Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 19, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #2,026 of 61,355
This review has me questioning whether I should bother picking up the campfire vega. If the bass on these really is as good as they say (comparable to my IE80s which stopped working), I may just go with these for all purposes..

Seems like an unlikely cross shop... I would be shocked if the senns could even remotely compete with high end wired iems.

Nov 19, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #2,027 of 61,355
Hmm. Forbes says 4 hours at a charge. That's definitely worth a gander.
It's not like he tested it though. .."up to 4 hours" is per the specs and at one point in the "review" he says you're OK if you only plan on using them for 3 hours. Honestly this isn't much more than a glorified "walk-through" article where he's careful not to provide any specific comparisons, either to avoid any "issues" or because he doesn't have any on hand.

No word on whether there is an efficient Hear-Through mode either, this is really a must for an all-rounder. When it's absent or doesn't work well (like on the Sonys) you'll be pulling them out each time you have to interact with your environment and that's a chore.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #2,029 of 61,355
_

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #2,030 of 61,355
I just tried Pamu Scroll and can say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the sound out of it. Too bad I noticed delay when watching video and could hear some grain (maybe SBC compression artifact). The signature is pleasing, warm and smooth, boosted bass but just up until a point before it feels bloated. High is a bit roll-off I think.

Now I kinda have high hope for true wireless. The ATH can't come soon enough... :frowning2:

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #2,031 of 61,355
Thanks for the helpful comments, for me the true value of these truly wireless buds is for excerise (also a low profile and secure fit that’s not easily knocked out of the ear) If IPX4 is borderline I’m probably best sticking to the 65T’s for now. Pleasantly surprised with their SQ after mixed reviews. They could just do with a bit more grunt... just a bit.
Hopefully some exercise focused wireless buds will emerge soon that don’t compromise in sound quality. I suppose senheiser went down the sporty route with their wired BT workout headphones so maybe they will follow suite with their true wireless range

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #2,033 of 61,355
So, is there a general consensus of which currently released product of true wireless has the best audio quality? Is it the MW07? I have the Jabra active elite 65t and it has exceeded my expectations and is certainly acceptable for exercise.

But, searching for the best audio quality, MW07? Should I grab the Best Buy deal @ $225?

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #2,034 of 61,355
So, is there a general consensus of which currently released product of true wireless has the best audio quality? Is it the MW07? I have the Jabra active elite 65t and it has exceeded my expectations and is certainly acceptable for exercise.

But, searching for the best audio quality, MW07? Should I grab the Best Buy deal @ $225?

Yes or wait for the senns at 300. Or get both and return the one you like less.

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #2,035 of 61,355
Tough call here. I probably would not use the senns at 300 for “very sweaty workouts”. I sweat a lot and I’ve killed many a bt headset with higher rating than 4. Add 300 price tag and I think that’s a recipe for disaster.

Yeah, not to mention the "thump" each time your foot strikes the ground with tightly sealed IEMs. I've given up on TWS for running, I just use the Plantronics BackBeat FIT https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/plantronics/backbeat-fit - zero thumping, sweat cannot get to them and you stay alert to your environment, and the SQ is interesting with a very wide soundstage (open back helps of course).

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #2,036 of 61,355
I just thought that mw07 for $224 at BestBuy is hard to pass, especially considering prolonged return period. At least at that price it's not that much more than my 65t. But curious to see if SQ improvement with mw07 justifies supposedly miserable battery life and lack of an app for fw updates and eq. Guys on this forum who have mw07 in real use are all seem to be grossly disappointed with battery, while most "pro" reviewers seem to parrot 3.5 hour spec. On the other hand quite a few user reviews at BestBuy and Amazon confirm 3.5 hours. Yes, I know about grain of salt :). Anyway I'll be picking mw07 in a few hours. Will report back how they stack up against 65t.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #2,037 of 61,355
I just thought that mw07 for $224 at BestBuy is hard to pass, especially considering prolonged return period. At least at that price it's not that much more than my 65t. But curious to see if SQ improvement with mw07 justifies supposedly miserable battery life and lack of an app for fw updates and eq. Guys on this forum who have mw07 in real use are all seem to be grossly disappointed with battery, while most "pro" reviewers seem to parrot 3.5 hour spec. On the other hand quite a few user reviews at BestBuy and Amazon confirm 3.5 hours. Yes, I know about grain of salt :). Anyway I'll be picking mw07 in a few hours. Will report back how they stack up against 65t.

The $224 is for black only, right?

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #2,039 of 61,355
I just tried Pamu Scroll and can say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the sound out of it. Too bad I noticed delay when watching video and could hear some grain (maybe SBC compression artifact). The signature is pleasing, warm and smooth, boosted bass but just up until a point before it feels bloated. High is a bit roll-off I think.

Now I kinda have high hope for true wireless. The ATH can't come soon enough... :frowning2:

Word of warning, amazon Japan early reviews are saying there is up to 0.5 sec video lag - ATH was my choice as well until I read about it (just Google Translated the amazon page)

Please do update with battery life info! I really really like the MW07, but have the Sennheisers preordered as I can't deal with less than 2.5 hours as being reported by some. Can give up 30 mins over the Senns if it's actually only that!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back