Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #5,266 of 5,506
NO, I will nujot be less harsh to the beats  it was free, I put myself in the average consmer's shoes, even worse as an audiophiple. I dont want bias in any mannrr.

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #5,267 of 5,506

Quote:
Great comparison...
Just wondering... You didn't feel anything off with the Mixr's treble? I personally think the Mixr's were the worst headphones monster came up with.
The treble was unbelievably screechy and almost painful..  Playing it with a friend's ipod with "6 foot 7 foot".. Was simply a night mare. 
Perhaps I am too sensitive to treble...

Well each to their own - i found them more upfront - but rolled off
Maybe I need more time with them?

Wasn't really a comparison - just a quick listen and show of how they look/sound
If someone were to buy solos i would tell them not to buy beats, but if they insisted then i would suggest the mixr's (small and better SQ than the HD's)

Quote:
NO, I will nujot be less harsh to the beats  it was free, I put myself in the average consmer's shoes, even worse as an audiophiple. I dont want bias in any mannrr.

say word? lol

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #5,268 of 5,506

Quote:

Wasn't really a comparison - just a quick listen and show of how they look/sound
If someone were to buy solos i would tell them not to buy beats, but if they insisted then i would suggest the mixr's (small and better SQ than the HD's)

Yes, each to his own...

Hmm.. I will definently listen to them again... You have a much more experienced ear than mine... But I could've sworn the one thing I hated the most was the treble... It was quite fauiging in my ears.. Perhaps I should try a wider variety of songs, besides Lil' Wayne's annoying, squeaky voice...

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #5,269 of 5,506

Quote:
I just heard the Mixr's - and beats pro just by the side.

Mixr = forward mids, more punchy bass (due to smaller driver)
Pro = relaxed mids, less rolled off lows

Both are equally a rip off but the mixr's got me saying: "hey not bad!"
If it were me, the mixr's are better than the pros (based on 10min demo), even though they have recessed mids, they are more present than the pros

Both were equally displeasing on my ear (comfort) and the clamp on the mixr's is even stronger...

Was that @ St.Lazare FNAC store?

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #5,270 of 5,506

Quote:
Yes, each to his own...

Hmm.. I will definently listen to them again... You have a much more experienced ear than mine... But I could've sworn the one thing I hated the most was the treble... It was quite fauiging in my ears.. Perhaps I should try a wider variety of songs, besides Lil' Wayne's annoying, squeaky voice...

I'm no more experienced than a noob - we each have each other tastes bro - your ears might not like the mids being as forward as me - that said i hate forward mids generally speaking - i prefer a V shaped sound sig

Do me a favour - never, ever let anyone say that their hearing is "better or more experienced" than yours.
If they do, they are just arrogant so and so's 

Quote:
Was that @ St.Lazare FNAC store?

YES :D!!!

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #5,271 of 5,506

Quote:

Do me a favour - never, ever let anyone say that their hearing is "better or more experienced" than yours.
If they do, they are just arrogant so and so's 

Hmm.. Lesson learned.. 
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #5,272 of 5,506

Quote:
No but seriously....if u had the chance to receive free beats - would u try and be less harsh or?

Just a debate/discussion I'm trying to bring up here :)
I would try and mention u could get something better but would try and avoid saying it directly

I would review them like any other headphone, then i would compare them to cheaper headphones, and then headphones in the same price range.

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #5,274 of 5,506

Quote:

say word? lol

My phone was giving me problems with typing, so I'm going to repost. I would review the headphones at a consumer standpoint, and at my own view. Would I pay 250 bucks for this headphone? or would I look at other choices? That is why I don't like any review, especially the game ones, they got it for free and would have more bias on the product than anyone else, that is why I will treat the headphone equally to any other competitors. Same to what Whitecrow has said.

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #5,275 of 5,506

Quote:
My phone was giving me problems with typing, so I'm going to repost. I would review the headphones at a consumer standpoint, and at my own view. Would I pay 250 bucks for this headphone? or would I look at other choices? That is why I don't like any review, especially the game ones, they got it for free and would have more bias on the product than anyone else, that is why I will treat the headphone equally to any other competitors. Same to what Whitecrow has said.

a "professional russian" :)

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #5,276 of 5,506

Quote:
No but seriously....if u had the chance to receive free beats - would u try and be less harsh or?

Just a debate/discussion I'm trying to bring up here :)
I would try and mention u could get something better but would try and avoid saying it directly

I'm being serious here. You don't want to be so concentrated on bashing the Beats so much. The dollar store earbuds would not only lower your expectations for headphones in general, but your prejudice against the Beats as well. When you make an evaluation of the Beats it'll be much more balanced than if you went straight from something better than Beats to Beats, which would result in a rather flawed comparison.

Quote:
Without the price tag I'm sure most fear they would actually like them.
The truth really is that with a $75 to $100 price tag EVERYONE would have them in their collection.

Are you serious? There's a ton of headphones in that price range said to be better than the Solos in terms of comfort, build and sound. As for the looks... not for me. I don't watch to be sporting two large "b"'s on the sides of my head.

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #5,277 of 5,506

Quote:
Are you serious? There's a ton of headphones in that price range said to be better than the Solos in terms of comfort, build and sound. As for the looks... not for me. I don't watch to be sporting two large "b"'s on the sides of my head.

I'm fairly sure he was talking about the Studio's there... and for that price, I might even get a pair. They wouldn't be looked at as such an atrocious 'phone at that price.

As for the Mixr discussion: I was also intrigued by them, so I went out and tried a pair at Best Buy. They didn't sound half bad. Granted, the price/performance ratio is godawful, but they still sounded better than any of the other Beats to me. If they were about $100 less, I think they would make nice contenders for the portable cans in that pricing bracket.

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #5,280 of 5,506

Quote:
http://klipsch.co.uk/cat/ipod-headphones/product/modem40
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
who knows about these?

I don't know much about them, but I did have a listen at a Brookstone in the mall near my house. Granted, this happened in my pre-head-fi days where I was using Beats Studios as my reference HP (I know, I know) to test against other headphones and these handily slaughtered the Beats, which I guess isn't that hard to do. To my untrained ears, they sounded very crisp. I remember thinking, "So THIS is what $349 headphones sound like." Again, this was before I got my V-80s and was using a muddy pair of Beats, situated right next to them, as a reference.  I do like the way they look, though. Oh, and they were VERY comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back