Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 22, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #15,946 of 62,168
Almost.... really close to buying the L2P had it in the cart all filled out and CC info in. My inner thoughts where, enjoy what you have and the Wife saying, really, another headphone. I decided to wait. All these great reviews. Ill wait tell the honeymoon phase is over and see if it's still that great.
I'm waiting for the Bose to come out with there new one. Also, I was considering getting some wireless device for my CIEMs as they are not getting any use lately.
Think about it. How abnormal is it really if all of us here can't stop buying more audio gear? Does music not speak to the soul? Is audio equipment not the gateway to the soul? If you prick me, do I not bleed? If Cinderella's shoe fit perfectly, why did it fall off?

Do it.

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #15,947 of 62,168
Nov 22, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #15,948 of 62,168
Almost.... really close to buying the L2P had it in the cart all filled out and CC info in. My inner thoughts where, enjoy what you have and the Wife saying, really, another headphone. I decided to wait. All these great reviews. Ill wait tell the honeymoon phase is over and see if it's still that great.
I'm waiting for the Bose to come out with there new one. Also, I was considering getting some wireless device for my CIEMs as they are not getting any use lately.

Not gonna tell you what to do wit your money. All I can say is that you will not regret it one bit.

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #15,949 of 62,168
Sennheiser momentum or Anker liberty pro 2 ?
I'm wanting to go true wireless iem for exercise purposes only and happy to accept some loss of SQ.

I like good strong bass and don't like sibilant trebles

Would you guys say I was on the right track with either of the momentum or liberty pros ? Or am I missing some important others.
Hope it's ok to post a recommendation request here .

Cheers

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #15,950 of 62,168
Think about it. How abnormal is it really if all of us here can't stop buying more audio gear? Does music not speak to the soul? Is audio equipment not the gateway to the soul? If you prick me, do I not bleed? If Cinderella's shoe fit perfectly, why did it fall off?

Do it.
You are the devil himself. :smiling_imp: but you have a point. That's why YOU should buy the Boltune's I showed you. I need a comparison done with someone who owns some really high end BT cans. What did you say you have again? I know you just got two pair of B&W's and I think you said you own the Sony's? the Bose? Anyways, just give them a trial run and return them if you don't like them. :wink: If it's still a no go, DM me and i'll send you my pair.

I 2nd @hifi80's man. Buy the L2pro. They are phenomenal, but I honestly think they have a LOT of bass. not too much but still a lot on the flat and signature sound setting. The clarity of the highs and mids is just pristine like Caribbean beach water. :relaxed:

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #15,951 of 62,168
I need some tribal wisdom. I went to buy the Sony WF-1000XM3 today at the army exchange, they were $179 no tax. And..... they only had silver, no thanks. So I'm either going to buy a renewed model from amazon for $150, no box all the accessories and add the 3-year asurion warranty ($172 total). or on ebay for $185 + the 2 year square trade warranty for $216. Thoughts? Any chance these will go on sale for Black Friday?

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #15,952 of 62,168
Fantastic review. Instead of just describing clear treble and bass ..... I love it when you speak about Tonality describing guitars, snare drums sounding thinner and such ! This is really what an audiophile should look for in my opnion...
Please keep this coming....
Thanks, man. I suck at reviewing so i'll keep that in mind. I can def. describe the sound of instruments better then technical jargon.

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #15,953 of 62,168
I need some tribal wisdom. I went to buy the Sony WF-1000XM3 today at the army exchange, they were $179 no tax. And..... they only had silver, no thanks. So I'm either going to buy a renewed model from amazon for $150, no box all the accessories and add the 3-year asurion warranty ($172 total). or on ebay for $185 + the 2 year square trade warranty for $216. Thoughts? Any chance these will go on sale for Black Friday?
There's a guy the trading forums selling black sealed units for $160. See if he has any left.

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #15,954 of 62,168
Thanks, man. I suck at reviewing so i'll keep that in mind. I can def. describe the sound of instruments better then technical jargon.
I just received the Mpow M5 and compared with my Bose 700. Wow, just wow... I cannot believe this China brand mpow m5 can compete with the expensive Bose 700. In fact, I find the Bose 700 sound signature is more V shaped. Bose 700 does sound more spatial with some heavier base. I thought tonality, I prefer the Mpow m5. I do not find the highs of the M5 rolled off but understand some folks do. The guitars, Snare drum, rim shots are accurate and a tad less tinny than the Bose 700.
Can't imagine how good the L2Pro is with the good feedback here.
Receiving the SSK bt03 and tronsmart spunky beat next.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #15,955 of 62,168
I'm wanting to go true wireless iem for exercise purposes only and happy to accept some loss of SQ.

Would you guys say I was on the right track with either of the momentum or liberty pros ? Or am I missing some important others.

Cheers

How much does price factor in? I would say that both the MTW and the L2Ps fit your desired sound signature. Neither are sibilant, though the MTWs are slightly more refined sounding with a smoother overall signature. I'd say the bass on the L2Ps is more resonating and a bit more powerful, but not quite as accurate as the MTWs. The mids and highs on the L2Ps are comparable to the MTWs though, and for half the price, with much better battery life and call quality I would def go L2Ps. If you want a cheaper option, the Sabbat E12 Ultra have great bass, but they're not my favorite tonally.

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #15,956 of 62,168

Cheers
I own both and I personally like the L2P a bit more sonically. But the MTW is also good, just in a more dialed back way. In regards to which is the better value the L2P slays the MTW since it benefits from latest technology and is much more affordable. If the MTW was selling for the same price the pass through feature might make them a more compelling option so long as you could live with less than 1/2 the battery and a case that drains of power in less than 3 days when the IEM is stored inside the case.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #15,957 of 62,168
You are the devil himself. :smiling_imp: but you have a point. That's why YOU should buy the Boltune's I showed you. I need a comparison done with someone who owns some really high end BT cans. What did you say you have again? I know you just got two pair of B&W's and I think you said you own the Sony's? the Bose? Anyways, just give them a trial run and return them if you don't like them. :wink: If it's still a no go, DM me and i'll send you my pair.

I 2nd @hifi80's man. Buy the L2pro. They are phenomenal, but I honestly think they have a LOT of bass. not too much but still a lot on the flat and signature sound setting. The clarity of the highs and mids is just pristine like Caribbean beach water. :relaxed:
I’ll think about it. :wink:. I actually just picked up the Master & Dynamic MW60 now that they’re down to $300, so I’ve been burning those in. I may pick those up and see how they compare. :)

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #15,958 of 62,168
Has anyone got the Tronsmart Onyx Neo yet? Not sure if it's higher tier than the Spunky Beat. Also interested in the MPOW M8 - one seller has it listed on Amazon.ca for 30$ fullfilled by Amazon!

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #15,960 of 62,168
I just received the Mpow M5 and compared with my Bose 700. Wow, just wow... I cannot believe this China brand mpow m5 can compete with the expensive Bose 700. In fact, I find the Bose 700 sound signature is more V shaped. Bose 700 does sound more spatial with some heavier base. I thought tonality, I prefer the Mpow m5. I do not find the highs of the M5 rolled off but understand some folks do. The guitars, Snare drum, rim shots are accurate and a tad less tinny than the Bose 700.
Can't imagine how good the L2Pro is with the good feedback here.
Receiving the SSK bt03 and tronsmart spunky beat next.

i’d have to say the M5/T5, the SSK BT03/ Anbes 359, the Tranya B530, the Tranya T3 and the EarFun free are my favorite inexpensive TWS’. In my opinion the liberty 2 Pro is on another level entirely. In fact they are the most expensive true wireless earbuds I own for now. I’ve kind of prided myself on never spending more than 100 bucks on a set. After my experience with the L2pro, @hifi80sman’s and the rest of this threads borderline malevolent encouragement, i’ve convinced myself I need the Sonys. :cold_sweat: God help my pocketbook. :laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back