Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Feb 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #4,351 of 5,506
More interesting stuff from The Tech Game! Arguing with people about Beats is a daily thing now, but it doesn't get old. Here are some of the latest wise words from Beats owners.

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=3091629/new-beats-by-dre-mixr.html

In this thread, observe the typical Beats fanboy in his natural habitat. Suddenly, along come the vicious Head-Fi'ers to challenge him on his own turf! An epic fight to the death ensues, but after a thrashing, he's still got some left and comes back for more!

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=3096691/for-root-beer.html
This does not end well for the now-battered fanboy. Will he mount a counter-attack? Will he again try to debunk the truth? Tune in next week! 
popcorn.gif

Sorry for the commentary, but I just couldn't resist. Here's another one.

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=2070772/buying-headphones-get-advice-here/start=1470.html

Feb 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #4,352 of 5,506
Man, keep up the good job!
Turning people into audiophiles and saving their money, and saving trees, one forum at a time.

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #4,355 of 5,506
Could you find the article/video that this is from? I'm interested in it.

Quote:
-Their marketing plots are ridiculous. They had a Monster Best Buy display (the story is on youtube, it's not mine, but it is real) with 2 screens: one using a HDMI monster cable, the other using some cheap brand cable. Everyone was impressed at how much better the Monster cable was. What they didn't tell you was that the cheap cable was a VGA, not HDMI. Not only is it a different technology, so not comparable, they are comparing a digital signal to an analog one.

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #4,356 of 5,506
Today in school when I left gym to go to the nurse there was a group of people all huddled around, I didn't mind them until as soon as I passed them one spoke up saying "The beats are expensive and they break easily" the others responded ,but I couldn't exactly hear what they were saying. Gosh I wanted to turn around and go back to listen what they were saying. Also I saw a kid in my class wearing beats pro and I can't lie, they looked pretty dam good. I think there's two people that have the pros and there's this one kid with these lakers skullcandy which to me looks nasty, but there's this one kid I saw with sennheiser. I just wanted to go up and touch it then ask what kinds were they.

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #4,358 of 5,506

Quote:
I think I came off as a bit hostile with that post. 

Here's the thing. It's more of a situation like we have had to discuss in this thread a few times. We don't hate Beats. We hate the way they're marketed as 'the best' and the fact they're overpriced. Skrillex is the most prominent name in Dubstep right now even though almost all of his music lacks the most fundamental part of the genre (Sub-bass). It seems like 90% of people who 'love DuBsTeP' measure it by Skrillex because they think that's the way it's supposed to be. 

You know, I usually find the opposite. Most dubstep connaisseurs love to bash on Skrillex. It doesn't even matter what they're listening to, they need to make everyone around know it's better than Skrillex. Go to any obscure dubstep group's song on youtube, see the comments, at least one is bashing him. Obviously I'm not referring to you, just a general aura of let's-bash-what's-hip. I checked out the first group metalsonata mentioned, Burial, and in the only song I saw, the second most-rated comment was "amazing, skrillex is **** burial rules". Dude who cares? If you're such an expert, listen to your own damn music and let others enjoy their. It's like those people who love to make memes saying Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black are crap. Yes they are, we know, now can we please enjoy your superior artists? I just don't have such a low self-estime that I need to constantly remind myself an others how my musical taste is superior. I'm not even going to bother debating subjectivity and what constitutes "better" music, because it's all electronic, and if we go by "more effort = better" there's always a Japanese 8 year-old who plays the violin perfectly, which envolves more effort than electronic music ever has or will. I agree very few of the people I know know much about dubstep or EDM, me included, and I'd never say Skrillex is the best artist, there's just so many variables to consider. I guess you and I simply have been seeing opposite sides of a pointless debate.

Quote:
More interesting stuff from The Tech Game! Arguing with people about Beats is a daily thing now, but it doesn't get old. Here are some of the latest wise words from Beats owners.

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=3091629/new-beats-by-dre-mixr.html

In this thread, observe the typical Beats fanboy in his natural habitat. Suddenly, along come the vicious Head-Fi'ers to challenge him on his own turf! An epic fight to the death ensues, but after a thrashing, he's still got some left and comes back for more!

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=3096691/for-root-beer.html
This does not end well for the now-battered fanboy. Will he mount a counter-attack? Will he again try to debunk the truth? Tune in next week! 
popcorn.gif

Sorry for the commentary, but I just couldn't resist. Here's another one.

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=2070772/buying-headphones-get-advice-here/start=1470.html

You really need patience to endure that thread. It's just so annoying when someone comes along and tells you you're a hater because you can't afford them. It's always fun when Ishcabible posts at those moments =) I also lol'ed at the suggestion that you might get banned for offering free advice.

Quote:
Could you find the article/video that this is from? I'm interested in it.

I could not. I'm 89.36% sure it was posted on this thread, but of course finding it isn't appealing. Google didn't find me the video, but I did find this. The top comments shows the same situation, HDMI-vs-VGA in a Best Buy.

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #4,359 of 5,506
Went to radioshack today, and one of the employees approaches me about purchasing a free iphone or something... I shrugged him off, and stated I was just around browsing... few minutes later, I ask him if they have any V-moda M80's and stuff, and he says "yeah, but why don't you get the beats instead?" After I started talking about soundstage, forward mids and polite presentation, he just kinda nodded dumbly at me, having no idea what I was talking about. Maybe it's because he assumed I was a high-schooler (I'm short) that he assumed off some pretense that I would have an affinity for them. It was pretty amusing.

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #4,360 of 5,506
I had almost exactly the same experience, I went into radioshack to try the M80s and they guy said I should go for beats and he busted out his Detox special edition nonsense, I listened to them and for $500 they sounded awful (not to say they were terrible phones, just for that price). He said a few things about how the M80s just didn't have the same quality sound, I of course didn't listen to anything he said.

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #4,361 of 5,506

Quote:
I had almost exactly the same experience, I went into radioshack to try the M80s and they guy said I should go for beats and he busted out his Detox special edition nonsense, I listened to them and for $500 they sounded awful (not to say they were terrible phones, just for that price). He said a few things about how the M80s just didn't have the same quality sound, I of course didn't listen to anything he said.

He was right though, they definitely don't have the same quality sound!

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #4,362 of 5,506
I would be all cinematic on him.

"How much do they pay you to look into people's eyes and lie? How much is a person's soul worth? Do you hear them? Do they rob you of your sleep at night, the screams of those you fooled?"

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #4,363 of 5,506
well i went into guitar center last year when i really got into more hi end audio, and i said what is your best headphone, and he said beyerdynamic dt 770 / 80 ohms.  So this isn't just a beats thing, i think hi end audio in headphones is being looked at a little more through your average consumer. 

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #4,364 of 5,506
Both ends of the spectrum have their extremes I suppose. Unfortunately they're both pretty lame in this case. But yeah, Burial is amazing.

Quote:
You know, I usually find the opposite. Most dubstep connaisseurs love to bash on Skrillex. It doesn't even matter what they're listening to, they need to make everyone around know it's better than Skrillex. Go to any obscure dubstep group's song on youtube, see the comments, at least one is bashing him. Obviously I'm not referring to you, just a general aura of let's-bash-what's-hip. I checked out the first group metalsonata mentioned, Burial, and in the only song I saw, the second most-rated comment was "amazing, skrillex is **** burial rules". Dude who cares? If you're such an expert, listen to your own damn music and let others enjoy their. It's like those people who love to make memes saying Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black are crap. Yes they are, we know, now can we please enjoy your superior artists? I just don't have such a low self-estime that I need to constantly remind myself an others how my musical taste is superior. I'm not even going to bother debating subjectivity and what constitutes "better" music, because it's all electronic, and if we go by "more effort = better" there's always a Japanese 8 year-old who plays the violin perfectly, which envolves more effort than electronic music ever has or will. I agree very few of the people I know know much about dubstep or EDM, me included, and I'd never say Skrillex is the best artist, there's just so many variables to consider. I guess you and I simply have been seeing opposite sides of a pointless debate.

Feb 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #4,365 of 5,506

Quote:
Both ends of the spectrum have their extremes I suppose. Unfortunately they're both pretty lame in this case. But yeah, Burial is amazing.

Originally Posted by LizardKing1 

You know, I usually find the opposite. Most dubstep connaisseurs love to bash on Skrillex. It doesn't even matter what they're listening to, they need to make everyone around know it's better than Skrillex. Go to any obscure dubstep group's song on youtube, see the comments, at least one is bashing him. Obviously I'm not referring to you, just a general aura of let's-bash-what's-hip. I checked out the first group metalsonata mentioned, Burial, and in the only song I saw, the second most-rated comment was "amazing, skrillex is **** burial rules". Dude who cares? If you're such an expert, listen to your own damn music and let others enjoy their. It's like those people who love to make memes saying Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black are crap. Yes they are, we know, now can we please enjoy your superior artists? I just don't have such a low self-estime that I need to constantly remind myself an others how my musical taste is superior. I'm not even going to bother debating subjectivity and what constitutes "better" music, because it's all electronic, and if we go by "more effort = better" there's always a Japanese 8 year-old who plays the violin perfectly, which envolves more effort than electronic music ever has or will. I agree very few of the people I know know much about dubstep or EDM, me included, and I'd never say Skrillex is the best artist, there's just so many variables to consider. I guess you and I simply have been seeing opposite sides of a pointless debate.

(quoted weirdly)
Never really listened to Dubstep...what is considered the 'purist' stuff? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back