Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 20, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #2,056 of 62,214
Thanks for sharing. The Gizmodo review has me worried as I mentioned that the buds drop out of some people's ears.
On another note, I just got my shipping notification :)

Was literally just typing to say I got mine too :D ! Will be really interested to try em out - I might get the MW07 to test too and send back whichever I least prefer, and if they both pan out close to specs battery-life wise.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #2,057 of 62,214
Was literally just typing to say I got mine too :D ! Will be really interested to try em out - I might get the MW07 to test too and send back whichever I least prefer, and if they both pan out close to specs battery-life wise.
Hahah, I will admit, I am thinking the same too. For me at the end of the day are three things:

1. Sound Quality
2. Comfort
3. Battery life

Given the M&Ds have bigger drivers, possibly they have better sound. As for the bass-heavy sound, an EQ tweak may help. However, if comfort is bad, I will return them. I used to have the Bose QC35, Sony WH-100XM2 and Bowers & Wilkins PX. The PX had the best sound but returned all due to comfort issues.

Nov 20, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #2,058 of 62,214
The mw07 is $75 off at Best Buy right now. Battery life might be tough but that's a great price for these.
To be precise $239 with NJ tax, black ones.

Picked them up yesterday evening so didn’t have much time to play, but here’re some thoughts vs 65t:

* Fit/Isolation –65t fit instantaneously in my ears with large stock tips and excellent isolation and stability. With mw07 I’m still struggling between various size stock tips and ridged fins. So far I settled on large fins and large tips and this combo stays secure. But when I push the earbuds in, sound changes for the better – fuller, less bright. That’s main indication of bad fit/isolation. I’ll play later today with XL tips and non-stock tips I have lying around.

* SQ – Very preliminary and with fingers pushing mw07 deeper into my ear canals. First I found there’s no need to EQ mw017, while I keep Jabras EQed on a W signature. Funny thing that switching between the two I still enjoy how 65t sound, it’s not like mw07 totally destroys them. In fact I grew even more to appreciate 65t for what they are at their price point. But mw07, man, oh man! Never thought that single dynamic driver TW will come so close in sound signature to my beloved wired Westone 4 with their quadruple BAs. What strikes immediately vs Jabras is clarity and detail, especially in highs, and a much wider, and I would say deeper, soundstage. Jabars still don’t sound muddy to me, but mw07 are just so much cleaner. Then there’s balance and tuning. Jabras have relatively distant mids/vocals and a bit too much recessed highs, so I have to bump both in EQ. No such thing with mw07, everything is in almost perfect proportion and doesn’t jump on one another. Almost… If anything on some tracks treble may come up too hot and there’s occasional sibilance in female vocals. At first listen bass seemed comparable between both but then I realized that mw07 bass is more nuanced and detailed and doesn’t bleed into mids. But again only stresses how 65t bass is decent to begin with. For general sound signature I would say that relative to each other mw07 seems more “urgent” while 65t sound warmer and more laid back. Maybe even more enjoyable on certain types of energetic music you listen at the gym to pump yourself up like Techno, Death Metal and so on. But mw07 especially shine on complex, operatic and symphonic types, not needlessly just classical music, but something like even Metallica, Muze, etc. Vocal music, whether jazz or pop, is substantially better rendered on mw07. As far as I can remember E8 they sound overall closer to mw07 league but more “weak”, less dynamic and powerful.

* Looks/Quality – mw07 definitely look and feel richer, made of more solid materials. That applies to both buds themselves, no creeks on mw07, and obviously to the charging cases – polished metal vs dour plastic. Mw07 case is a little bigger and heavier though. Still I’d say it’s on a smaller side and easily goes into front pant pockets. But if you leave possibility of returning mw07 keep the case in supplied pouch. It’s a magnet for scratches and fingerprints. In the looks department I surprisingly liked black color of mw07, seems understated in a classy way. Surprisingly, at least to me, flat mw07 look less bulky when wearing them than 65t which stick out like some spherical blobs.

* Pairing/Connection – Pairing process is a huge win for mw07. No pushing on both buttons like with Jabras, just take both buds out of the case and see “MW07” appear in you phone’s BT device scan. My experience is with Galaxy S8 and with iPad Air (2nd gen), both running latest available versions of Android and iOS. Where mw07 are worse is that they remember connection to only one device at a time. Jabra stores two. That makes it annoying to switch between devices with mw07. I didn’t have chance to test well mw07 connection but in a short time at the gym and at home I didn’t have any drops.

* Interface/Ergonomics – I like real buttons on both. Especially fond of dedicated volume rockers. Probably because mw07 locates buttons on top it’s less prone to pushing them by mistake as with 65t. On the other hand mw07 buttons are smaller and harder to find. I also think that 65t implemented back/skip track better. Double/Triple button push on mw07 is more fiddly. I like that mw07 case has three light that show you the charge of both buds and the case itself without opening it. On the other hand Jabra buds confirm with lights their status in the case. With mw07 there’s no such feedback until you close the lid. Both cases don’t have magnetic guides to insert the buds, but it’s harder to misalign mw07 buds so they won’t charge like I had several times with Jabras. USB-C on mw07 case is also welcome.

* Battery – Still didn’t have a chance to put mw07 through the paces. With 65t I get 4+ hours easily. Lack of mw07 is annoying and not only because of no way to update fw. On Android it’s just impossible to see charge level of buds. You have to put them back into the case, close the lid and even then simply get a crude green-yellow-red indication.

* Misc - Volume wise both seem comparable, with 65t going a little louder. On pause both sound clean, no hiss, and I don’t hear any misbalance between left and right.

So far - if I’ll find proper fit/isolation combo and will confirm that it’s possible to get 3 hours on a charge I’ll keep mw07. Otherwise they are going back and I’m waiting for real impressions of Senns or just simply staying with 65t which I still love dearly.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #2,059 of 62,214
I don't think I'm going to bother with the Sennheiser anymore, I think i might just go back to Jabra Elite Active 65t. None of the earbuds I've had so far have warranted the price tags, even the MW07 at less than 3 hours usage, feel over priced. I am not getting the price equivalent of better sound at that price, compared to say the 65tActives.

They should tide me over until the release of better TWEs. I just hope I find some way of getting better fit with the Elite65ts

EDIT: can any one recommend replacement tips for the Jabra Elite Active 65t - the default ones make them feel difficult in the ears. I was thinking spinfit but they don't have a clear guide, I have the truly wireless comply but they're kinda meh

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #2,060 of 62,214
Hey guys, I’ve been reading this thread for a couple of days. Sorry in advance if it asked before. Is there anybody to give an idea for call quality of tw products. I’ve tried 65t, e8 and elite sport non of them satisfied particularly in noisy conditions. I received background noise complains from the opponent. The most satisfied tw is AirPods so far in term of call quality. Thanks!

Nov 20, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #2,061 of 62,214
I don't think I'm going to bother with the Sennheiser anymore, I think i might just go back to Jabra Elite Active 65t. None of the earbuds I've had so far have warranted the price tags, even the MW07 at less than 3 hours usage, feel over priced. I am not getting the price equivalent of better sound at that price, compared to say the 65tActives.

They should tide me over until the release of better TWEs. I just hope I find some way of getting better fit with the Elite65ts

EDIT: can any one recommend replacement tips for the Jabra Elite Active 65t - the default ones make them feel difficult in the ears. I was thinking spinfit but they don't have a clear guide, I have the truly wireless comply but they're kinda meh

It's hard to find tips that will fit the earbuds AND the case. The Comply Tsx-200 for instance work but badly muddy the sound in my case.

There was a tip posted here at the end of October to add a wide tip behind the official tip to improve the fit. I've tried and I'm not totally convinced. I wish Jabra provided XL tips, my right ear needs that :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #2,063 of 62,214
I feel so deprived, since I've never had a Jabra set that worked properly lol. If only...
Don't be. Jabras are good only as a package - they check most marks, even if each mark isn't the best. But it really funny, I had two pairs of 65t elites and none of them had anything close to what your copies were exhibiting. No matter how I tried to find hiss and lack of left-right balance. That's not to say that their silence is super clean, but it's not hiss, just a little of white noise above audible threshold. At least on my pairs.

Nov 20, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #2,064 of 62,214

Darn, I thought they might have shipped here already and I just didn't get the email yet. Thanks for the heads up!

On the plus side, here's a Gizmodo review that suggests Sennheiser TWs are better or at least equal to the MW07s.
Thanks for the link, another "review" to be taken with a grain of salt it seems (he's the guy who raved about how great the NC on the WF-1000x was last year...) and again, battery life not tested. Hopefully we'll have some more useful user feedback soon !

I stand corrected though, there IS a "transparent mode", the article says it's activated via the app, no word on whether there is a tap combo to that as well like on the Jabras (where you can choose to stop music automatically when you activate it), a must !

EDIT - yes, it works the same as on the Jabras per the manual on page 19 https://assets.sennheiser.com/global-downloads/file/11230/M3IETW_Manual_EN.pdf - good !

Nov 20, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #2,065 of 62,214
What are the chances of someone making an adaptor to plug in to our current IEM’s? Say an MMCX part that plugs in on both sides and converts a wired set in to true wireless. Maybe that would be too much to ask for, but it would be awesome.

Nov 20, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #2,066 of 62,214
Scroll up a few pages. It already exists.
What are the chances of someone making an adaptor to plug in to our current IEM’s? Say an MMCX part that plugs in on both sides and converts a wired set in to true wireless. Maybe that would be too much to ask for, but it would be awesome.

Nov 20, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #2,067 of 62,214

Already exist and is mentioned and pictured earlier in this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back