Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 19, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #2,041 of 62,214
I just thought that mw07 for $224 at BestBuy is hard to pass, especially considering prolonged return period. At least at that price it's not that much more than my 65t. But curious to see if SQ improvement with mw07 justifies supposedly miserable battery life and lack of an app for fw updates and eq. Guys on this forum who have mw07 in real use are all seem to be grossly disappointed with battery, while most "pro" reviewers seem to parrot 3.5 hour spec. On the other hand quite a few user reviews at BestBuy and Amazon confirm 3.5 hours. Yes, I know about grain of salt :). Anyway I'll be picking mw07 in a few hours. Will report back how they stack up against 65t.

That's what I did, only they're shipping them to me. Looking forward to your feedback.

Nov 19, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #2,042 of 62,214
Word of warning, amazon Japan early reviews are saying there is up to 0.5 sec video lag - ATH was my choice as well until I read about it (just Google Translated the amazon page)

Yeah, it appears to be disappointing in that aspect.

Nov 19, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #2,043 of 62,214
So Amazon sent my RHA true connect to the wrong dispatch warehouse. They didn't arrive today and will arrive by Thursday. Amazon is by far my favorite retailer - this rarely happens.

Sennheiser also told me the pre-order release date was changed to 19/11/2018.

My credit card was also charged this evening but I have no dispatch email.

I'm going to try out the Sennheiser, and hope there is some form of quick 15m charge or at least 30m charge to 50%. I really hope the battery life is actually beyond 3 hours for non-deafening listening levels. I don't care for ambient noise hearing, I want them to be isolating. Maybe turning this feature off will help prolong battery life further.

Will also try out the RHA when they arrive and compare + return one of the pairs.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #2,044 of 62,214
All BT headsets have some lag. Some apps deal with it better than others. Youtube is notoriously bad. Netflix and Plex don't have any issues, in my experience.

0.5 sec is horrendous. In my experience of TW headphones, those that use a master/slave connection have very little lag/as much lag as any normal Bluetooth headset e.g. little to imperceptible.

The Senns, MW07 (haven't tried) Beoplay E8, Bragi Headphone (have tried) all have NFMI / similar master-slave connections and do not have audio delay mentioned regularly in reviews. Onkyo, WF-1000X, and now the ATH do not use this and have audio delay problems mentioned regularly.

0.5 second lag behind video (in the review they mention YT, Netflix) is unacceptable unless you never use them for video.

I've used Bluetooth headsets for a long time. Some do have audio delays that are more noticeable, and with the technology as mature as it is, that delay is no longer acceptable. You can buy cheap bluetooth adapters for 15 dollars, that never mind their sq, do not have noticeable delay between audio and video.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #2,045 of 62,214
Seems like an unlikely cross shop... I would be shocked if the senns could even remotely compete with high end wired iems.

Talking about the bass alone being comparable to the IE80? I don't see why not. Everything else obviously isn't a contest but I think there's every reason to think they could be up there with the bass.

Nov 20, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #2,048 of 62,214
The mw07 is $75 off at Best Buy right now. Battery life might be tough but that's a great price for these.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #2,053 of 62,214
Darn, I thought they might have shipped here already and I just didn't get the email yet. Thanks for the heads up!

On the plus side, here's a Gizmodo review that suggests Sennheiser TWs are better or at least equal to the MW07s.
Nice find. Love the extensive comparison to the mw07. I am worried about the fit with no fins or stabilizers. The mw07 fins work like a charm. I'm one of those who have issues with iems staying put. Pretty much a crapshoot.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #2,054 of 62,214
Darn, I thought they might have shipped here already and I just didn't get the email yet. Thanks for the heads up!

On the plus side, here's a Gizmodo review that suggests Sennheiser TWs are better or at least equal to the MW07s.

Hmm. They're saying the senn is less bassy than the mw07, which isn't good for me. I like the meaty power of the mw07 a lot. Given the $75 discount I'm not confident that the extra battery is worth it if it means a weaker sound.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #2,055 of 62,214

Thanks for sharing. The Gizmodo review has me worried as I mentioned that the buds drop out of some people's ears.
On another note, I just got my shipping notification :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back