Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Feb 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #4,531 of 5,506

Quote:

Legit? Let's see, a UK web site that looks legit. Oh, wait a minute what does a Whois turn up:

Code:
 Domain name: ibeatsbydre.co.uk Registrant: Bobby Registrant type: Unknown Registrant's address: shayagn road 222-3 chongqing chongqing 400000 China

The wonders u can find with domain names.

Quote:
I can't wait to get rid of my so-called In-ear Beats Tour Headphones!! Not just because Beats/Monster have claimed to produce "high resolution, high performance" headphones that can equally be enjoyed by a five year old who doesn't know a single thing about sound quality, but because this brand and manufacturer has totally missed the mark for headphone listening. Even though (sadly) many of us might think headphones are today's fashion statement rather than today's solution to low-quality mobile music listening, this is a terrible approach to headphones and am happy several of our hi-fi brands (such as PSB Speakers, Sennheiser, Polk Audio, and B&W) have not wavered down this fashion runway. 

I'll unhappily wait (with my Beats headphones half inside a garbage can) for my pair of M4U Headphones from PSB Speakers, thank you very much! 

haha :p

Quote:
I'm a beats owner sadly(not for long) and I hate wearing them because people ask me what I think about them and I complain about the quality and price and then they look at me like I'm out of my mind.

Which ones will u be getting instead :D?

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #4,532 of 5,506

Quote:
I don't like Beats By Dr. Dre, But i like Monster product. I have a lot of cable from them.

Their cables as said below are WAY too over-priced...some HDMI's for £100-200...its crazy!

Quote:
a notch too expensive and I would rather get an RCA cable or something but they didn't exaggerate as much as they did with their headphones (and I had an horrible idea: monster/beats speakers)

Well - beats exaggerate - Monster use their name + premium brand to boost the prices up on their earphones for example.

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #4,533 of 5,506
I'd call you out for not buying the D2000s instead. I actually owned the D1100s first and upgraded, worth the extra £120 i spent...FAR superior in terms of clarity, mid/high end seperation and sound stage. Upgrade to them and you won't regret it!

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #4,534 of 5,506

Quote:
As far as I'm aware Tyl refers to bright headphones as 'quick' or 'fast', and dark headphones as 'slow.' Meaning, quick headphones are treble heavy, and slow headphones are treble light.

no... that's definitely not what he means its the headphones articulation. A headphone with a bumpier response is typically faster and a smooth one is typically slow

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #4,536 of 5,506

Quote:
I'd call you out for not buying the D2000s instead. I actually owned the D1100s first and upgraded, worth the extra £120 i spent...FAR superior in terms of clarity, mid/high end seperation and sound stage. Upgrade to them and you won't regret it!

D2K's are incredible - I have to say - well worth the £180 I spent for them.

Quote:
I purchased a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50's  which actually just arrived in the mail and all i can say  is WOW what great sound so far. The beats are going back in their box where they belong.

Which beats do you have?
The beats by dre?

And glad your enjoying the M50's :D!

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #4,537 of 5,506

Quote:
I don't like Beats By Dr. Dre, But i like Monster product. I have a lot of cable from them.

I have been an audiophile for quite some time, and the cables feeding my AR98LS speakers have been unchanged for maybe over 20 years. Recently when I was finally making a proper listening room, it was a shocking discovery to find that the cable that my dad bought even before I was born were Monster cables. I instantly felt weird using a monster product.. but I have to say, they are quite nice cables actually. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #4,540 of 5,506
This has probably been posted before, but I lol'd. Came across it while looking at something else, actually...

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #4,541 of 5,506
Quote:
I have been an audiophile for quite some time, and the cables feeding my AR98LS speakers have been unchanged for maybe over 20 years. Recently when I was finally making a proper listening room, it was a shocking discovery to find that the cable that my dad bought even before I was born were Monster cables. I instantly felt weird using a monster product.. but I have to say, they are quite nice cables actually. 

They are! Just overpriced. Though perhaps back then they weren't as good at raising their prices for no good reason.
Though they don't always last that long. I haven't seen any friends own Monster cables (that are used in semi-portable situations) not being broken in very odd ways.
And don't forget: products made in the past often come in much better durability and quality. I got a Panasonic microwave still kickin, and it's way older than me.

Quote:

I purchased a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50's  which actually just arrived in the mail and all i can say  is WOW what great sound so far. The beats are going back in their box where they belong.

Try to sell them! If there's one good thing Beats are good for, is for selling. Though to avoid remorse, try selling to strangers lol.

So finally I got called out by my friend, wondering why I have so much headphones. "Why don't you just buy Monster (he meant Beats though) or Bose?" and... well, hard to convince him. I was wearing a T50RP... should have let him listen. He doesn't even use headphones/earphones usually, so I figured I shouldn't bother.

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #4,542 of 5,506

Quote:
Try to sell them! If there's one good thing Beats are good for, is for selling. Though to avoid remorse, try selling to strangers lol.

So finally I got called out by my friend, wondering why I have so much headphones. "Why don't you just buy Monster (he meant Beats though) or Bose?" and... well, hard to convince him. I was wearing a T50RP... should have let him listen. He doesn't even use headphones/earphones usually, so I figured I shouldn't bother.

That is very true - if you can prove they are real that said and not VMODA BEATS lol - then you'll sell them with ease, hell even fakes sell easily!

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #4,543 of 5,506
I will now tell you my BEATS story:

Once upon a time, there was a boy that got infected by this very rare, and incurable disease called Audiophilia. That boy was me. I was only four when I started playing with Mark Levinsons (that a friend of my dad used to own, some start eh?) Back home I loved listening to Eros Ramazzotti and occasionally Dire Straits on the Acoustic Research 98LS speakers and do my kindergarten business.. you know.. hitting on girls.

Then came a very quiet period in elementary school when I was suddenly hit by the Tiesto and Paul Van Dyk euphoria which naturally lasted about 3-4 days, and I was finally back better than ever. I found out a whole new and untapped source of music which seemed too good to be true! For the first time ever, I heard the solos of Comfortably Numb and Stairway to Heaven, and I was already into Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, CCR and all that Acid Rock and Rock n' roll madness.

I bought a new cartridge for my Thorens turntable and got pretty serious. New JBLs came in, along with 2 McIntosh dudes, which I am still not supposed to touch, but they do sound lovely!! I was already into high school, educating my friends all along the way. It would be seriously selfish to credit this to myself, but I very seriously influenced my best friends, out of which 3 rock bands were formed and they still exist to this day.

It was time to go to College in Switzerland. I came here chasing a dream, and it was the best decision ever, but I had to part with my speakers, which was very harsh. From this point on, I was searching for a more portable cure for my Audiophilia, and came up with headphones.

The darkest hour in my life was when I made the decision to buy the Beats By Dr Dre Studio. To this day, I still don't know why I bought them. I would always diss them when i see people wearing them, especially after hearing them. I was somehow tricked by a person telling me that "with headphones, you don't get better than that Mike" What I know is that when I heard them at home, I was completely outraged. Fortunately, the right driver broke down after a week, and got my money back.

And then... a very unlikely person came to the rescue. A DJ!!! He was telling me that.. "there is this Austrian company called AKG, they make some AUDIOPHILE headphones" OMG!! I immediately bought the K242s after liking them a lot! Of course, I found some other amazing headphone companies, but despite AKG's recent commercialization, they will always remain special to me.

The feeling when I sit in the lobby or the library of my College and put my AKG K242 HDs is awesome. It certainly sticks out of the "flock" of beats headphones. But i do get in a lot of trouble in the library, since they are semi-open and leak a lot. 

Fortunately, people do ask a lot of questions and test them to see how much better they are. But it went over the top when I delivered a presentation in Business Communication class titled: Beats By Dr Dre: what are they good for? I thrashed them to the max. Right now, I will show them my new K701s when I go back to college after the break, im sure there will be a lot of explaining to be done. But the phones will speak for themselves i guess.

I like to say that my K242s introduced me to headphone audiophilia, but it was actually the beats.. with their horrible sound.

...and thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back