Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 14, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #22,036 of 62,494
Wow, what a collection! I bought the JH bluetooth cable for my Lola's and didn't like it. Too much bass and no way to adjust it. I'm using an ES100 sometimes w/ the JH 2.5 balanced cable and also an iFi xDSD

The only TWS buds I've found that I like are the N6 Pro's - absolutely love the sound, but wish they had ANC. I bought the Sony's and hate the sound, although the noise canceling is great.

I need to find something that has great ANC and sound that I like, but I'm at a loss on what to buy... I need AAC for iPhone listening and Aptx (obviously LDAC would be great!)

Any suggestions? Cost isn't an issue

(1) TW with ANC - I think, since I love the Momentum True Wireless so much, that the MTW2 might be the best choice for you after what you said above. From what I have read, they're kind of a cross between the MTW and the N6P. They will likely be my next purchase. My original MTW transparency mode is more important to me than ANC, since the passive isolation is pretty decent, but it's not as good as the Air Pods Pro transparency mode which is louder than the mTW and, well, more transparent. I almost always use my Air Pods Pro in transparency mode, and rarely use the ANC.

(2) Regarding JH Audio BT: The 2-pin JHA cable is great on my JH 13 pro, but with my 2-pin JH16 pro freqphase the midrange gets all congested and muddy sounding with the same 2-pin BT. I'm told the new 4-pin JH16Pro V2 get along great with the 4-pin BT, while the 2-pin isn't made for the impedance load of the older JH16Pro freqphase.

With the JHA 4-pin BT cable on my Roxanne I often use the bass-reducer EQ in my iPhone, and then the wireless Roxanne are great at any volume. But, at low volumes the Roxanne bass is very controlled with the 4-pin BT cable, and it's not so bad without EQ.

(3) This is unlike my refurbished Jabra 75t that arrived today, and have bass that is Waaaay overblown! I MUST LISTEN TO JABRA 75t WITH "BASS REDUCER" or "SPOKEN WORD" type of EQ. I didn't make it through one song before I went to install the Jabra app to try their EQ, after I tried listening.

But the app wanted to update the firmware and said the battery was too low. The case battery and the right earbud were full charge (green) but the left one was red, after shipping to me with the buds in the case, so I'm not sure why the left bud was red-battery if it was playing music after pairing. After 5-10 minutes in the case with the USB-C plugged in, the left is now "orange". After 15 minutes both were green, so I'm downloading the firmware now.

[edit - hope I wasn't premature, iPhone reports battery at 70% during firmware update]

Packaging
IMG_3561.jpeg

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #22,038 of 62,494
Really looking forward about your KZ Z1 impressions, especially vs GT1 plus and T1x mate

I'll be sure to give my impressions - hopefully fairly soon. The KZ's got shipped out today and the GT1 Plus are supposedly in the U.S. and cleared customs somewhere. I'm patiently waiting.....

May 15, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #22,039 of 62,494
I've been listening to Whizzer C3 for more then a week now and I still don't know if I love or hate them more. Everything is somewhere halfway between a cheap crack and a touch of premium. The package looks luxurious, but with only common content. The great thing is that most standard eartips fit to the C3, they don't have a problem even with the longer Spinfits CP100, only most of foam tips don't fit. The charging case looks usually, but even though it has 2 different colored LEDs, it has no indication of the current battery charge status. When opened, the lid wobbles like an old garbage, but on closer inspection I found that fortunately the entire hinge is metal, so not as bad as it looks. There is only micro USB, but it should support wireless charging. The inscription on the lid of the case promises a battery capacity of 1000mAh, but according to my measurement, the real capacity is a ridiculous 380mAh/5V and that seems not enough for a case with dimensions of 70x45x33 mm. I was a little skeptical about the strange pear-shaped earbuds, but I have to admit that such a comfortable and at the same time secure fit in my ear could be envied by many IEMs, as soon as you push them in your ear, they don't move here and don't protrude significantly from your ears like some others TWE. Whizzer probably wanted to save money even on the print, therefore the channel marker is only on the right earbud :) The battery capacity of the buds is not mentioned anywhere by the manufacturer, but according to my measurement, 60mAh comes out on each side and therefore the endurance per charge is solid. At a comfortable volume and without switching the master bud C3 played continuously for 5 hours in stereo with AptX, while over 50% of the capacity still remained on the slave earbud. Both are then fully charged in 75 minutes. It's stupid that they will only alert you about the discharge by flashing LEDs, then just stop playing and turn off himself. How much is Whizer "careful" during testing (if any tested at all) is obvious by the fact that although their official name is COOPBUDS C3, it will connect to the devices as CONPBUDS C3 :) The biggest disappointment for me is the absence of the promised volume control, I need this feature and without it I would never bought it! When I wrote to the seller about it, instead of apologizing, he replied me "the volume control means that control the volume on your phone". I don't like when someone makes a fool of me and I still can't forgive to the official Whizzer seller on AliExpress for the strange business tricks, when he writing fake anonymous reviews himself to improve the rating of his goods, he has already written more than 400 of fake reviews for C3! Whizzer should instead spend their time to checking and correctly describing their goods.
But that doesn't belong here, so let's talk about the sound, it definitely pleased me more on the C3. There is one 10mm dynamic driver on each side and it can be felt! There is no compensation hole anywhere, maybe due to IPX protection, so the C3 is not only extremely loud, but also overly bassy. On C3, no one will complain about the boring sound, it's like a wild animal! On the FR graph you can see the madness compared to TrueDots, which are in themselves considered bass heavy TWE for someone. It might seem like a disaster, but it's not true. It's a typical V-shaped sound, but fortunately the used driver is one of the better. Even with such accentuated bass, the vocals sounds very pleasant, as well as the trebles, which even offers plenty of details. Although probably a little simplified, but clean enough. I just still feel like I'm wearing big headphones and not only small earbuds. I listen mostly to rock, metal, electronics and in some songs from groups like Breaking Benjamin, Asking Alexandria, Shinedown etc. this C3 sounds in critical faster places a bit better, than otherwise great TrueDots, or even often some overcombined wired hybrids, such as TRN V90. I can clearly hear every kick in the drum and cymbal punches, even with enough reverberation, really like how the drums and percussions sounds on C3. The guitars and vocals have a powerful drive and enough space, nothing squeaks anywhere, no annoying piercings. Of course, quantitatively there are more basses than everyone need, but tanks to this I can listen to the C3 even at a lower volume with enough energy. To me C3 make bass more pleasant and interesting compare to TrueDot thanks to the overall composition with the trebles. C3s definitely do not have as too dark or warm sound as stock TrueDot (QCC3020). The sound isn't audiophilic, it's a bit simplified somewhere, sometimes you may feel a lack of mids, but it's dangerously addictive, fun and musical. I would be afraid to recommend them to everyone and Whizzer definitely doesn't deserve advertising for them, but if you're a bass-loving rocker, that sound will get you. Personally I like that sound and with C3 finding that I'm already using wired IEM less and less!
C3vsTD_stock.png IMG_20200515_115227.jpg IMG_20200515_115451.jpg

May 15, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #22,041 of 62,494
looks like my galaxy buds have died on me. the left bud is extremely low volume, almost no sound at all, and every thing i've tried (careful cleaning of every ingress, hard reset, software update) hasn't helped. it has been close to a year.

i got the Shanling MTW100 as a cheap tws in the meantime (and it does have a Knowles BA in it, which is nice), the issue i'm having with it is the stem and tips are all very short, too short in fact for me to get a good seal, and almost every other tip i've tried on them that would be long enough makes them not fit in the case. i'm trying them with the tips from the galaxy buds, which might be just barely long enough to get a seal and just barely short enough to work in the case, but they are tips that i'm not a huge fan of in the first place, the hole is strangely super small.

that was me, hifigo just finally shipped them out yesterday, so it'll still be a bit till they get here.
Any update on the S90s?

May 15, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #22,042 of 62,494
Hey guys,
I’m considering Fiil T1x for buying and would like to know if they can compete with AirPods from sound quality perspective?
Thanks in advance.

The Fiil TX1 sounds much better than either the AirPods or AirPods Pro. I own all 3 and it isn't even close on sound quality. That being said, I still use both AirPods more than the FiiL due to the convenience factor.

May 15, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #22,043 of 62,494
JVC with a little sports model...

They are BT5.0 Class1, IP55, and 4 hour battery. They don't have ambient mode but use ambient tips if you so choose. Might want to wait for the price to drop some from the $79.95 list price but might be a good workout pair when $50 or less if they put a good sounding driver in it.

So, we got a Gamesky review of these...

Great sound is good. Cool that we see it is quite easy to slide those ear guides on. Not bad that you can use it four ways, naked, with fins, with just ear guides, and with both fins and earguides. USB C is not a big deal to me at all. Phones are about USB C but clip MP3's, my Legacy BT headphones and even MP3 pocket speaker radios with BL5C batteries all still entrenched so I am majority Micro USB still. Price is still better at $50 to $59 than $79. @$79 they should have aptX and perhaps a couple hours more on the battery. Buttons also may be an issue but perhaps they work fine with the thumb forefinger pinch so one doesn't have to push straight in.

Don't agree that they are "priced right" according to him. maybe better than the Sony XB700 $130 price tag but not a deal or real value till later on. Also surprisingly great sound needs some context vs. other thing like the Sony, Z1, T1X etc. that he liked the sound of.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #22,045 of 62,494
What's the deal with the supplies and pricing of the Fiil T1X anyway? They're $50 on Amazon.com but here in the UK they're no longer listed and all the prices from China are like £60+. Guessing it's just Corona related/hype around them, bit annoying though.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #22,046 of 62,494
(1) TW with ANC - I think, since I love the Momentum True Wireless so much, that the MTW2 might be the best choice for you after what you said above. From what I have read, they're kind of a cross between the MTW and the N6P. They will likely be my next purchase. My original MTW transparency mode is more important to me than ANC, since the passive isolation is pretty decent, but it's not as good as the Air Pods Pro transparency mode which is louder than the mTW and, well, more transparent. I almost always use my Air Pods Pro in transparency mode, and rarely use the ANC.

(2) Regarding JH Audio BT: The 2-pin JHA cable is great on my JH 13 pro, but with my 2-pin JH16 pro freqphase the midrange gets all congested and muddy sounding with the same 2-pin BT. I'm told the new 4-pin JH16Pro V2 get along great with the 4-pin BT, while the 2-pin isn't made for the impedance load of the older JH16Pro freqphase.

With the JHA 4-pin BT cable on my Roxanne I often use the bass-reducer EQ in my iPhone, and then the wireless Roxanne are great at any volume. But, at low volumes the Roxanne bass is very controlled with the 4-pin BT cable, and it's not so bad without EQ.

(3) This is unlike my refurbished Jabra 75t that arrived today, and have bass that is Waaaay overblown! I MUST LISTEN TO JABRA 75t WITH "BASS REDUCER" or "SPOKEN WORD" type of EQ. I didn't make it through one song before I went to install the Jabra app to try their EQ, after I tried listening.

But the app wanted to update the firmware and said the battery was too low. The case battery and the right earbud were full charge (green) but the left one was red, after shipping to me with the buds in the case, so I'm not sure why the left bud was red-battery if it was playing music after pairing. After 5-10 minutes in the case with the USB-C plugged in, the left is now "orange". After 15 minutes both were green, so I'm downloading the firmware now.

[edit - hope I wasn't premature, iPhone reports battery at 70% during firmware update]

Dude, thanks for the awesome advice! I'm definitely going to pick up the MTW2

Sounds like you love JH too :) I listen to my Lola's ALL THE TIME... I'm using the 2.5mm balanced cable, going into my HiBy R6 Pro, or into the balanced on my iFi xDSD. My next big purchase will be some custom IEM's. I'd originally thought of getting the top of the line JH (Layla?) but I might branch out - there are so many other options out there.

I should prob just sell my JH bluetooth cable. I love the form factor but I just can't get into the heavy bass. By the way, thanks for the "bass warning" on the Jabra 75's - I was just listening to my 65's today and pondering whether I should grab the 75's. Sounds like they wouldn't be a good fit for mr.

Anyway, thanks again. I switched to some foam tips on the XM3's today and they sound maybe a little bit better but it really sounds like the MTW2 is gonna be what I'm looking for

May 15, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #22,047 of 62,494
3x Fill T1X
Nuarl N6 pro
1more ANC
Mpow M5
Tranya B530
Ofusho F16
Samsung Galaxy Buds
Samsung Galaxy Buds plus
Tronsmart Spunky Beats
Cleer Ally
Mifo07
2x QCY T1C
Sabbat E12 ultra
Tronsmart Onyx Ace (still on the way)
Yeah I am beyond help. I also have 3x bt20s, 1x bt20, 2x bt3s and Kz AptX HD bluetooth cable. Not to forget that I have more than 30 wired IEMs too. :sweat_smile:

I understand brother! We don't judge here.

May 15, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #22,048 of 62,494
tip roll.jpg

Got the new Nuraloop in today. Really loving the dynamic sound. I had to do a bit of tip rolling as the supplied tips were quite bad. They let the earphones sit so close to the ear they were uncomfortable.

May 15, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #22,049 of 62,494
tip roll.jpg

Got the new Nuraloop in today. Really loving the dynamic sound. I had to do a bit of tip rolling as the supplied tips were quite bad. They let the earphones sit so close to the ear they were uncomfortable.
Care to comment on sq compared to your tws? I realize the sq is personalized but these interest me if sq is exceptional.

May 16, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #22,050 of 62,494
Care to comment on sq compared to your tws? I realize the sq is personalized but these interest me if sq is exceptional.
I think they're all around better than the TWS. The bass is a basshead's dream for wireless. Tight and sharp, even without the personal setup turned on. I think the Nuraloop is almost better than the Nuraphones in sound quality. It is in portability. I would suggest a tip roll for the Nuraloop. Good tips can be found that fit, unlike the Nuraphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back