Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 10, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #21,931 of 62,963
Another interesting finding with my buds +.

I got my father in law a pair which he asked me to return as he also owns hearing aids and doesn't want to swap them out.

Anyways. I tried his for fun connected to my phone. Same tips and wings and same settings.

Well my pair has substantially more deep bass.

Don't know why tried swapping his tips to mine and vice versa. His tips seemed slightly different in that the fit was harder to put on maybe because they were new and mine are nearly 3 weeks old.

So not sure if this is a batch thing as his serial was a bit newer than mine or if there is some break in on mine which really improved the bass.

I say this only because some people have knocked these buds as bass light. I agree compared to L2P, but there was really good bass on mine e and so so bass on his. So give the buds some time and burn in. Or try exchanging them if you find the bass lacking after 2 weeks of use.

Just checking, but do both your unit and your father in law's have the exact same EQ setting on the app? Because TWS like these usually store their EQ changes on the unit, so it will sound as they previously EQd even when connecting it to other phones

May 10, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #21,932 of 62,963
Yes. Both on dynamic both using galaxy note 8 with Dolby atmos on in music setting with stock Samsung equalizer set flat.
I set his earbuds up for him and had set it to dynamic. I'm not sure he even used them. I think he decided earbuds are not for him not specifically these,but any

May 10, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #21,934 of 62,963
Yes. Both on dynamic both using galaxy note 8 with Dolby atmos on in music setting with stock Samsung equalizer set flat.
I set his earbuds up for him and had set it to dynamic. I'm not sure he even used them. I think he decided earbuds are not for him not specifically these,but any

if both are on the same exact firmware and using the same exact eartips size and type, but still differs in sound, then we could conclude that there's difference in production. that's a bit concerning, because my two units of older Gbuds sound the same. both my XM3s also have no difference in sound between both of them

May 10, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #21,935 of 62,963
if both are on the same exact firmware and using the same exact eartips size and type, but still differs in sound, then we could conclude that there's difference in production. that's a bit concerning, because my two units of older Gbuds sound the same. both my XM3s also have no difference in sound between both of them
Well there are 2 possibilities. If one is a later manufacture date then it is possible that they made a subtle change to the tuning of the bass driver.

Or maybe since I have used my buds filler the past 3 weeks maybe 40 hours that these have broken in a bit and it has changed the bass performance.

Neither sound bad. Just one has more prominent lows.

May 10, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #21,936 of 62,963
Well there are 2 possibilities. If one is a later manufacture date then it is possible that they made a subtle change to the tuning of the bass driver.

Or maybe since I have used my buds filler the past 3 weeks maybe 40 hours that these have broken in a bit and it has changed the bass performance.

Neither sound bad. Just one has more prominent lows.

Could be either, like you said. :)

May 10, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #21,937 of 62,963
Just got my new GBuds+ and I am really enjoying it. Very nice ambiance mode, a huge upgrade from the original one. It doesn't sound robotic and less hiss. Also it is much louder too. The sound is very similar to the original with slightly more impact on bass and less edgy on the treble. Otherwise, they are pretty identical in sound, fit and build.
Connected to my S20+, it sounds good, but connected to my laptop, I can hear a little bit of crackle (low bitrate). Maybe it because when connected to my S20+, it uses a better codec than when connected to my windows laptop.
I find the gbuds+ have a thinner mid-range than the original gbuds, I prefer the sound of the fuller sounding gbuds. The ambiance mode on the gbuds+ are much better though.

May 11, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #21,940 of 62,963
Aukey EPT10 is my best experience on sound of tws sample I ever listen or try: sony xm3, senn mwt, B&o e8 2,3, jabra65t,

I must clairify using condition:
Galaxy note8.
Uapp parametric eq as below(in case using graphic eq of the uapp, even closest bands are set, sound is much blurry than that of Peq).

My dap SP1000 is loser in bluetooth fighting, even it pair to any above tws(*)

I dont mean galaxy note8 did a big thing here. In fact it is crappyyyy sounding device!
I dont mean EPT10 is a beautiful sound tw neigther.
(EPT10 has bload bass sounding, worst on note8 and may be many other samsungs. For iphone, or daps, bass is tighter but overly driven)
I mean when can find all potential of a thing it can makes dream come true.
SP1000 eq does not work on bluetooth headphones.

Screenshot_20200511-150308_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

May 11, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #21,941 of 62,963
Are they both on the newest firmware update? The bass seems deeper in the latest update, while highs are not as shrill, but for me the ambient mode has been ruined (they now cancel wind noise aggressively but other sounds cause the feed to pan left and right)

My biggest gripe with the Buds+ is that they sound poor with SBC codec, which I'm stuck with when using Windows 10. The problem isn't the codec itself but either a poor implementation or a low default bitrate. It would be nice if LineageOS or Linux users can confirm whether SBC XQ is able to improve the quality. They are still usable for general usage (such as videos or gaming, although connection can be spotty when under a heavy load), but it seems to me like Samsung can't be bothered to make it sound good outside of mobile devices with Scalable or AAC.

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #21,942 of 62,963
Hey guys,

Sorry if I missed but I went back for a while but couldn't find any information. What's our current value champ? I found the old champs qcy t1c or ssk but couldn't find a recent one. It would be great if you can recommene a couple under 50$. In the country I live in Amazon is super expensive so it would be great if it's from AliExpress or if they are widely available around the world like xiaomi, Anker etc.

Thanks in advance
You guys are the best :)

May 11, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #21,943 of 62,963
Sorry if I missed but I went back for a while but couldn't find any information. What's our current value champ? I found the old champs qcy t1c or ssk but couldn't find a recent one. It would be great if you can recommene a couple under 50$. In the country I live in Amazon is super expensive so it would be great if it's from AliExpress or if they are widely available around the world like xiaomi, Anker etc.
There is no champion, especially among the cheaper ones. It depends on what you listen to and what you expect from TWE, what the functions and endurance are supposed to have :)

May 11, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #21,944 of 62,963
Are they both on the newest firmware update? The bass seems deeper in the latest update, while highs are not as shrill, but for me the ambient mode has been ruined (they now cancel wind noise aggressively but other sounds cause the feed to pan left and right)

My biggest gripe with the Buds+ is that they sound poor with SBC codec, which I'm stuck with when using Windows 10. The problem isn't the codec itself but either a poor implementation or a low default bitrate. It would be nice if LineageOS or Linux users can confirm whether SBC XQ is able to improve the quality. They are still usable for general usage (such as videos or gaming, although connection can be spotty when under a heavy load), but it seems to me like Samsung can't be bothered to make it sound good outside of mobile devices with Scalable or AAC.
I will check but I believe I am on the same firmware for both of them. also to reiterate I am using a Samsung phone so I am using their scalable codec. Maybe the people were complaining of it sounding tinny with poor base overly harsh treble are on SBC.

May 11, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #21,945 of 62,963
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance
You guys are the best :)

You can check Scarbir for reviews (he does it by price bracket so that probably is even more relevant) but IMHO the "new" Soundpeats Truedots (the one with AptX) aren't too shabby for what they're going at.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back