Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #5,206 of 5,506
Quote:
Quote:
I doubt many more people bought the Q701 because of Quincy Jones, but hey what are you gonna do.  Corporations love to slap a celeb on their products... I'm looking at you Harman!  Nothing against Quincy Jones or AKG itself, but I hate the fact that Harman doesn't like AKG flourish and try new things like it used to.  Hell, all their stuff is not produced in China short of the 70x just because of Harman.  :frowning2:

I'm not quite getting that last sentence. Is it because of Harman that made AKG not produced in China? Isn't that a good thing?

It's a typo. He meant to say "Hell, all their stuff is now produced in China short of the 70x just because of Harman."
biggrin.gif

At least I think.

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #5,207 of 5,506
Harman is struggling is a whole.  I miss selling the H/Ks at Best Buy...although, we picked up Marantz instead...

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #5,209 of 5,506
I'm always so disappointed by BBs selection of 2ch stuff at Magnolia. No really nice CD players either. 

PM8004 and SA8004 would be grand.

Quote:
Harman is struggling is a whole.  I miss selling the H/Ks at Best Buy...although, we picked up Marantz instead...

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #5,210 of 5,506

Quote:
*Rambling about pop*

This was the first time I actually took time to read one of your famous long posts. Now on a more serious note, I think I got an idea what you're trying to say. Yes a music doesn't have to be "pure pop" or even pop at all to be on one of those top pop charts, especially with Eminem (which by the way was a great example). I mean I found some of the songs I listen to be on pop charts and they aren't really pop music at all, rather something else. You do make a good point when you explain yourself and I applaud you for that, but then again if LK doesn't like Justin Bieber (his music) then he simply just doesn't like it. I don't like his music, but that doesn't mean he sucks at what he does. I've listened to a couple of his music (forced myself) and with my personal taste I hated most of them, but there are some that are decent if I compared them to other pop music. I don't hate the kid, he could be my best friend if anything and I still wouldn't listen to his music. Why? Well because I'm not a pop person, but that doesn't mean I wont give props to any of his music. There's always at least one decent song a band/artists creates. Just like how some of the people here posted videos of him freestyling. His raps compared to the raps I hear the kids make at my school could be considered a heck of a lot better if not "beast". But compared to the rappers I have on my I-pod, it's what I consider child's play. I still give him props on the freestyle he did, but not enough for me to listen all day or download onto my I-pod. Again if LK doesn't like JB's music and thinks he suck, then to him he sucks. I'm not going to convince him with all my will power to make him look other wise, it's his opinion and we all have different opinions and how we look at things. P.S I'm not trying to start anything and please don't reply if you're going to start something with me cause I'll just simply look over it and continue on with my day. Take care. 

Mar 9, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #5,211 of 5,506
Beats suck. Even if you wanted nothing but bass. Full stop. If those suckers wanted to see what a farty bass cannon sounds like I'll give them the ol' IE8's switched to maximum bass, put the bass setting on my Clip + to +24dB, hook it up to a bass boost amplifier for the hell of it and put on the bassiest, crappiest mainstream teen 'gangsta I got more money and ho's than you' song in existance. I think they will like it more than the beats.  

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #5,212 of 5,506

Quote:
He loves the overpowering bass, thats his opinion. He spends $400 for headphones so he has to force himself to like it, on another hand, I spent way less than him, but at least I dont have to force myself to like mine... =)

haha well that's usually the case - even for us audio-nutes :p

Quote:
btw, JB's youtube links on his freestyle, I dont think that is freestyle. Sounds written to sound like a freestyle to me....

Am I alone in this?

No ur not - I questioned it too.
The only thing I have to say is that, even if it wasn't a true freestyle, he had a good flow + lyrics

Quote:
...I don't know much about the DK2. 
I'm down to hear/ purchase any headphone as long as I like it...not concerned if everyone else likes it...but I will not pay more than what they are worth.

D2K's are very much worth it (see my review), so are the Sony XB700's, but the beats, are not

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #5,213 of 5,506

Quote:
Honestly, I don't see where the D2000's are THAT good. My modded pair of D1001's were more pleasurable to me than the stock D2000's... And over $300 for them?! Jeez, that's so much more expensive than when I bought my pair...

well put it this way, they are worth MORE than the beats, and yet are cheaper.

$300 too much? Seriously?
That's £190 - they are here in the UK for £250, i got them fro £180.
That price, is well worth it (coming from the XB700's)

Quote:
While i have not gotta my hands on a pair of d2k's yet, I think the appeal comes from the fact they are often avaliable in the 200-250$ range where a cans focused on bass are a little less present. Also, the fact that they have a large head-fi following does help with the large amount of recomendations. Similar to how almost every thread has m50's recomended, whether or not thats the sound they are looking for. Anyway, as i said, i have not listened to them, so i cannot judge.

To some extent i agree, however, I bought it on what I wanted, and more so the SQ coming from these are VERY good.
I wouldn't be saying it, if I didn't like them, or didn't think they are worth it.

If they weren't worth it, i wouldn't have bought them. And if they weren't as good as I thought they were, i had a 20day window to return them - no questions asked. I didn't, as you can see.
I'm on of those that: "if it isn't worth the price tag, then its not for me!"
ie. Sennheiser IE7, IE8, CUSTOM earphones (generally), ultrasone pro 900, westone earphone range, se535's

Also based on SQ (some of those earphones i stated), but still...price is a huge factor.

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #5,214 of 5,506

Quote:
Someone give me a really pretentious look today as he was wearing his beats, I was wearing Grados.
I just thought, "Yeah mate, try some Bobby McFerrin on those and tell me how it sounds".

I doubt the guy wearing the beats would ever want to listen to Bobby McFerrin in the first place, so I dont know where youre coming from here...Im sure 9/10 beats owners listen to hip hop/pop primarily.

Thos JB "freestyles" definitely are pre written.  Most of the freestyles on youtube (the studio ones from established artists) are pre-written.  Freestyle doesnt really carry the same meaning anymore 
frown.gif

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #5,215 of 5,506

Quote:
well put it this way, they are worth MORE than the beats, and yet are cheaper.

$300 too much? Seriously?
That's £190 - they are here in the UK for £250, i got them fro £180.
That price, is well worth it (coming from the XB700's)

Yeah, £190 is too much for the D2000. They go for £250? That's pushing D5000 range...

The only reason I had to pick on the price is because my D1001's (when modded) sound equal, if not superior, to the D2000's. 

Mar 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #5,216 of 5,506

Quote:
This was the first time I actually took time to read one of your famous long posts. Now on a more serious note, I think I got an idea what you're trying to say. Yes a music doesn't have to be "pure pop" or even pop at all to be on one of those top pop charts, especially with Eminem (which by the way was a great example). I mean I found some of the songs I listen to be on pop charts and they aren't really pop music at all, rather something else. You do make a good point when you explain yourself and I applaud you for that, but then again if LK doesn't like Justin Bieber (his music) then he simply just doesn't like it. I don't like his music, but that doesn't mean he sucks at what he does. I've listened to a couple of his music (forced myself) and with my personal taste I hated most of them, but there are some that are decent if I compared them to other pop music. I don't hate the kid, he could be my best friend if anything and I still wouldn't listen to his music. Why? Well because I'm not a pop person, but that doesn't mean I wont give props to any of his music. There's always at least one decent song a band/artists creates. Just like how some of the people here posted videos of him freestyling. His raps compared to the raps I hear the kids make at my school could be considered a heck of a lot better if not "beast". But compared to the rappers I have on my I-pod, it's what I consider child's play. I still give him props on the freestyle he did, but not enough for me to listen all day or download onto my I-pod. Again if LK doesn't like JB's music and thinks he suck, then to him he sucks. I'm not going to convince him with all my will power to make him look other wise, it's his opinion and we all have different opinions and how we look at things. P.S I'm not trying to start anything and please don't reply if you're going to start something with me cause I'll just simply look over it and continue on with my day. Take care. 

Don't worry, I'm not going to try to start 'something' or 'anything' here with you. I appreciate your response and your comments. 
It's too bad that you're coming in a bit with out of context approach, as this issue actually started somewhere on page 332 or 333 (I can look for it if you really want). 
And trust me, I agree with pretty much every one of your points. Personal taste is personal taste. However, I do hope that you didn't presume that I was trying to convince Lizard King, or anyone else here for that matter to like a certain Artist or a group (namely Beiber, which was exemplified). But just so I'm clear on this, I never tried nor wanted to do this, trust me that I don't like his music. 

The only thing I was trying to convey is adherence to poster's responsibility to be objective and taking responsibility for making certain comments. If anything, I was initially only intrigued by a few comments that were made by L.K. and all I did was challenge that comment.. I guess it got a bit derailed since I never got a real response to the challenge, rather was fed misdirections, circular logic and arguing and faulty analogies.    So that's why I decided to clarify certain definitions; for the sake of discussion (as opposed to winning an argument or simply ranting).

But hey, it's still within the scope of Popularity, influence and selling an image... so, it sort of fits within the Beats discussion (well somewhat) 

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #5,217 of 5,506

Quote:
Again if LK doesn't like JB's music and thinks he suck, then to him he sucks.

My point wasn't that I didn't like his music, that has next to no meaning in a serious debate. I don't like Whiskey, that means nothing when we're discussing various brands (pretty sure my analogy doesn't work
wink.gif
). My point was I think he objectively sucks, as in, beyond me liking it or not. I can recognize talent in something that doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't like or listen at all to rap, but when I see a good freestyle I can understand the huge effort and dedication required.

Is it just me, or is the Beats crowd receding? I see less and less every day (not that I used to see a lot), and the amount of call-outs seems to diminish as well. Maybe they've had their moment and it's time to move on. I supposed that since they had a 4-month average lifespan and most people in our society don't care enough to use the warranty (just another toy) and so they simply don't use them anymore.

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #5,218 of 5,506

Quote:
That would take even longer I imagine. People here at least have some sense to know who's who LOL.

LOL, I'm shocked why I am even surprised by your comment. Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Just a thought, I HATED these.  Honestly, I think the Mixr's are probably the worst headphones Monster came up with. Sure, the headphones were clearer than something like the Solo's or the Studio's, but the treble on these are nightmarish and awfully mastered. The treble is extremely sibilant and "screechy". Honestly, terrible.
Also, comfort was an enormous issue. The cups were extremely firm and un-cushiony, only made worse by the tight, hard-clamping metal construction. I couldn't stand these for more than 7 minutes.
Honestly, despite the clarity, I even think even something like the Solo's fare better than these. Simply, just nightmarish. I never felt this way about any Beats headphone before, but seriously, what are they thinking...?

Just a thought. 

Glad you did, I didn't know they would suck worse than their predecessors though. These were after audiophiles too, how sad! they think a lot of treble = quality I presume. Ouch, glad I won't auction them, ever...clamping on-ears are horrible.Btw, monster+beats don't think, they won't think if the consumers themselves don't think, albeit question products like these.

Quote:
Kid at my school has these, the left cup literally fell off, so he's been wearing a pair of Mixrs, with only the right cup attached... Wonderful build quality, eh?

LOL, I agree, that's the most sturdiest pair he bought.

Quote:
Posted by LizardKing

My point wasn't that I didn't like his music, that has next to no meaning in a serious debate. I don't like Whiskey, that means nothing when we're discussing various brands (pretty sure my analogy doesn't work
wink.gif
). My point was I think he objectively sucks, as in, beyond me liking it or not. I can recognize talent in something that doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't like or listen at all to rap, but when I see a good freestyle I can understand the huge effort and dedication required.

Is it just me, or is the Beats crowd receding? I see less and less every day (not that I used to see a lot), and the amount of call-outs seems to diminish as well. Maybe they've had their moment and it's time to move on. I supposed that since they had a 4-month average lifespan and most people in our society don't care enough to use the warranty (just another toy) and so they simply don't use them anymore.
I was supposed to have a fancy list of rig

It could be you, I saw a good amount of beats users one time, more than 4 people were wearing solos, and sleeping with them on, even earbuds from them! I wanted to show off my a900x and ckm77s but I thought that would go to far.

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #5,219 of 5,506

Quote:

wink.gif

I've actually been noticing this as well, I don't see as many 'entry' level Beats anymore. I'm starting to see a lot of lower end Senns, some V-Modas and a few AKG's around my school. The iBeats, Beats Tours, Solos, are slowly starting to disappear. Seems like they're time is up. 
Hopefully that's a good thing, but then again, they may lead way to some other kind of monster.....
*BUM* *BUM* *BUMMMMMMM* 
wink_face.gif

Mar 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #5,220 of 5,506

Quote:

I've actually been noticing this as well, I don't see as many 'entry' level Beats anymore. I'm starting to see a lot of lower end Senns, some V-Modas and a few AKG's around my school. The iBeats, Beats Tours, Solos, are slowly starting to disappear. Seems like they're time is up. 
Hopefully that's a good thing, but then again, they may lead way to some other kind of monster.....
*BUM* *BUM* *BUMMMMMMM* 
wink_face.gif

ath-m50s anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back