Give me some suggestions
Jan 18, 2011 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

SubZero it

New Head-Fier
First of all hello to all the people at this wonderful forum.
I've been looking here for a pair of headphones that can satisfy me with gaming and listening to music.
I ended up with four models (bear in mind I MUST stay under 200€):
1_Beyer-Dynamichs DT 770 250 ohm
2_Audio-Techinca A700
3_Alessandro Grado MS-1i (I really like the aesthetics of these but don't know if they're right for my usage and they're not really easy to find in Italy)
4_Grado SR60i or SR80i (same said upwards)
Everything will be plugged to the PC with an ASUS Xonar DG.
Thanks
Cheers

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 11
Thanks for the reply...my budget is at 200€, maximum of 220€.
Could you please give me an opinion about what I posted?They seem to be the best I can by for the price and...of course I'm open to other suggestions!

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #4 of 11
What type of music do you listen to? Which do you spend more time doing, listening to music or playing games?

Both of those can impact which headphones would suit you best.

-

As far as finding the Alessandro headphones go, if you buy them direct from their site you can get them quite easily. Free worldwide shipping too (as far as I can tell - I tried selecting Italy and Australia).

http://www.alessandro-products.com/main.php?p=headphones

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #5 of 11
Rock more than all (and in all of its kinds). I'm using them more on gaming because I like listening music loud and shout at my home, but don't know after buying a "serious" headphone setup.
I saw on Alessandro's there is the free shipping, the only problem is that the customs here would charge on it for being wordlwide shipment.
A question...what are main differences between SR60i and MS-1i?Seems so identical to me...or not for the drivers?
Thanks in advance

Jan 21, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 11
I will not suggest lower-end Grados for gaming, as most their soundstage is rather flat. I would totally suggest AD700, unless you are into a lot of bass heavy music. MS-1s is a good headphone, but soundstage even with bowls are not that great. DT770 is rather boring an bloaty, even with some minimal amping from a iBasso D2+, without it, its a bit too slow.

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #7 of 11
Probably the ATH-A700's could suit you. 
They can handle rock music without any problem. 

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #8 of 11
Argh...these are really bad news. I like the Grado really much. Moving to SR-125i or SR-225i would give it a huge boost?
Everything else you can consider for the price?
Would prefer open ones.
Thanks

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #9 of 11
I would say AD700, but I have a feeling you'll be paying way too much for them.

How much do Beyerdynamic DT880's cost over there?

Why don't you give us prices for everything on your list and the two I've mentioned.
AD700, DT880.

When most of us recommend headphones like AD700, A700, or lower end grados we imagine them paying around $100 USD... I have a feeling you're going to be paying nearly double that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back