Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 8, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #5,179 of 5,506
I never get called out for wearing beats, although I have been seeing a lot more solo's and tours lately. I do get curious stares when people talk to me and I have these massive TF10 earpieces hanging in front of my shirt. Imagine the curious stare I will get with my purple customs and green customs that look like blobs..

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #5,181 of 5,506

Quote:
Say whaaat? LOL on top of the normal price too? Ridunkulluos.

Well, people already pay a lot for the marketing and shiny gimmicks, what does an extra 100 on the price matter to those who want to rule the headphone fashion 'roost'?

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #5,184 of 5,506

Quote:
You heard me right!
Beats pro price + £100 (genuine we are speaking)
Drivers + design is identical...its just the detox and colour

this thread just got really good...
Like I've said before, I wouldn't mind owning a pair of Pro's (the only Beats I would own) if I found real ones for less than $200.  Not ever gonna pay $400 for them.  If I found that deal then they would be my guilty pleasure headphone in the collection.  I've never actually head them though so if they really suck then they would go back like many before them.

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #5,185 of 5,506

Quote:
this thread just got really good...
Like I've said before, I wouldn't mind owning a pair of Pro's (the only Beats I would own) if I found real ones for less than $200.  Not ever gonna pay $400 for them.  If I found that deal then they would be my guilty pleasure headphone in the collection.  I've never actually head them though so if they really suck then they would go back like many before them.

haha :p

Beats pro = $399
Beats pro DETOX (paint job) = $499

(I was almost right, apart from the currency lol)

In france...399€ LMAO

or you could get:
D2K's

When will people (noobs) get it? (not you I mean the general public)

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #5,188 of 5,506
I doubt many more people bought the Q701 because of Quincy Jones, but hey what are you gonna do.  Corporations love to slap a celeb on their products... I'm looking at you Harman!  Nothing against Quincy Jones or AKG itself, but I hate the fact that Harman doesn't like AKG flourish and try new things like it used to.  Hell, all their stuff is not produced in China short of the 70x just because of Harman.  :frowning2:

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #5,189 of 5,506

Quote:
I doubt many more people bought the Q701 because of Quincy Jones, but hey what are you gonna do.  Corporations love to slap a celeb on their products... I'm looking at you Harman!  Nothing against Quincy Jones or AKG itself, but I hate the fact that Harman doesn't like AKG flourish and try new things like it used to.  Hell, all their stuff is not produced in China short of the 70x just because of Harman.  :frowning2:

I'm not quite getting that last sentence. Is it because of Harman that made AKG not produced in China? Isn't that a good thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back