Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 15, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #1,876 of 62,258
Yes that's true, particularly when you can use silicone tips that don't require any "molding" to your ear, as is the case with the 65Ts.

Wow that second site has TONS of reviews including of all the cheap "clones" that can be found on Amazon https://tinyurl.com/yapr3syt. I'm not sure what they show in their "pie" graphs though as Google Translate doesn't translate them. They seem to be impressed by the SQ of the Lesoom S1 but complain about usability. They don't seem to like the WF-1000x though and go to the lengths of transcribing a conversation with a sales guy about them https://tinyurl.com/yaqjwa9h ! Amazing stuff :wink:

So I've more or less deciphered their pie charts using Google Translate Image, only a couple don't make sense if any one reads Japanese ?

20181110122319.png

From Top, clockwise :
- Highs
- Mids
- Lows
- Sound Insulation
- Leakage
- Feeling of Fit
- Poker ?
- Rythm ?

- Resolution

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #1,878 of 62,258
Wow that second site has TONS of reviews including of all the cheap "clones" that can be found on Amazon https://tinyurl.com/yapr3syt. I'm not sure what they show in their "pie" graphs though as Google Translate doesn't translate them. They seem to be impressed by the SQ of the Lesoom S1 but complain about usability. They don't seem to like the WF-1000x though and go to the lengths of transcribing a conversation with a sales guy about them https://tinyurl.com/yaqjwa9h ! Amazing stuff :wink:

Yeah, was just going through the site after noticing the same. For example, they rave about the Tiamat Thor which now means i have another device on my watchlist - i don't think i've seen a review for these anywhere else in the net.

A feature that i really need these days is wireless charging. Man, if Jabra offered a version of the 65t with this i'd buy three pairs in a heartbeat.

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #1,879 of 62,258
That is again not with sennheiser directly. Sennheiser are still claiming mid-November.

This is copied from Sennheiser's Canadian website:

There are pre-order item(s) in the cart. Shipment of the ordered items may be delayed until 30/11/2018 for MOMENTUM True Wireless.

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #1,880 of 62,258
The review of the apparently perfect Lesoom S1 (30£ on Amazon UK) is here https://tinyurl.com/ybud7rgj but he can't recommend them to the difficulty in operating them apparently so it's a bit confusing...Let's wait for the SP700N review he said he had in the works ! EDIT : here it is : https://tinyurl.com/yaq8dv4v
And he's not really impressed, complains about the lack of the advertised ANC, can't blame him for that, but also of the lack of bass which is a bit surprising to me. Guess he didn't get a good fit with the eartips.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #1,881 of 62,258
Have you had a chance to try calls with the Havits ? That's where cheaper devices falter in my experience.

@sly_in_the_sky Yes the 65Ts seem to be the best SQ/NC/comfort/looks/battery life compromise at this point. One thing about IEMs with good passive isolation though is that they produce a "thump" when you're walking, likely the air trapped in the ear canal being compressed, and that's not good for the SQ, almost worse than the "micro sounds" produced by the cables IMHO.

No I have not yet made a call with the Havit, I don’t make very many calls at all, probably only a few a week at most when I’m mobile

Nov 15, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #1,882 of 62,258
I'll be taking the MW07 for a test drive once my company clears my latest check. Looking forward to it.

Nov 15, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #1,883 of 62,258
Yes that's true, particularly when you can use silicone tips that don't require any "molding" to your ear, as is the case with the 65Ts.

at least the review agreed that the WF1000X sounded wonderful :o2smile:
i haven't check the call quality, but as i only use the WF1000X purely at home for listening to music, it's fine for me. i use the earin and 65t when i go out to malls, jogging, or riding motorcycle. they both do great job taking phone calls even with my helmet on

Nov 15, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #1,884 of 62,258
Had my first 2 phone calls on the Havit G1 on tonights 12km walk, each lasting about 10 minutes. No problem hearing the other party and no complaints from the other party about not hearing me. One surprise was that the call only comes in the right ear and no sound in the left ear, the E8 has sound in both ears. Still I would say call quality is no worse the E8 and possibly even a little better.

Nov 15, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #1,885 of 62,258
Received my MW07's this morning. First impressions are: stunning presentation, design and build quality. Disappointed there's no app, so it means no firmware updates possible.

Sound-wise, I heard no hissing that another user experienced. Bass is a little stronger than I'm used to, but it's not deal breaker. The default fins and tips were a great fit, I don't know if I should change them since they work so well. The sound in other areas is loud and punchy, the tips seem to isolate the music well in my ear canals.

Once i put them in, I have to be honest they were almost invisible in terms of feel. You can just about feel they're in there, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing yet. If one fell out, would I notice I guess is the question?

Build quality is so good, solid, strong, and clean.

Charging case is equally beautiful. Comes with a huge range of tips and 2 sets of fins, and a usb-c cable with a usb-c-to-a adapter. The only negative thing about the case is it's a finger print magnet.

Overall, I'm certainly pleased with them. Tomorrow will be the litmus test, when I go out though, and see if there's any wind interference, drop outs and such.

Korefuji, I just received my now third pair of MW07s. This pair exhibits the same left side hiss that my second pair had (first pair was a dud). The hiss is noticeable in the left side when there is no music playing. Hiss may not be the right word but it's static. It's not very loud but its absolutely noticeable and it can be heard if you focus on it in soft passages. I would say it's exactly the same as the last pair. Can you confirm no hiss at all in left side with no music playing? This will drive me crazy. On the plus side, these things sound absolutely amazing and I forgot how rich the sound was. They probably sound good enough to keep and just live with the white noise/hiss. When I asked M&D about it, they said some hiss would be noticeable in the left when the pair were connecting but this is present at all times. With 2 pairs doing the same thing, I can only assume this is a flaw or a byproduct of the tech. I'm going to email M&D about it again and see if anyone else has mentioned it. The hiss largely disappears when music is going at a moderate volume for those who are considering these. Reminds me of the Mobius "hiss" issue except it's only in one side.

Nov 15, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #1,887 of 62,258
What do you mean ? AliExpress shipments take at least two weeks to make it over from China !
Had my first 2 phone calls on the Havit G1 on tonights 12km walk, each lasting about 10 minutes. No problem hearing the other party and no complaints from the other party about not hearing me. One surprise was that the call only comes in the right ear and no sound in the left ear, the E8 has sound in both ears. Still I would say call quality is no worse the E8 and possibly even a little better.

Good to hear, so same as the Sony, only one ear, whereas the Jabras have the call in both ears. I actually made a call with the Sony WF-1000x today and the other couldn't hear me well at all, unlike with the Jabras...so it seems that the Sonys only really have the SQ going for them, all the rest is poor to average (design, battery life, ambient sound that's very weak, hard to have a conversation without removing them). I did notice a very very slight impact of ANC on traffic noise.

Nov 15, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #1,889 of 62,258
Korefuji, I just received my now third pair of MW07s. This pair exhibits the same left side hiss that my second pair had (first pair was a dud). The hiss is noticeable in the left side when there is no music playing. Hiss may not be the right word but it's static. It's not very loud but its absolutely noticeable and it can be heard if you focus on it in soft passages. I would say it's exactly the same as the last pair. Can you confirm no hiss at all in left side with no music playing? This will drive me crazy. On the plus side, these things sound absolutely amazing and I forgot how rich the sound was. They probably sound good enough to keep and just live with the white noise/hiss. When I asked M&D about it, they said some hiss would be noticeable in the left when the pair were connecting but this is present at all times. With 2 pairs doing the same thing, I can only assume this is a flaw or a byproduct of the tech. I'm going to email M&D about it again and see if anyone else has mentioned it. The hiss largely disappears when music is going at a moderate volume for those who are considering these. Reminds me of the Mobius "hiss" issue except it's only in one side.

Hi there, Ive got them on right now, and with no music playing there's only a light sound of something, maybe the power unit in the device? But it's barely, if even noticeable unless i focus on it considerably, but tbh, I've had that with the jabras, nuhearas, etc. It sounds like this might be an issue with many earbuds, including wired wireless types, I've had the same thing. ymmv, as to which models you've tried. I can only assume that you can hear the power unit/drive unit.

I can hear it as a kinda light hiss now, now that I focus on it, but it's not specifically from the left side, it seems more centered.- is it the connection perhaps, because it's on?? I get that from all my bluetooth headsets tbh. But I don't know if there's a specific sound you're trying to get at. I hope you get yours sorted, and can confirm the issue. Maybe I got lucky with a pair that doesn't have the same issue? I can't really say for sure. It might just be because it's an iphone, and android doesnt' get this?

I took these out for a drive today. I found there was no difference with the wind blowing, as it didn't pick it up. I also found I had a couple of breakups, but only when my phone was moving around my pocket considerably. As for noise isolation, they're not perfect, but pretty damn good, when music is playing. I'm quite pleased with this pair of ear buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back