Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 15, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #1,906 of 62,574
Apologies if this is an obvious question, why would the 65t’s sound considerably louder connected to an iPhone Xs and Apple Watch 3 and annoying quiet with an LG v30 phone?

Thought it might just be Bluetooth 5.0 (or the lack of) causing the difference but the Apple Watch doesn't have Bt5.0 and plays at the same decent volume as the iPhone

try this, it may (or not) make a difference on the volume problem:

with the 65t connected to phone, enter your Bluetooth settings, and click the three dot to enter a menu, then turn "media volume sync" ON . then turn up the volume on both your phone and eartips to maximum (careful not to let anything playing or you might blow your hearing).
after that, turn "media volume sync" OFF, and put the earpieces inside the case to reset. in my case it helps increase the volume on the 65t

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #1,907 of 62,574
Fast take on the mw07: dayum...
I'm getting more and more interested in MW07. But lack of means for an OTA firmware update is a bummer (native EQing via app would've been also nice). We all know, especially with TWS, how many tech things may go wrong and how subsequent software updates change the product for the better, sometimes dramatically. When you buy a gadget for $300 it's only normal to expect it to be protected from bugs and fast obsolesce. It's not out of ordinary for companies first to release hardware and then sometime later add the app. Did M&D ever promised it? Anybody asked if they plan to?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #1,909 of 62,574
what phones have you tried the jabra with?did all exhibit the same problem?
with all these different problems with different users ranging from hissing, bad connections, imbalances, straight to no problem at all, i suspect the problem is compatibility between phones with the sound+ app and the jabraservice..although the imbalance still affected/worsen by the volume on the unit itself.

A few Samsungs and they did all show the issue. The problem is that the hiss/crackle would happen even when it wasn't connected to anything. Just turning it on with the little alert did it.

I suspect sets that have the master/slave thing going are more prone to it.

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #1,910 of 62,574
I'm getting more and more interested in MW07. But lack of means for an OTA firmware update is a bummer (native EQing via app would've been also nice). We all know, especially with TWS, how many tech things may go wrong and how subsequent software updates change the product for the better, sometimes dramatically. When you buy a gadget for $300 it's only normal to expect it to be protected from bugs and fast obsolesce. It's not out of ordinary for companies first to release hardware and then sometime later add the app. Did M&D ever promised it? Anybody asked if they plan to?

I think the difference here is that the MW07, like VModa's, don't actually need firmware updates because theirs aren't doing anything software-side, they're essentially just passive receivers with a bluetooth attachment. The Bose/Sony types do a lot of processing and that means internal software that will indeed need updates.

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #1,911 of 62,574

They told me today if the hiss is a frequent issue they could issue a firmware update so maybe they have something in the works.

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #1,912 of 62,574
They told me today if the hiss is a frequent issue they could issue a firmware update so maybe they have something in the works.

I wonder if there IS some method of doing it. I mean in theory anything can be OTA'd since there's a bluetooth connection and obviously there's tech inside the headphones. M&D just seems to be keeping things fairly simple.

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #1,913 of 62,574
Nice. When do you expect to get yours? Still keeping an eye on them here in the UK.

Not sure yet. Possibly next week or two.

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #1,914 of 62,574
MW07 update: Battery life seemed REALLY short, from 100 to 20 in... not that long (wasn't checking exactly). I'm willing to chalk that up to being an early charge so it might need a few whacks to actually be a properly reported full charge, but we'll see. Leaving it in the case overnight.

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #1,915 of 62,574
I've just send back my WM07. The SQ is really better, and more powerful than my Jabra Elite active 65T. But the buttons ergonomics is awful. There is no external mics (except for a phone conversation), so if you want to hear someone or something, even if you touch the pause button you have to put off the wm07 of your ear because the isolation is really good.
Last but not least, the operating life : less than 3 hours and no possibility to upgrade the product.
It's not a TW adapted to my everyday use.
I'm waiting the Sennheiser.
I've seen a little early impressions review :

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #1,916 of 62,574
Hey guys, just picked up a pair of sp700n from treasure truck and was disappointed at first, bass was all over the place and highs were quite sharp.
Tried an old pair of comply truly wireless and has improved things immensely but i can only find mediums here in the UK and one of my ears is a bit too big for that :p
Does anyone know of any complys with that waxguard that will fit?

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #1,917 of 62,574
I've just send back my WM07. The SQ is really better, and more powerful than my Jabra Elite active 65T. But the buttons ergonomics is awful. There is no external mics (except for a phone conversation), so if you want to hear someone or something, even if you touch the pause button you have to put off the wm07 of your ear because the isolation is really good.
Last but not least, the operating life : less than 3 hours and no possibility to upgrade the product.

What volume levels are you guys using on mw07?

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #1,918 of 62,574
So I called up Sennheiser and they asked me to call Digital River, the guys who are in-charge of their online store. Long story short, both parties have no idea when the units will be shipped out and hesitantly confirmed a delay with no target release date. Such a bummer. I might cancel the Sennheiser's and go with the ATH depending on initial reviews and availability.

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #1,919 of 62,574
So I called up Sennheiser and they asked me to call Digital River, the guys who are in-charge of their online store. Long story short, both parties have no idea when the units will be shipped out and hesitantly confirmed a delay with no target release date. Such a bummer. I might cancel the Sennheiser's and go with the ATH depending on initial reviews and availability.

You’d think it was crowdfunded. Yikes. Digital river is the worst.

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #1,920 of 62,574

Thanks, though the first impressions almost imply that the WF-1000X had slightly smoother highs and lows? My only gripe with the WF-1000x when I had it briefly was that it had video lag and you have to turn the volume high up to be able to hear properly. Equally, the ANC wasn't most effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back