Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #5,161 of 5,506

Quote:
but being someone my age, you really have to wear something stylish. Those Denons, Westons, and other IEMS everyone recommend just aren't flashy enough compared to some of Monster's products

This is why I hate people. Seriously? You come onto a forum filled with people that care just a little too much about how they listen to music then proceed to tell them all that the headphones that they find good looking and better sounding just won't cut it because that "lil thang" you "got" your eye on isn't going to think they're flashy? Or is it because all your "bro's" won't think you have good taste in headphones?

*rant off

I didn't see any headphones let alone get to use any myself, I think now would be some great T70 time.

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #5,162 of 5,506
If I get called out by a random person, I talk technical at them until they go away (this scenario has only happened once).  However if it's one of my friends calling me out for spending over 150 dollars on headphones that aren't beats I just let them listen to my "UNAMPED" hd 595s and they get the best "god dammit" face ever.  Now just imagine if I had my little dot amp with me...(or my e17 when I get it)

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #5,164 of 5,506
AHAHAHAHA!
My co-working bought some fake Dr beats detox.

When i saw it lying on his desk, (not knowing they were real or fake at first), i said to another co-worker:
"Did I teach him nothing?"

When he got back the following day he said, here try these.
I said, are they real or fake?
His reply: Fake
Me: Good, thank god
Him: I paid 25€, i don't really care, just wondering how they sound for fakes
Me: My pleasure to try em :D

EDIT:
Forgot about SQ:
Right off:
They are good, for the price. Definitely sound like "clean XB500's"

You can tell these are not real, just by looking/feeling them.
Their SQ generally...sounds like they are washed out.
I'll give them credit, for 25€ - well worth it.

I would price these, SOLELY based on SQ at around 45€
I can see how people buying fakes, might think they got the "real deal"

Funnily enough the fakes, don't have forward mids, and instead are more "all-rounders" maybe monster should learn from their fake dealers LOL

I have to say, both on originals and these...the clamping force is SO MUCH, its unbearably tight on my head.
Considering the D2K's are loose-ish, and the XB700's were just right.

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #5,165 of 5,506

Quote:
AHAHAHAHA!
My co-working bought some fake Dr beats detox.

When i saw it lying on his desk, (not knowing they were real or fake at first), i said to another co-worker:
"Did I teach him nothing?"

When he got back the following day he said, here try these.
I said, are they real or fake?
His reply: Fake
Me: Good, thank god
Him: I paid 25€, i don't really care, just wondering how they sound for fakes
Me: My pleasure to try em :D

The fakers of the Beats are actually doing a good job. They at least got all the signatures some what close.

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #5,167 of 5,506
I have a pair of fake beats tour here just for a laugh, the actual hard case was so real it's scary. The headphones are terrible, one ear piece is louder then the other, they sound like somone threw sand inside them. However from a two meter distance you would be 100% in beat trend. Just don't let anyone listen to them including yourself.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #5,168 of 5,506

Quote:
I have a pair of fake beats tour here just for a laugh, the actual hard case was so real it's scary. The headphones are terrible, one ear piece is louder then the other, they sound like somone threw sand inside them. However from a two meter distance you would be 100% in beat trend. Just don't let anyone listen to them including yourself.

just do what the other kids do!
Put them around your neck...never listening to them! LOL

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #5,169 of 5,506

Quote:

I have to say, both on originals and these...the clamping force is SO MUCH, its unbearably tight on my head.
Considering the D2K's are loose-ish, and the XB700's were just right.

To the credit of the XB series though, those clouds they call cushions are comfortable! At least until your ears gets hot.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #5,171 of 5,506
I asked if I could listen to one of my student's Beats. I think it was the original? Not sure.

Surprisingly not that bad, given all the hatred for them that circulates around here. Would I pay $400 for that sort of SQ? Well, I've actually paid MORE for WORSE in the past. Comes with being a crazy collector-type. In the case of Beats though, I see no real value to owning any beyond their significance as a cultural artifact. Their build quality is so-so, their design is rather uninspired, and I think the celebrity branding is obnoxious.

For me Beats don't inspire ravenous hatred so much as apathy.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #5,172 of 5,506

Quote:
I asked if I could listen to one of my student's Beats. I think it was the original? Not sure.

Surprisingly not that bad, given all the hatred for them that circulates around here. Would I pay $400 for that sort of SQ? Well, I've actually paid MORE for WORSE in the past. Comes with being a crazy collector-type. In the case of Beats though, I see no real value to owning any beyond their significance as a cultural artifact. Their build quality is so-so, their design is rather uninspired, and I think the celebrity branding is obnoxious.

any of your students own anything decent?

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #5,173 of 5,506

Quote:

Emphasis mine.

I took the stance "ravenous hater" back in the day, even before I found Head-fi. Made me look like a madman it did. Then I took a more conservative stance of not giving a F about it. Fast forward until now, and recently I got to listen to a Studio of my friend's. Well the only listening experience I had up until that point is the Creative aurvana live and my 1-day old Portapro. I said it before though in this thread, but I can agree with MuppetFace's assessment. Although I wouldn't pay the kind of money just for looks (arguably not that appealing. Personally I don't like the looks much, but the Mixrs, okay a bit. Wish some of the Big Fats make something look like them). At one time, maybe, but not anymore.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #5,175 of 5,506
I think this might be very useful...haven't found any pictures of FAKE DETOX's yet

-> they do look cool that said - nice design, build quality...is something else on both real and fakes.

So here they are, Fake Monster Dr. Dre Beats Pro DETOX:
(picture quality isn't great, it was taken with my phone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back