Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 22, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #15,933 of 62,485
How do you guys deal with these wireless buds that have press control button? Each time I press the buds to increase volume or switch tracks, it does get stuffed deepr into my ear canals and I find this annoying. The Mpows is a let down for me on this aspect. I wonder if this is the case with just about all other buds with press controls.

I got the Tronsmart spunky beats and they have been great(fit & ease of controls).I prefer the sound quality on the Mpow T5s though. Both are equally bassy with nice mids and highs but the T5s have that tad bit of overall clarity. Not for critical listening but will do for a workout.

Anyone tried the Bomaker Sifi?

Nov 22, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #15,934 of 62,485
How do you guys deal with these wireless buds that have press control button? Each time I press the buds to increase volume or switch tracks, it does get stuffed deepr into my ear canals and I find this annoying. The Mpows is a let down for me on this aspect. I wonder if this is the case with just about all other buds with press controls.

I got the Tronsmart spunky beats and they have been great(fit & ease of controls).I prefer the sound quality on the Mpow T5s though. Both are equally bassy with nice mids and highs but the T5s have that tad bit of overall clarity. Not for critical listening but will do for a workout.

I like the Bomaker. Bart will have a review soon also....:wink:

Nov 22, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #15,935 of 62,485
So I just got the Mpow M5 earlier this week. I found that the bass is very good and solid. Just wish there's more in terms of crisp & high.
Not an audiophile but I feel that the M5 has warmer sound signature. There's also a surprise, zero lag with Youtube on iPhone! Now I have an excuse to give it to the wife and get the L2P!

The fiil t1x sound similar with better high extension than the m5 imho.

Nov 22, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #15,936 of 62,485

AirPods Pro utilizes stem squeeze button so that you don't have to do that. Although I haven't tried myself, the new Jabra 75t has easier pressed buttons. So maybe you don't have to press too hard.

A thought I had was, if they can just have a tap touch control with AirPods Pro control scheme would be good. Long touch for transparency mode, etc.. So, Jabra 75t fit and formfactor with touch control scheme like Apple's without the stem.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #15,937 of 62,485
Ok, Tranya Rimor First impressions.

They sound pretty dang good, but I personally like the tuning of the B530 more and it's a toss up with the T5, some songs I thought the T5 killed, other songs the Rimor sounded better, every song the B530 soundest best. BUT....

The highs on the Rimor are rolled off, and they get a bit shrill at certain frequencies at louder volume. mids and high mids are pushed forward quite a bit unlike the B530 which def. has more recessed mids than the Rimor. Bass is there, it's not bad at all, not much sub bass but the low mids sound impressively responsive and defined better than the B530 but that thuddy bump is just missing completely, Sound stage i'd say is identical. When I put the 530's in it sounds like i'm sitting in a room with the band. The Rimor sounds like Tranya just took the B530, took the sub-bass out gave it great defined bass and mid-bass and pushed the mids and high mids way up. I'm not as technical as a lot of you blokes, but to me the guitars sound very similar when playing individually, but in a rock mix they sound thinner and the snare drums sound thinner, flatter and a bit dead to me, so take that for what it's worth. They more I listen to these with different songs the more I like them. I just listened to the first track I played though them and it sounds much better after an hour of consistent music going through them.

I pulled out the MPOW T5 to compare it's has a mid-range more comparable to the Rimor and the T5 are def. more crisp, but the Rimor's soundstage and definition is better. Due to how narrow the T5 is it seems to get crowded when things get hectic. The fit of the Rimor is nice, however they have bulbs on them where the 530 doesn't. I believe there are tiny pressure relief holes at the top of the bulbs because no matter what tips I try, I can get them to feel snug but I don't get that sealed feeling. I wonder if I plug the holes if i'll get more bass?

The bass is there, but I think it's what some of you bass-sensitive dudes call "balanced" or "audiophile tuned" :grin: . Anyway, they sound nice, def. warrmer but also bright yet not crisp sig, I'm going to continue to burn these suckers in. everything us is up to Tranya quality standard, the touch controls are great. Siri, volume and track fwd and back work flawlessly. My calls sound good and the mic seems to be as good at the B530's for the people i've talked to. Range is also fine. So far they are pretty nice, oh and I have no idea what environmental noise cancellation is. I thought it would be some type of ANC, but that's def. not it. All in all, i'd probably pay $40 for them. side note, I just compared them to the L2pro. Don't do that. the L2pro sounds SOOOO much better. If you put the L2pro on lounge they sound like better version the rimor.

Fantastic review. Instead of just describing clear treble and bass ..... I love it when you speak about Tonality describing guitars, snare drums sounding thinner and such ! This is really what an audiophile should look for in my opnion...
Please keep this coming....

Nov 22, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #15,938 of 62,485
Fantastic review. Instead of just describing clear treble and bass ..... I love it when you speak about Tonality describing guitars, snare drums sounding thinner and such ! This is really what an audiophile should look for in my opnion...
Please keep this coming....

Ooh yes, talk timbre to us baby... :D

Nov 22, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #15,939 of 62,485
Rtings review of the 75t : https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/jabra/elite-75t-truly-wireless
They're not too impressed, mention they're bass heavy but also that they have worse passive isolation than the 65ts.

@hifi80sman - now that you have L2Ps that no longer have the hissing problem, do you still feel there's not enough difference to justify the price difference with the L2s ($40 discount excluded) ? I wasn't going to try them given their "sonyesque" form factor but with all the stellar reviews I'm tempted :wink:

Nov 22, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #15,940 of 62,485
Rtings review of the 75t : https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/jabra/elite-75t-truly-wireless
They're not too impressed, mention they're bass heavy but also that they have worse passive isolation than the 65ts.
WOW, it looks like Rtings' measurements of the 75t are quite different than the 65t.

upload_2019-11-22_15-46-32.png

@hifi80sman - now that you have L2Ps that no longer have the hissing problem, do you still feel there's not enough difference to justify the price difference with the L2s ($40 discount excluded) ? I wasn't going to try them given their "sonyesque" form factor but with all the stellar reviews I'm tempted :wink:
That's a tough call. If you like clarity and precision instruments, then the L2P is the way to go. If you enjoy more low end, then added detail is probably not worth it. Bass is a litter bigger on the L2 and highs are still very good, but the L2P is more refined in its bass delivery (less boomy, firmer) and doesn't have the slight grain in the highs like the L2.

If you have the money to spend, may as well go for the L2P. If you're strapped for cash, then the L2 are a good approximation of the L2P.

Nov 22, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #15,941 of 62,485

Grab the earbud in a pinch between your thumb and finger, using your finger to support the earbud from behind while pressing the button.

Nov 22, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #15,942 of 62,485

Yes, the OOTB the 75t is a bassheads dream, but is easily set to ones desired preference via the app. True, there is less passive reduction than the 65t as it fills the entire concha whereas the 75t fills about half. With the proper seal, this is a none-issue while listening at normal levels.

Nov 22, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #15,943 of 62,485
Almost.... really close to buying the L2P had it in the cart all filled out and CC info in. My inner thoughts where, enjoy what you have and the Wife saying, really, another headphone. I decided to wait. All these great reviews. Ill wait tell the honeymoon phase is over and see if it's still that great.
I'm waiting for the Bose to come out with there new one. Also, I was considering getting some wireless device for my CIEMs as they are not getting any use lately.

Nov 22, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #15,944 of 62,485

You should check out the Power Beats Pro. The volume button is positioned on top so you press down not in.
As of lately, these are my go too's. Love the sound, they are very comfortable and 9 hours of use on a single change. I'm surprised these don't get any attention on this thread.

Nov 22, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #15,945 of 62,485
You should check out the Power Beats Pro. The volume button is positioned on top so you press down not in.
As of lately, these are my go too's. Love the sound, they are very comfortable and 9 hours of use on a single change. I'm surprised these don't get any attention on this thread.
The L2Ps also have their buttons on top, so no jamming them into your head to change the tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back