Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 19, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #2,011 of 62,213
How so?

Nov 19, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #2,013 of 62,213
I'm just keeping an eye on Best Buy, but more importantly real-world reviews concerning battery life. If they can get 3hr of actual use I'll snag 'em.

Nov 19, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #2,015 of 62,213
I didn't get an email, but maybe because I cancelled my preorder, I did get an email from sennheiser regarding the release:

Thank you for your email. Some retailers should receive stock of this item over the next 2 weeks, I believe some retailers will have the item available from the 21st of November. Keep an eye on John Lewis stores as I believe they will be one of the first to receive stock. This info should not be taken as fact, but is a gauge of the availability of the product.

The information and dates provided are an estimate and can change due to retailer logistics, stock and other variables. I am sorry I do not have an exact date of availability, this has not yet been made public.

Really hoping they're good, the hype has been

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #2,016 of 62,213
For those who are ordering, really looking forward to hearing your feedback on the Senns. My Jabra 65Ts are waiting at home for me, but handily Amazon have got their extended Christmas return window open - so they can be returned any time up until 31-Jan. Which means that any time between now and Jan if I hear that the Senns are amazing, have brilliant battery life :wink: and sound out of this world (and are worth the extra £100) I can order them instead. :)

Nov 19, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #2,018 of 62,213
The senns look really interesting and considering returning my 65t’s and getting these. Is an ipx4 rating splash proof rating enough for some very sweaty workouts?

Would anyone know what the returns policy is for items like this that have been used?
I bought the 65t’s from Argos, I’m still within the return time window but it says items need to be in resellable condition. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #2,019 of 62,213
The senns look really interesting and considering returning my 65t’s and getting these. Is an ipx4 rating splash proof rating enough for some very sweaty workouts?

Would anyone know what the returns policy is for items like this that have been used?
I bought the 65t’s from Argos, I’m still within the return time window but it says items need to be in resellable condition. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks
https://phiaton.com/ipx4-water-resistance-what-it-means-and-why-you-need-it/

Should be okay I think...

Nov 19, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #2,021 of 62,213

Thanks

Tough call here. I probably would not use the senns at 300 for “very sweaty workouts”. I sweat a lot and I’ve killed many a bt headset with higher rating than 4. Add 300 price tag and I think that’s a recipe for disaster.

Nov 19, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #2,022 of 62,213
For sweaty workout I would say the Havit G1 with BT5, IPX5 and around 4 hours per charge for $60 would be hard to beat if you like the sound sig

Nov 19, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #2,023 of 62,213

Thanks

The e8s have the same rating (I think) and I won't trust them for working out - too expensive and too easy to lose. I plunked down $50 on the Soundcore Liberty Lites for workouts - they get my recommendation. Battery life is a little lacking, and the sound doesn't measure up to the e8 (or likely the Senns), but they sound pretty decent (a little bassy and bloated for my tastes but plenty good for a gym environment), fit really well, and if one gets damaged or lost I'm only out $50 max. So far so good since late June.

Nov 19, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #2,024 of 62,213
The e8s have the same rating (I think) and I won't trust them for working out - too expensive and too easy to lose. I plunked down $50 on the Soundcore Liberty Lites for workouts - they get my recommendation. Battery life is a little lacking, and the sound doesn't measure up to the e8 (or likely the Senns), but they sound pretty decent (a little bassy and bloated for my tastes but plenty good for a gym environment), fit really well, and if one gets damaged or lost I'm only out $50 max. So far so good since late June.

As far as I'm aware the E8 has no official rating, they just describe it as splash resistent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back