Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Feb 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #4,501 of 5,506

Quote:
1.The spider-man because IMO the designs were put very well together  (first one)
2. I really like how the color was put on it, but the only things I don't like is how the bmw logo just sticks out like that (1:45)
3. And finally I like the transformer as well and have the same opinion as you do (5:25)

If only the other headphone brands made stuff like these I would buy those without hesitation. The only downside is that the price for them would go up and I'm not that good with money right now. 

haha!
Its for fun more than anything I think - then again I'm one that buys orange shoes :p

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #4,502 of 5,506
I've been given a look for not having Beats before.

In fact, a friend this summer was showing off his beats, i think they were Pros, not sure, and i told him to give my HD595s a listen. He puts them on, listens for a few seconds, shrugs, and says they're okay. He then proceeds proclaim that Beats are awesome because of the bass man, the BASS.

I just sighed and walked away.

In my mind: Beats ~= $100 closed-backs with a bass boost circuit in front of them.

Also nearly every person i know treats them like they're the pinnacle of portable listening, except for a few friends who i managed t sway into true audiophile territory.

I mean, they have AA batteries in them for god's sake.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #4,503 of 5,506

Quote:
haha!
Its for fun more than anything I think - then again I'm one that buys orange shoes :p

Lol orange shoes, haven''t seen those for a while now, but I guess you're right. I just wonder if there'll ever be hybrids of headphones like two PROFESSIONAL headphone companies coming together to make one.

Quote:
I've been given a look for not having Beats before.

In fact, a friend this summer was showing off his beats, i think they were Pros, not sure, and i told him to give my HD595s a listen. He puts them on, listens for a few seconds, shrugs, and says they're okay. He then proceeds proclaim that Beats are awesome because of the bass man, the BASS.

I just sighed and walked away.

In my mind: Beats ~= $100 closed-backs with a bass boost circuit in front of them.

Also nearly every person i know treats them like they're the pinnacle of portable listening, except for a few friends who i managed t sway into true audiophile territory.

I mean, they have AA batteries in them for god's sake.

Yea I never trust headphones that need batteries cause then it feels like I'm playing my gameboy and need to carry extra batteries in case the first runs out and headphones that cost more then $200, but are still 90% plastic

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #4,509 of 5,506
I'll bet THESE Beats sound amazing. New model? 
basshead.gif

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #4,513 of 5,506
http://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/sennheiser/images/hd800/D3S_4311-1200.jpg

saw someone with these i think it was sennhoser or sinehazer or something they look sick and stuff but the cord was way too long lol what a loserrr i was all like lolz you should get beats but ur so POOR you cant get quality BEETS at least beats dont have a long cable, although mine brok :frowning2: but dre has god warranty 

In seriousness though I wonder what someone would think seeing an HD800 or LCD2 etc. These do have rather unusual looks, and also the fact that they're kind of indoors headphones mean that it would be quite an unusual to see out 'in the wild.' I'd definitely do a double-take if someone was wearing LCD2s even before I knew what they are.

Could attract 'calling out' though but probably more curiousity than anything, just because being so unusual might inspire some caution. Honestly though I've had no experiences with 'calling out' mostly because I don't wear headphones around ever. It would be interesting to test though because my university has about 90-95% Beats among those who wear headphones at all. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #4,515 of 5,506

Quote:
You think that's cool. What about wearing a hat with your headphones on, that's awesome, you know the headphone not being completely around your ear thus letting sound out so everyone else hears it.

dam it - completely forgot - next time :p

Quote:
Only if you are wearing them over your hoodie so the sound is muffled, not under your hoodie..

I was doing exactly that -> putting them over my hoddie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back