Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 17, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #22,066 of 62,084
Dont know much about this company but its nice to see some innovation. Anyone familiar with they stuff? Any details on these?

I haven't tried their gear but OBravo seems to be a boutique Taiwanese audio company.

They did release the OBravo Cupid recently (IEM) which was reviewed here on headfi quite positively.

May 17, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #22,068 of 62,084
I have been looking at getting the Nuarl N6 Pro after looking through the earlier posts in the thread, but I am wondering if there are any other possible options at that price range I can compare against.
I know that there's the MW07+ and the MTW2, but those are well above the price range I feel comfortable paying for.

May 17, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #22,069 of 62,084
I have been looking at getting the Nuarl N6 Pro after looking through the earlier posts in the thread, but I am wondering if there are any other possible options at that price range I can compare against.
I know that there's the MW07+ and the MTW2, but those are well above the price range I feel comfortable paying for.
in that range, i'd look at the anker L2p, sennheiser Momentum 1st gen, lypertek tevi, Cambridge Audio Melomania 1.

May 17, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #22,070 of 62,084
Looking through those, the Lypertek Tevi looks kinda good. Thanks for the suggestions man, I'll take some time to stew over these.
Do you have any opinions in terms of how the N6 Pro performs for it's price? Strangely enough, most of the opinions/reviews I can find in english are mostly concentrated within this thread, the majority otherwise seem to be in chinese.

May 17, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #22,071 of 62,084
Looking through those, the Lypertek Tevi looks kinda good. Thanks for the suggestions man, I'll take some time to stew over these.
Do you have any opinions in terms of how the N6 Pro performs for it's price? Strangely enough, most of the opinions/reviews I can find in english are mostly concentrated within this thread, the majority otherwise seem to be in chinese.

Hey man, too bad we are still on lockdown and you can't just head over to Jaben and Stereo to try both!

For it's price, the Tevi is really bang for your buck! To my ears, the N6 Pro has a move refined presentation, has better bass impact - but at twice the price. If you can still wait, I suggest that you audition both first before purchasing.

May 17, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #22,072 of 62,084
No problem. The Tevi's are a great choice imo. AS far as the N6 Pro being worth $162? i really think they are worth that price. YMMV of course, but heres a break down of them. Some of this you've probably seen if you've read through posts since January. Things they don't have. ANC, Transparency mode, a higher IP rating than some, but still IP4. Each can be used in mono but also has full controls on each iem. playback, assistent, answer and end calls, track navigation, volume control. 11 hour battery life. AAC and APTX and probably SBC but can't remember for sure. even the stock tips they come with are pretty good, plus they add some spinfit 360s as well.
Great instrument separation, detail retrieval and decent soundstage. placement of instruments is much better than i would have thought for the price. plenty of bass that gets tighter the mor you use them. Treble also smooths out after a while. They are a tad harsh initially, but not that bad imo. To echo some of what others have said, i have heard wired iems that cost much mor than these sound objectively worse with a good fit.

May 17, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #22,073 of 62,084
Hey man, too bad we are still on lockdown and you can't just head over to Jaben and Stereo to try both!

For it's price, the Tevi is really bang for your buck! To my ears, the N6 Pro has a move refined presentation, has better bass impact - but at twice the price. If you can still wait, I suggest that you audition both first before purchasing.

Indeed the lockdown's a bummer but eh what can we do?

I'm still leaning a bit more to the N6 Pro right now, but here's hoping that the lockdown will end soon so I can test both in person. Or my patience runs out fast enough that I end up with both coming in the mail anyway. :p

No problem. The Tevi's are a great choice imo. AS far as the N6 Pro being worth $162? i really think they are worth that price. YMMV of course, but heres a break down of them. Some of this you've probably seen if you've read through posts since January. Things they don't have. ANC, Transparency mode, a higher IP rating than some, but still IP4. Each can be used in mono but also has full controls on each iem. playback, assistent, answer and end calls, track navigation, volume control. 11 hour battery life. AAC and APTX and probably SBC but can't remember for sure. even the stock tips they come with are pretty good, plus they add some spinfit 360s as well.
Great instrument separation, detail retrieval and decent soundstage. placement of instruments is much better than i would have thought for the price. plenty of bass that gets tighter the mor you use them. Treble also smooths out after a while. They are a tad harsh initially, but not that bad imo. To echo some of what others have said, i have heard wired iems that cost much mor than these sound objectively worse with a good fit.

That is sounding more like the kind of sound I'd like in a headphone. Regarding the ANC though, does the N6 Pro's sound isolation work well enough to do without it? The earlier posts mentioned that and how it blocked out sound for the most part even without ANC.

May 17, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #22,074 of 62,084
You will want the Haylou GT1 PLUS not pro not vanilla not anything else.
Better than QCYs i have t1c and T5 for me because more balance, less shouty with great details and nice bass texture.
But the haylou volume level is not loud enough for me at 90%, and 100% too distorded, sounded like the drivers are working too hard.

And spunky beats i well regarded and bartig/scarbir also recommended them but this is from his blog 2 months ago on haylou GT1 plus review
Screenshot_20200517-094609~2.png

And now im curious about KZ Z1 because some reviewers who love the GT1 Plus said the Z1 have better sound quality (with a lot of cons lile 2.5 batt life, AAC only no APTX, no mentioned of IP rating etc)

Thanks! Seems scarbir recommend them. I'll wait for a good deal on them.

May 17, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #22,075 of 62,084

I'm still leaning a bit more to the N6 Pro right now, but here's hoping that the lockdown will end soon so I can test both in person. Or my patience runs out fast enough that I end up with both coming in the mail anyway. :p

That is sounding more like the kind of sound I'd like in a headphone. Regarding the ANC though, does the N6 Pro's sound isolation work well enough to do without it? The earlier posts mentioned that and how it blocked out sound for the most part even without ANC.

Yeah, better to be safe than sorry! But hey, if you have the budget, purchasing both is still worth it (IMO). But if you can still wait till 1 June, then you might be able to save more 😀

When I auditioned the N6 Pro, I had to switch to Spinfits to get a good seal. The default tips didn't really make the N6 Pro sit well in my ears. But as with all tips, YMMV - but another good excuse for you to try it in-store 1st before purchasing.

May 17, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #22,076 of 62,084
I've been listening to Whizzer C3 for more then a week now and I still don't know if I love or hate them more. Everything is somewhere halfway between a cheap crack and a touch of premium. The package looks luxurious, but with only common content. The great thing is that most standard eartips fit to the C3, they don't have a problem even with the longer Spinfits CP100, only most of foam tips don't fit. The charging case looks usually, but even though it has 2 different colored LEDs, it has no indication of the current battery charge status. When opened, the lid wobbles like an old garbage, but on closer inspection I found that fortunately the entire hinge is metal, so not as bad as it looks. There is only micro USB, but it should support wireless charging. The inscription on the lid of the case promises a battery capacity of 1000mAh, but according to my measurement, the real capacity is a ridiculous 380mAh/5V and that seems not enough for a case with dimensions of 70x45x33 mm. I was a little skeptical about the strange pear-shaped earbuds, but I have to admit that such a comfortable and at the same time secure fit in my ear could be envied by many IEMs, as soon as you push them in your ear, they don't move here and don't protrude significantly from your ears like some others TWE. Whizzer probably wanted to save money even on the print, therefore the channel marker is only on the right earbud :) The battery capacity of the buds is not mentioned anywhere by the manufacturer, but according to my measurement, 60mAh comes out on each side and therefore the endurance per charge is solid. At a comfortable volume and without switching the master bud C3 played continuously for 5 hours in stereo with AptX, while over 50% of the capacity still remained on the slave earbud. Both are then fully charged in 75 minutes. It's stupid that they will only alert you about the discharge by flashing LEDs, then just stop playing and turn off himself. How much is Whizer "careful" during testing (if any tested at all) is obvious by the fact that although their official name is COOPBUDS C3, it will connect to the devices as CONPBUDS C3 :) The biggest disappointment for me is the absence of the promised volume control, I need this feature and without it I would never bought it! When I wrote to the seller about it, instead of apologizing, he replied me "the volume control means that control the volume on your phone". I don't like when someone makes a fool of me and I still can't forgive to the official Whizzer seller on AliExpress for the strange business tricks, when he writing fake anonymous reviews himself to improve the rating of his goods, he has already written more than 400 of fake reviews for C3! Whizzer should instead spend their time to checking and correctly describing their goods.
But that doesn't belong here, so let's talk about the sound, it definitely pleased me more on the C3. There is one 10mm dynamic driver on each side and it can be felt! There is no compensation hole anywhere, maybe due to IPX protection, so the C3 is not only extremely loud, but also overly bassy. On C3, no one will complain about the boring sound, it's like a wild animal! On the FR graph you can see the madness compared to TrueDots, which are in themselves considered bass heavy TWE for someone. It might seem like a disaster, but it's not true. It's a typical V-shaped sound, but fortunately the used driver is one of the better. Even with such accentuated bass, the vocals sounds very pleasant, as well as the trebles, which even offers plenty of details. Although probably a little simplified, but clean enough. I just still feel like I'm wearing big headphones and not only small earbuds. I listen mostly to rock, metal, electronics and in some songs from groups like Breaking Benjamin, Asking Alexandria, Shinedown etc. this C3 sounds in critical faster places a bit better, than otherwise great TrueDots, or even often some overcombined wired hybrids, such as TRN V90. I can clearly hear every kick in the drum and cymbal punches, even with enough reverberation, really like how the drums and percussions sounds on C3. The guitars and vocals have a powerful drive and enough space, nothing squeaks anywhere, no annoying piercings. Of course, quantitatively there are more basses than everyone need, but tanks to this I can listen to the C3 even at a lower volume with enough energy. To me C3 make bass more pleasant and interesting compare to TrueDot thanks to the overall composition with the trebles. C3s definitely do not have as too dark or warm sound as stock TrueDot (QCC3020). The sound isn't audiophilic, it's a bit simplified somewhere, sometimes you may feel a lack of mids, but it's dangerously addictive, fun and musical. I would be afraid to recommend them to everyone and Whizzer definitely doesn't deserve advertising for them, but if you're a bass-loving rocker, that sound will get you. Personally I like that sound and with C3 finding that I'm already using wired IEM less and less!
C3vsTD_stock.png IMG_20200515_115227.jpg IMG_20200515_115451.jpg

Great impressions. It was a hard read without paragraphs though, I had to narrow my browser window to make the review one long tall but narrow column, in order to track each line to the next.

Hey guys,
I’m considering Fiil T1x for buying and would like to know if they can compete with AirPods from sound quality perspective?
Thanks in advance.

I should have some impressions coming this week.

Dude, thanks for the awesome advice! I'm definitely going to pick up the MTW2

Sounds like you love JH too :) I listen to my Lola's ALL THE TIME... I'm using the 2.5mm balanced cable, going into my HiBy R6 Pro, or into the balanced on my iFi xDSD. My next big purchase will be some custom IEM's. I'd originally thought of getting the top of the line JH (Layla?) but I might branch out - there are so many other options out there.

I should prob just sell my JH bluetooth cable. I love the form factor but I just can't get into the heavy bass. By the way, thanks for the "bass warning" on the Jabra 75's - I was just listening to my 65's today and pondering whether I should grab the 75's. Sounds like they wouldn't be a good fit for mr.

Anyway, thanks again. I switched to some foam tips on the XM3's today and they sound maybe a little bit better but it really sounds like the MTW2 is gonna be what I'm looking for

I love my Roxanna with my Moon-Audio balanced Black Dragon cable and CEntrance balanced BlueDAC. I still have yet to try them balanced with my Fiio BTR5. I have a CEntrance HiFiM8 V2 balanced amp on the way, and I should have time to compare then. I've listened to all of the JH Audio universal fit demo's at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest each year, and I still think the Roxanna are my favorite, with the JH 16 Pro V2 being their best bang for the buck.

My 2009 JH13 pro are fantastic sounding, but if I was new to buying their IEM and I could afford to move up to the JH 16 Pro V2 I would, which gives them a richer more lifelike midrange. I didn't think the more expensive models were better than the Roxanne on a good amp, just different. But, the Roxanne do need to be amp'd while my JH 13 Pro and JH 16 Pro freqphase are easier to drive unamped with an iPhone. You should try a "bass reducer" EQ before you sell the JHA BT cable.

As for the Jabra 75t, after just 4 hours of use the bass is a slightly less bloated and slightly better controlled, but not nearly as good as the tight punchy bass on the MTW1. But they do EQ well with the Jabra app, and I am currently using the "Speech" EQ setting to smooth them out and tame the bass, while letting them still kick hard. The treble booster setting tames the bass below the flat line, but also bumps the treble too much - but you can adjust the preset EQ's to your tastes and save the new setting as a custom preset. Once I saved a custom preset EQ I was unable to remove it. I might have to delete the iOS app to delete the settings if I wanted to start over again.

My understanding is that the MTW2 have a little less bass than the MTW1 and and don't sound as dark, while still having controlled bass. My Sennheiser app EQ works pretty well without distortion, although making it harder to fix deficiencies due to the way the EQ changes are programmed. You pick a frequency region to raise or lower relative to the the others, but can't do as much with it as with a 5-band or 10-band EQ. Fortunately, for the MTW you can easily add a smidge of treble and leave it alone, and I'd guess that if the MTW2 need more bass that would be pretty easy too.

I can listen to the MTW1 all day without any EQ, same with my N6P, although It doesn't hurt to sometimes add a tiny bit of treble with the MTW1 to add clarity in dark recordings, or remove a tiny bit of treble in the N6P for certain harsh recordings. But, so far the Jabra 75t require me to use their App's EQ to tame the bass - and the speech mode does that. Despite "speech" EQ cutting the highest treble down as well, I don't seem to miss the treble.

I do like the Jabra 75t "hear-through" setting that my N6P are missing, but that brings noticeable hiss to the background between songs. The MTW1 transparency mode volume is not as loud as the 75t hear-through mode, so to hear my wife calling me while using the MTW1 I have to play my music at a lower volume than when using the 75t or Air Pods Pro. My Air Pods Pro transparency is the best of the 3, but I have read that the MTW2 has an improved transparency mode that is better than MTW1. I don't know if it keeps up with the APP until I get a pair.

...snip...That is sounding more like the kind of sound I'd like in a headphone. Regarding the ANC though, does the N6 Pro's sound isolation work well enough to do without it? The earlier posts mentioned that and how it blocked out sound for the most part even without ANC.

As for ANC, the N6P do passively isolate a bit more than the MTW, but the MTW isolation is good enough that I was able to use them on a few plane flights last October, December, and January. I would miss transparency mode more than missing ANC, especially since N6P are so quiet.

May 17, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #22,077 of 62,084
This is perhaps a very specialized question. but with the whole focus on teleconferencing and whanot, I've been looking for a neckband-style wireless earphone. My main issue with TWS like galaxy buds and wf xm3 were that they are hard for "one ear" use and I risked losing them if they drop off my ear. Are there any good ones around? Hoping for USB C charging so I won't need to have another cable.

May 17, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #22,078 of 62,084
With the latest update for the original galaxy buds + spinfit 360 tips + dynamic EQ in the galaxy app, the galaxy buds treble and mids sound remarkably similar to the nuarl n6 pro. The bass on the galaxy buds are a tad boomier while the bass on the n6 pro is tighter. The original galaxy buds are pretty cheap right now as it is an older product, so it might be worth a try as well.

Last edited:
May 17, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #22,079 of 62,084

not at Etymotic level, but they're better than say the OG MTW for sure. I don't have the Tevi anymore to compare and i sold the L2P when i got the N6 Pro. With music even at a lower volume i get sufficient isolation on a noisy bus. Of course that was months ago at this point lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back