Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 15, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #1,861 of 62,269
I'm really tempted to snatch a pair of Havit G1Ws. All reviews i found so far seem to agree on this model being a really good value for the money, and it ticks a lot of boxes for me including Qi-charging - which i'm surprised is a feature no other manufacturers seem to even consider.

Could anyone confirm these are actually BT 5.0? I have read people complaining that the G1 is actually 4.2, which would be disheartening.

It’s BT5 as specified on the web site and manual though I have no way of actually verifying it as my iPhone don’t show how it is connected

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #1,862 of 62,269
Here's another Jabra 65T update: audio stutters when turning my head 40 degrees with my phone in my pocket.

Also, you guys know that when your body obstructs, the signal weakens? That breaks up the signal. You body may block the signal. Think about where your phone is at relative to how the radio waves maybe blocked from the earpiece.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #1,863 of 62,269
Incredible to ear all those issue with the Jabra... I have one standard 65T Elite and a 65T Active and no problem, no/rare cuts, no drops, no balance issue and NO Hiss... I really like them even if I really look forward to receive the Senn TW....

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #1,864 of 62,269
Who said the sennheiser have been delayed?

Is this just an assumption since people are looking at the pre order dates on other websites such as amazon and not sennheiser's own website?

Sennheiser's own website still states mid November.

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #1,865 of 62,269
I can confirm that it's delayed because the shop in Switzerland were I bought it first said mid-november and yesterday I received a message saying it would be available in first of december.

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #1,866 of 62,269
Here is two reviews (in Japanese) that I could find for the CKR7TW:

https://www.gizmodo.jp/2018/11/audio-technica-ath-ckr7tw.html
https://www.ear-phone-review.com/entry/2018/11/13/【完全ワイヤレスイヤホン_audio-technica_ATH-CKR7TW_レビュー】見通

The second review is less positive I think and noted the 0.3 seconds delay.

I'll see how it goes when I got mine.
The second link review on RHA Trueconnect seems to be positive one. I am being hopeful

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #1,867 of 62,269
Incredible to ear all those issue with the Jabra... I have one standard 65T Elite and a 65T Active and no problem, no/rare cuts, no drops, no balance issue and NO Hiss... I really like them even if I really look forward to receive the Senn TW....

I too have a Jabra Active Elite 65t and was quite surprised to find how very satisfied I am with them. Perhaps it is because I bought them before I found this thread based on a couple of good reviews and my expectations weren't that high. I wear them when I walk, which is a mile, 3x a day. Two of those are through a (somewhat) noisy manufacturing floor.

At my desk in the office, I listen to an SE846 through an IFI BL which is my favorite non-full-headphone combo to listen to. I'm not saying the sound quality is the same, but sometimes when I get back to my desk I forget to change gear.

Regarding body blocking signal, I keep my phone in my jeans front/side pocket. Never any issues.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #1,868 of 62,269
I also am comming from Hi-end stuff like Earsonics Grace, EM10 for (semi)-nomad set up and Sennheiser HD 800s strictly for home use. When home or in specific context, no doubt about it, it's the best way to feel and live pure music....

But for their functionnality when outside or wile doing sports, I would not change my Jabra 65T VS any of my other stuff in my list... Now I am almost sure, for pure nomad on the go, TW is the next gen. gear. After having spent more than 10 years in the IEM hobby, I am now ready to sacrifice 10-20% of sound quality when outside because

1. Outside, I am not strictly focusing on sound quality and details

2. Messing with wire, having micro sounds hiding details when outside is in the balance something more annoying than sacrifying 10 % of sound quality.

I love my Jabra and look forwards about my Senn....

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #1,869 of 62,269
Here's another Jabra 65T update: audio stutters when turning my head 40 degrees with my phone in my pocket.

Also, you guys know that when your body obstructs, the signal weakens? That breaks up the signal. You body may block the signal. Think about where your phone is at relative to how the radio waves maybe blocked from the earpiece.

With the Havit G1 i get good connection and no drop outs even with my phone in one room and me 2 rooms and 3 brick walls and 7 meters away from the phone. The E8 has lost the signal befor that

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #1,870 of 62,269
Have you had a chance to try calls with the Havits ? That's where cheaper devices falter in my experience.

@sly_in_the_sky Yes the 65Ts seem to be the best SQ/NC/comfort/looks/battery life compromise at this point. One thing about IEMs with good passive isolation though is that they produce a "thump" when you're walking, likely the air trapped in the ear canal being compressed, and that's not good for the SQ, almost worse than the "micro sounds" produced by the cables IMHO.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #1,871 of 62,269
With the Havit G1 i get good connection and no drop outs even with my phone in one room and me 2 rooms and 3 brick walls and 7 meters away from the phone. The E8 has lost the signal befor that
The point here is the frequency at which BT operates. Walls and doors have almost no effect on it, but water will massively impede bluetooth signals. Human bodies are made up of about 70% water.

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #1,872 of 62,269
Have you had a chance to try calls with the Havits ? That's where cheaper devices falter in my experience.

@sly_in_the_sky Yes the 65Ts seem to be the best SQ/NC/comfort/looks/battery life compromise at this point. One thing about IEMs with good passive isolation though is that they produce a "thump" when you're walking, likely the air trapped in the ear canal being compressed, and that's not good for the SQ, almost worse than the "micro sounds" produced by the cables IMHO.

Yes It's also true but even so, to me the wires annoy me more than this "thump" that you also have with standard wired Iem's. So with standards cabled Iem you have those "thumps" + micro cable noise.

What I also like with TW is that from the moment you decide to listen to music outside to the moment that you have your music ready to play, you only need 15 seconds to open your charging case, put on your Iem's in the ears, take your phone and launch a music.... try this with a player and wired Iems.... :) More the time you gain, more the music you can listen to...

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #1,873 of 62,269
Yes that's true, particularly when you can use silicone tips that don't require any "molding" to your ear, as is the case with the 65Ts.

Here is two reviews (in Japanese) that I could find for the CKR7TW:

https://www.gizmodo.jp/2018/11/audio-technica-ath-ckr7tw.html
https://www.ear-phone-review.com/entry/2018/11/13/【完全ワイヤレスイヤホン_audio-technica_ATH-CKR7TW_レビュー】見通

The second review is less positive I think and noted the 0.3 seconds delay.

I'll see how it goes when I got mine.

Wow that second site has TONS of reviews including of all the cheap "clones" that can be found on Amazon https://tinyurl.com/yapr3syt. I'm not sure what they show in their "pie" graphs though as Google Translate doesn't translate them. They seem to be impressed by the SQ of the Lesoom S1 but complain about usability. They don't seem to like the WF-1000x though and go to the lengths of transcribing a conversation with a sales guy about them https://tinyurl.com/yaqjwa9h ! Amazing stuff :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back