

On top of that I have the CEntrance BlueDAC BT DAC/amp, HiFiMan R2R2000 with BT, and Fiio BTR5 DAC/amp for using wired headphone via BT wireless.
I'd be interested to hear differing opinions on the psychology behind this. I too live in excess within this audio world we love, but there's something seemingly deeper here than with other hobbies.

May 14, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #22,011 of 62,573
I'd be interested to hear differing opinions on the psychology behind this. I too live in excess within this audio world we love, but there's something seemingly deeper here than with other hobbies.

Yeah, it's called FOMO.

Now you know why they call me the Headphone Addict.

May 14, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #22,014 of 62,573
Out of curiosity, how many different pairs of TWS do each of you own? And if the number is high, how do you explain that to your wife?
To answer my own question, I am now on my 3rd pair. I just received my Fiil T1x yesterday. I also have the Tranya B530 and Dudios Shuttle (gave to my daughter). I'm using the T1x with my PC through an Audioquest Dragonfly Red with Audioquest Wolf Wire connected to a Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter. My initial impression is that the T1x is awesome. They sound great, so musical, and are very non-fatiguing. I like my Tranya B530 also, but to me, I'm liking the T1x a lot better at the moment. I've got the KZ Z1 (and it's 2.5hr battery life) on the way (just shipped out today) and Haylou GT1 Plus (Impulse Buy after seeing a review) arriving someday from China (I'm in California).
I think I've got the beginnings of FOMO?

May 14, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #22,015 of 62,573
To answer my own question, I am now on my 3rd pair. I just received my Fiil T1x yesterday. I also have the Tranya B530 and Dudios Shuttle (gave to my daughter). I'm using the T1x with my PC through an Audioquest Dragonfly Red with Audioquest Wolf Wire connected to a Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter. My initial impression is that the T1x is awesome. They sound great, so musical, and are very non-fatiguing. I like my Tranya B530 also, but to me, I'm liking the T1x a lot better at the moment. I've got the KZ Z1 (and it's 2.5hr battery life) on the way (just shipped out today) and Haylou GT1 Plus (Impulse Buy after seeing a review) arriving someday from China (I'm in California).
yeah... you're in trouble. :) welcome to the group!

The t1x definitely sound better along the way -- some of the treble harshness goes away.

May 14, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #22,017 of 62,573
yeah... you're in trouble. :) welcome to the group!

The t1x definitely sound better along the way -- some of the treble harshness goes away.
Does your PC not have BT? To go from a digital source > DAC + Amplification > ADC > Re-encode for Bluetooth > TWS seems like a worse way to go than Digital Source > Re-encode for Bluetooth > TWS. You might be better off with a bluetooth dongle for your pc

May 14, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #22,018 of 62,573
Does your PC not have BT? To go from a digital source > DAC + Amplification > ADC > Re-encode for Bluetooth > TWS seems like a worse way to go than Digital Source > Re-encode for Bluetooth > TWS. You might be better off with a bluetooth dongle for your pc
My PC doesn't have built in BT, but I did order a 5.0 BT Dongle, so I'll give that a try when it gets here. It's been an interesting and fun journey discovering earbuds. I never had a need to get earbuds until this whole Covid thing happened and my wife started working from home. It started with just getting some earbuds to try to get some isolation and quiet, and then I started hanging out on this forum and then watching reviews on youtube and now I'm waiting for 2 more pairs to be delivered. It's fun though!

May 14, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #22,019 of 62,573

AirPods 2
AirPods Pro
Powerbeats Pro blue
Powerbeats Pro black
PaMu Scroll
Pamu Scroll (sealed box)
Sennheiser Momentum TW
Nuarl N6Pro
Nuprime Audio prototype
NxEars Basso with TRN MMCX BT20S true wireless adapters (just arrived BT still in sealed box)

Wow, what a collection! I bought the JH bluetooth cable for my Lola's and didn't like it. Too much bass and no way to adjust it. I'm using an ES100 sometimes w/ the JH 2.5 balanced cable and also an iFi xDSD

The only TWS buds I've found that I like are the N6 Pro's - absolutely love the sound, but wish they had ANC. I bought the Sony's and hate the sound, although the noise canceling is great.

I need to find something that has great ANC and sound that I like, but I'm at a loss on what to buy... I need AAC for iPhone listening and Aptx (obviously LDAC would be great!)

Any suggestions? Cost isn't an issue

May 14, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #22,020 of 62,573
I only have 'two' pairs of true wireless buds, but they are good ones I think!
IMG_20200514_161348.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back