Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 13, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #5,281 of 5,506
Haha I get this all the time when I wear my akg k181's people always tell me beats are better etc etc. then when i let them try it on and use it they get they start dancing and after, they ask me where I got them.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #5,282 of 5,506

Quote:

I don't know much about them, but I did have a listen at a Brookstone in the mall near my house. Granted, this happened in my pre-head-fi days where I was using Beats Studios as my reference HP (I know, I know) to test against other headphones and these handily slaughtered the Beats, which I guess isn't that hard to do. To my untrained ears, they sounded very crisp. I remember thinking, "So THIS is what $349 headphones sound like." Again, this was before I got my V-80s and was using a muddy pair of Beats, situated right next to them, as a reference.  I do like the way they look, though. Oh, and they were VERY comfy.

I've heard them (i'm pretty sure it was them I don't know of many headphones like that) they sounded good.

Mar 13, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #5,283 of 5,506
Mar 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #5,285 of 5,506

Quote:

I don't know much about them, but I did have a listen at a Brookstone in the mall near my house. Granted, this happened in my pre-head-fi days where I was using Beats Studios as my reference HP (I know, I know) to test against other headphones and these handily slaughtered the Beats, which I guess isn't that hard to do. To my untrained ears, they sounded very crisp. I remember thinking, "So THIS is what $349 headphones sound like." Again, this was before I got my V-80s and was using a muddy pair of Beats, situated right next to them, as a reference.  I do like the way they look, though. Oh, and they were VERY comfy.

Thanks bro...I was just curious. 

Mar 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #5,290 of 5,506

Quote:
I had one of my friends come up to me and say "Aren't the beats the best Headphones ever made?" I took a big sigh and didn't know where to start. 

did you start though 
L3000.gif

popcorn.gif

Mar 14, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #5,291 of 5,506
I just moved to the UK, which meant leaving my big sound system at home for a pair of headphones, and I bought the Sennheiser HD 25-1 IIs after reading about them here. Three of my friends who also moved bought Beats Solo HDs.

When we met at the airport they asked me where I'd bought my headphones, why they looked so weird and why I didn't have Beats. When I told them why how much I'd spent they flipped out and said "But you could have had these instead!"

Then I let them listen to my Senns. Suddenly, I'm the headphone-guru in my class. Thanks Head-Fi! 
Since they can't pick on my headphones because of the way they sound, they've started picking on the looks instead but I just let them. I find it kind of funny. Most of the Beats owners I've met have had this obsession of proving that their headphones are better than everything else out there in one way or another.. Has anyone else noticed this?

Recently, I actually recommended the Beats Solo HD to a friend. He said he wanted a pair of headphones for listening mainly to Hip-hop and he wanted them to look good. He loves them and says he can't thank me enough!
I guess sometimes the Beats are better. I don't think he'd be as happy with a pair of HD 25-1 IIs.

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #5,292 of 5,506

Quote:
I just moved to the UK, which meant leaving my big sound system at home for a pair of headphones, and I bought the Sennheiser HD 25-1 IIs after reading about them here. Three of my friends who also moved bought Beats Solo HDs.

When we met at the airport they asked me where I'd bought my headphones, why they looked so weird and why I didn't have Beats. When I told them why how much I'd spent they flipped out and said "But you could have had these instead!"

Then I let them listen to my Senns. Suddenly, I'm the headphone-guru in my class. Thanks Head-Fi! 
Since they can't pick on my headphones because of the way they sound, they've started picking on the looks instead but I just let them. I find it kind of funny. Most of the Beats owners I've met have had this obsession of proving that their headphones are better than everything else out there in one way or another.. Has anyone else noticed this?

Recently, I actually recommended the Beats Solo HD to a friend. He said he wanted a pair of headphones for listening mainly to Hip-hop and he wanted them to look good. He loves them and says he can't thank me enough!
I guess sometimes the Beats are better. I don't think he'd be as happy with a pair of HD 25-1 IIs.

I just listened to the solo hd yesterday for like a few minutes. Got to say they were kind of iffy, almost sounded like my Auvio earbuds ($30)

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #5,294 of 5,506

Quote:

One of the Seniors in my dorm came in one night and saw me with my Ultrasones and said that his were better. I asked which they were and he said that they were the Beats Pros. I said that he should have a listen and after he did, he asked how much they cost and after I told him I only paid $120, he left silently.

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #5,295 of 5,506

Quote:

One of the Seniors in my dorm came in one night and saw me with my Ultrasones and said that his were better. I asked which they were and he said that they were the Beats Pros. I said that he should have a listen and after he did, he asked how much they cost and after I told him I only paid $120, he left silently.

Audio Technica M-50, V-Moda Crossfade Lp or Lp2?

On an unrelated note I was watching american idol and I saw beats in EVERY SINGLE SHOT when they were talking with the singers about what song they should sing. I mean it when I say literally, camera faces two guys who help them pick, beats mixrs on the mixing thing or whatever it was and hanging off WILL.I.AM.'s seat. switch to the actual singer, beats hanging off a mic stand or something. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back